My First ITK

Just now, kirksandallowl said:

Ah the Arsene Wenger defense, I've not seen "Literally word for word, the same cliches get trotted out when a chairman is challenged or under pressure" either.  I'm not saying everything he's done is great or correct, i just think more constructive criticism than "fizz off out of our club" and the like might be a better way to go about improving things, but what do I know.

I was hoping you’d at least find a solitary single example.

Owlstalk Shop

Like I say word for word cliches followed by the old ‘chairman shouldn’t be getting abuse online’ followed by zero examples of it actually happening

Happens absolutely 100% every single time a chairman is under pressure 

In that order 

Every single time 

Owlstalk Shop

24 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

So you think the current level personal abuse the chairman & his family is receiving is an acceptable way of challenging him?

This thread is a great example of people using well reasoned and fully substantiated arguments to show just how incredibly badly our football club has been run by Mr Chansiri. The fact that a handful of idiots on other platforms resort to personal attacks on the man and his family ( not seen any personally but I'll take your word for it) in no way detracts from the perfectly valid points being made in this thread. If you support our chairmans actions that's fair enough but please find another outlet to show your support. It's not relevant to this thread.

22 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

likewise

Pointing out that a man who self admittedly knows nothing about football is unsurprisingly doing a terrible job isn’t abuse, it’s just the truth. 

Turnig 100 million pounds into a relegation push doesn’t scream success. 

• Haha 1

On 02/03/2020 at 07:29, thewookieisdown said:

Very good OP.

In Georgian/Victoria England, the less able younger sons of rich families tended to go into the church, where they could do no harm, and live off the fat of a rectory.

The otherwise unemployable members of plutocratic Thai families get to play with football clubs.

The Rhodes story - utterly plausible - is on its own proof that Delphon Chansiri is a moron.

13 minutes ago, Jaybeeowl said:

This thread is a great example of people using well reasoned and fully substantiated arguments to show just how incredibly badly our football club has been run by Mr Chansiri. The fact that a handful of idiots on other platforms resort to personal attacks on the man and his family ( not seen any personally but I'll take your word for it) in no way detracts from the perfectly valid points being made in this thread. If you support our chairmans actions that's fair enough but please find another outlet to show your support. It's not relevant to this thread.

8 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

Pointing out that a man who self admittedly knows nothing about football is unsurprisingly doing a terrible job isn’t abuse, it’s just the truth. 

Turnig 100 million pounds into a relegation push doesn’t scream success. 

Page one of this very thread (no time to go through the rest) seems like very constructive criticism to me.

1 minute ago, kirksandallowl said:

Page one of this very thread (no time to go through the rest) seems like very constructive criticism to me.

I don’t see any evidence of Chansiri or his family receiving abuse 

Notning personal but you’re just retreading steps of those who go before you any time the chairman is challenged at SWFC

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I don’t see any evidence of Chansiri or his family receiving abuse 

Notning personal but you’re just retreading steps of those who go before you any time the chairman is challenged at SWFC

Calling someone a moron isn't criticism its abuse.

• Haha 1

Guest mkowl
1 hour ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

In brief under company law it's possible for the person setting up a new company to agree a contract on behalf of a company they are setting up in the future.

Part of the condition of contact can be that company being set up will be the party completing the purchase.

May explain why the accounts were signed off late, the auditors may have been happy that the contract signed before 31.7.18 transferred the risks and rewards of ownership at the date of contract (hence including sale in 31.7.18 accounts) but may have wanted that term of contract (incorporation on Sheffield 5) to be completed before signing off the audit report

You can also novate any legal contract. So that the original contract may have been in the name of another entity - in place on the due date - but before formal completion it was changed to Sheffield 5. 

From an accounting viewpoint if a contract was in place (and valid) then it does not really matter who it was with. Simply had we - even if only on paper - transferred the beneficial ownership to another entity on that year end date.

Like I have always said, given that evidence is not in the public eye I cannot comment. The evidence in the public domain does not really back our claim on dates BUT it's the body of evidence in total that you consider as auditor 

33 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

You quoted me. 

I would completely stand by what I said. The quality of decision making and leadership is as poor as I have ever seen in any context. It defies belief that after all this time, all these obvious lessons, he still makes the same elementary mistakes. He has no strategy. He has no staff. He has alienated fans. 

He has done other specific things too. Our 150th anniversary should have been a massive thing. It was far from that. He even failed to secure timely delivery of the season kit. What a fiasco that was and wholly his fault. 

I believe him to be a deeply stupid man and I have no compunction in saying so. He has damaged an institution I have loved for more than forty years. 

14 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

You can ignore the stories about the Paxo Chicken Group, which were there from day one, which I chose to ignore, and hoped that it was something which only happened to other clubs, but alas our transfer policy over the last four years hasn't been for the benefit of the Club or Mr Chansiri. Which brings into question who really owns the club. 

