My First ITK

3 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

The small matter of who's picking up the other half of the tab seems to be incomprehensible to half our fans. For the love of all that is good, we sank into a decade of darkness because we owed £20m to the Co Op Bank. Last time I saw a set of accounts the club owned Chansiri £60m.

There's a lot of people forgetting the result of this latest financial debacle with the EFL is the club doesn't even own a stadium. 

There is no immediate light at the end of the tunnel if the OP is true. I believe the Paxo Chicken Group have more control over Chansiri than he does over them. 

Chansiri goes and I think we get another face, controlled by the Paxo Chicken Group, or if they both go, we end up renting the ground of Chansiri and the Paxo Group.

And if I'm right about agents owning our club, then there's going to be another chapter in the war with the EFL if they get any proof of it. 

I'm not ITK, just disillusioned with modern football, and the above is entirely plausible. 

Three cheers for Chasiri, the EFL, Millions Madaric and The Paxo Chicken Group 

We're heading to the same place as Portsmouth, Coventry and Sunderland 

There's a reason why the Germans don't allow single investors to own more than half a club. English football is shot to pieces. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/union-fans-unveil-vulgar-banner-targeting-hoffenheim-owner-as-second-day-of-protests-continue-193123630.html

What makes you think that? I wish all these stories would go away.

I have enough to worry about with Coronavirus, do I panic buy?  Get some masks? 

Can someone ban me from OT please.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Dexter Morgan said:

What’s happened to Winnal? Has he completely fallen out of favour too? Him or Rhodes don’t even make the bench and an atrociously unfit guy takes their places 

Oh yeah them two who were terrorising all the defenses up and down the country. 

You would have more of an impact.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

What makes you think that? I wish all these stories would go away.

I have enough to worry about with Coronavirus, do I panic buy?  Get some masks? 

Can someone ban me from OT please.

You can ignore the stories about the Paxo Chicken Group, which were there from day one, which I chose to ignore, and hoped that it was something which only happened to other clubs, but alas our transfer policy over the last four years hasn't been for the benefit of the Club or Mr Chansiri. Which brings into question who really owns the club. 

I don't accept it's all down to Chansiri's incompetence, the party which has clearly benefited are the agents / advisors. 

The fact Monk was let go from Birmingham City because he was only picking players who were managed by his agent. Another smoking gun. Then turns up at our club. 

I accept it's reading between the lines and I hope I'm wrong, but if it was merely down to Chansiri looking after his own interest as 100% owner, I dont see why he'd sign Wickham on 20k per week, especially when he's pursuing the EFL through the courts on FFP. I also don't see why he'd continue to listen to the advice of the same agents who brought us Jordan Rhodes, Almen Abdi and George Boyd.

None of it makes sense, unless there is another motive other than the success of the club. i.e. the success of the Paxo Chicken Group is more important.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

Orlando wouldn't spin anything and never has as far as I know ,nice chap and been on here for years 

I don't doubt what Orlando has said is the truth, but there is clearly more to the Chansiri story, which his source clearly wouldn't be party too.

14 minutes ago, Dexter Morgan said:

Good point but didn’t winnall score in an away game then hasn’t played since? 

9 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

He scored against Leeds and to be fair to him put a real good shift in then played a couple more did nothing and disappeared. 

From memory.

Hasn’t scored a league goal since September.

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Dexter Morgan said:

What’s happened to Winnal? Has he completely fallen out of favour too? Him or Rhodes don’t even make the bench and an atrociously unfit guy takes their places 

The Paxo Group have to get Wickham fit for another transfer, that's my guess. 

That's why Windass doesn't start, he's already match fit. 

The whole thing is rotten to the core. 

13 hours ago, FordGT40 said:

I've heard from a reliable source that Hutchinson, unhappy at being a bit part player, told Monk he'd come off 'injured' if called upon, which he did in the last game he played for us and hasn't played since. Take it with a grain of salt but I trust who told me.

Its not quite the same as what I was told, but there are certain parallels.  

All I can say is that Hutchinson was jettisoned from all association with the first team following QPR, despite him being imho our best player whilst on the pitch. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, katie melua said:

No way did only 19 million depart in player transfers

They got 30 million for Sissoko from Spurs, 12 million from Palace for Townsend and around 25 million from Liverpool for Winjaldum

Geordie fans couldn't believe their eyes when they saw a 30 million figure for Sissoko, a comparison of that is a club offering one pence for Kim Olsen

I apologise, I was looking at 17/18 instead of 16/17.

They did still spend £58m on players though. They funded it by selling the players mentioned, but the point I was making is that spending huge sums on players helps you get up. 

16 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I have been on here many years but never been ITK with stuff. However, today is the day after nearly a decade on Owlstalk that I join the highly esteemed likes of The Bizzle, Big Guns, Penguin and John Bloodaxe in being truly ITK. 

One of my friends (not an Owl) works at another Championship club and a guy who he knows from university currently works for us (I won't say the role but it is with the first team and U23). They met last week and got talking about Wednesday as he knows my family are all supporters and season ticket holders. This is what he passed on to me, some of it is very obvious stuff we can all guess, but some other things might be surprising.

- The first team were told that a points deduction is inevitable and is imminent (although DC is still committed to appealing it). He had heard 12 points was what had been mentioned to the first team and he does think this has really affected the performances etc

- DC wants out and has hardly spent any time at the club this season. He is also quite widely disliked by staff there

- If we do manage to stay up after a points deduction he doesn't believe DC will be spending much on big signings again

- Monk is apparently liked by the players and staff (surprising) and the way he speaks seems to indicate he plans to be here long term and use a new younger side 

- Westwood and Hutch have been pushed out after falling out with Monk. Apparently they both aren't that well - liked behind the scenes, especially with the newer players. He also described one of them as not a nice character

- There are some divisions within the dressing room 

- Fletcher is a legend and everyone loves him 

- Rhodes was due to sign for Celtic on transfer deadline day on loan but DC requested a ridiculous loan fee that Celtic didn't want to pay

- Monk has been told he can bring in his own backroom staff and wants a big turnover in the current playing squad in the summer

- In his opinion as an employee and not a supporter, the club massively lacks leadership and direction and it seems that things are just plodding along without any real aims. Just a sort of, 'let's hope we get promoted' without having any real plan. This stems from DC

- He has no idea why we haven't got a Chief Exec or an equivalent to run the day to day things at the club, especially seeing as DC is rarely ever at the club nowadays

Most it seems pretty plausible and nothing too groundbreaking. Enjoy garymegson

Think your mate reads owlstalk, every single thing has been said on here.

dc can only spend 6 months per year in the uk

How come no players leaked the soon to come points deduction...especially, err ..the two that don't like monk.

Celtic wanted rhodes for fa, we said get foooked.

Dc is disliked by staff, yet no bugger has jacked..bullen, cc, jos, monk.

Monk can have his own staff...who said so, cos dc said he can't.

We did have a ceo but she did a runner over ground sale. A new one will be appointed after the misconduct hearing.

All true cos it's been said on here 53,254 times