I don't accept it's all down to Chansiri's incompetence, the party which has clearly benefited are the agents / advisors. 

The fact Monk was let go from Birmingham City because he was only picking players who were managed by his agent. Another smoking gun. Then turns up at our club. 

I accept it's reading between the lines and I hope I'm wrong, but if it was merely down to Chansiri looking after his own interest as 100% owner, I dont see why he'd sign Wickham on 20k per week, especially when he's pursuing the EFL through the courts on FFP. I also don't see why he'd continue to listen to the advice of the same agents who brought us Jordan Rhodes, Almen Abdi and George Boyd.

None of it makes sense, unless there is another motive other than the success of the club. i.e. the success of the Paxo Chicken Group is more important.

Well ive seen some barmy comments on here but this takes the egg,sorry chicken/biscuit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

You can also novate any legal contract. So that the original contract may have been in the name of another entity - in place on the due date - but before formal completion it was changed to Sheffield 5. 

From an accounting viewpoint if a contract was in place (and valid) then it does not really matter who it was with. Simply had we - even if only on paper - transferred the beneficial ownership to another entity on that year end date.

Like I have always said, given that evidence is not in the public eye I cannot comment. The evidence in the public domain does not really back our claim on dates BUT it's the body of evidence in total that you consider as auditor 

Agree, all I have ever considered is that we don't have access to the pertinent information regarding the transaction and timing there of.

In absence of such my professional stance would be to give benefit of doubt to the club as I know how much this would have been scrutinized by the independent auditors.  Until proven otherwise still believe club will have a solid case.

On other hand the silence on this from the club since December is understandably worrying for fans and there seems to be a lot of negative spin against the club being fed to media whilst this is ongoing

2 hours ago, Minton said:

Nope. Typical bullshit post with literally zero basis in fact.

He's with Stellar Football Ltd. Their clients include Bale, Saul, Chilwell, Sigurdsson, Ward-Prowse, Tierney and Shaw. 

I very much doubt they need to send someone on loan just to drum up interest in one of their clients.

The Stellar Group, Neil Crosby from September 2019.

Formally at Doyen Global..

On 02/03/2020 at 08:59, KivoOwl said:

Good OP and totally inline with everything I've heard too, especially the bit about employee's disliking DC.

Last week I worked for a guy I've known for years - great bloke, diehard Wednesday fan and in charge of selling executive boxes at the club, a job he'd done since the PL days.

He left three weeks after Chansiri arrived so no new ITK info, but he left as DC was basically telling him how to do his job, while doubling the cost of the boxes. Reckons he did well to last three weeks - about 30 left around the same time. He's now at another local EFL club and loving it.

Can remember telling this story around the time it happened and being met with 'he's dragging us into the 21st century' etc. Five years on and there are STILL people supportive of his record. Absolutely bonkers.

My dad spoke to this guy again last night.

Mentioned something about Ineos  with regards a takeover, don't know if that's news or not.

Not a fan of Chansiri - "evil little f**ker" was the exact phrase.

Understand if people think it's just the ramblings of a disgruntled ex-employee, but they are 100% the words told to my dad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

How do we attract better players with a smaller  player budget? 

I don't get this argument that the smaller our player budget it will be better for us. 

No one has argued that.

And plenty on here have already spelled out exactly why our ticket pricing policy/wage budget/player recruitment habits are massively flawed.

Once again you’re being deliberately obtuse to get bites.

12 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

My dad spoke to this guy again last night.

Mentioned something about Ineos  with regards a takeover, don't know if that's news or not.

Not a fan of Chansiri - "evil little f**ker" was the exact phrase.

Understand if people think it's just the ramblings of a disgruntled ex-employee, but they are 100% the words told to my dad.

I doubt this is true, unless it’s a whoosh? But Ineos are owned by Jim Ratcliffe Britain’s richest man and he recently said he didn’t want to buy Chelsea 

23 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

No one has argued that.

And plenty on here have already spelled out exactly why our ticket pricing policy/wage budget/player recruitment habits are massively flawed.

Once again you’re being deliberately obtuse to get bites.l

I'm asking genuine questions  if we have reduce our ticket prices how do we make up the shortfall? 

People have suggested various ways of making up the difference but those have  not worked in the past and if they had why wouldn't DC carry on doing it? Just doesn't make logical sense to me. 

The trading of players is where we have slipped up but apart from Joao have we had any genuine sellable assets? Cetainly not enough to make a signicant difference. 

I'm more than happy to go down the path of lower prices but not seen

any models which would make up the shortfall. 

He will be forced to go down the road of lower prices due to supply and demand which is scary. 

I still believe that we had success to early in the first two seasons he had to go for it when the opportunity arose. That derailed evolution of the club.