I listened carefully

6 minutes ago, goonan8 said:

So you think a deflected goal and two individual player errors for the the other two goals are Monk’s fault? Is it not blindingly obvious that some of these player who have been here for years are fundamentally flawed? They turn up for one game and go missing for the next, it feels like it’s been going on since the dawn of time!

it certainly does but it is his job to change that.

4 minutes ago, goonan8 said:

So you think a deflected goal and two individual player errors for the the other two goals are Monk’s fault? Is it not blindingly obvious that some of these player who have been here for years are fundamentally flawed? They turn up for one game and go missing for the next, it feels like it’s been going on since the dawn of time!

The same players who finished the season pretty well last season and who were 3rd at Christmas?

2 goals at home in the last 6 home games, playing dull lifeless football and tactics which change so much they would baffle Einstein. 

But it’s nothing to do with the manager?

50 minutes ago, prowl said:

I don't blame him. Try reading my post again.

I don't have a problem if he stays or goes. I'm in pretty much the same mind with most of the players. They've had their chance and most have failed so if they go I won't shed a tear, If the manager decides to keep one or two that's ok too.

We do need a clear out of most of the out of contract players just to cut the wage bill and freshen things up.

Was agreeing with you.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Daz said:

The same players who finished the season pretty well last season and who were 3rd at Christmas?

2 goals at home in the last 6 home games, playing dull lifeless football and tactics which change so much they would baffle Einstein. 

But it’s nothing to do with the manager?

So picking Westwood hutch etc would make it all better. Wake up too many players past or don't care.

Just now, Harrysgame said:

How does he change it most of the available players are as bad as each other..give him time to clear the dead wood.

When did he last successfully rebuild a team?

Surely that is an important prerequisite if you are letting a manager rebuild, otherwise you are just rolling dice and hoping.

27 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

What tactics were hopeless today?

In fact tell me how the tactics were flawed today.  I thought we started quite rigid and compact first half, happy to let them have it in their half.

He started 4-4-2. We weren't actually playing that badly, but a dodgy deflection and two half arsed gift wrapped errors left us 3-0 down

He then changed formation second half to three at the back 3-5-2. He had the guts to yank the team captain.

We huffed and puffed in a half arsed way, with only Windass looking like he wanted it.

There comes a time when the players have to take responsibility. They didn't for most of the game today.

The Monk haters aren't listening to what he is saying. He's repeatedly saying that we have underlying problems with the playing staff at this club. He'll have told them directly because I get the impression he is unafraid of telling it like it is. Some haven't taken it well. But it doesn't mean he's wrong.

We have a collection of players of varying ability, many crocks, many past it. We don't have a team or a unit. Ask Bully. He'll tell you. He's been there all along. Seen it all. He almost had a nervous breakdown last time he was caretaker.

How is that Monks fault?

How can he respond on match day if the players have trained well and done everything asked of them all week get on the pitch and do the opposite.

Better still what are you expecting him to do?

Monk’s decision to play Lees today instead of starting Iorfa.

Was that the right choice?

Monk’s decision to play an out-of-form Harris today.  He’s just signed 3 new forwards.

Monk’s decision to select Bannan and Lee again; both playing 3 x 90 minutes in the space of 7 days.  Quite a lot of that time as a two-man central midfield.  Players need rest and recovery to get their best level of performance.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sternlad said:

I apologise in advance for commenting here having not listened to the “wise words” of St Gary of Monk. However, he doesn’t appear to be the ‘sharpest tool in the box’ to me, I get the feeling that the players have seen through him and realise he hasn’t really got a clue. A bit like when the supply teacher goes in and tries to rule the roost over a class of battle hardened Year 11’s, it’s just not gonna happen! In reality I wonder if Hutch and Westwood have been forthright and honest in their assessment of him to his face and as a result the rest of the squad don’t see the point. He very much looks like a lost soul, especially during the goal celebrations on Wednesday night...if he were a dog, you’d put him out of his misery. Come on Chansiri, do the reyt thing...let the axe fall.

The only part of this risible post that you've got right is...battle hardened year 11s..

• Haha 1

Guest LittleG
22 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

What tactics were hopeless today?

In fact tell me how the tactics were flawed today.  I thought we started quite rigid and compact first half, happy to let them have it in their half.

He started 4-4-2. We weren't actually playing that badly, but a dodgy deflection and two half arsed gift wrapped errors left us 3-0 down

He then changed formation second half to three at the back 3-5-2. He had the guts to yank the team captain.

We huffed and puffed in a half arsed way, with only Windass looking like he wanted it.

There comes a time when the players have to take responsibility. They didn't for most of the game today.

The Monk haters aren't listening to what he is saying. He's repeatedly saying that we have underlying problems with the playing staff at this club. He'll have told them directly because I get the impression he is unafraid of telling it like it is. Some haven't taken it well. But it doesn't mean he's wrong.

We have a collection of players of varying ability, many crocks, many past it. We don't have a team or a unit. Ask Bully. He'll tell you. He's been there all along. Seen it all. He almost had a nervous breakdown last time he was caretaker.

How is that Monks fault?

How can he respond on match day if the players have trained well and done everything asked of them all week get on the pitch and do the opposite.

Better still what are you expecting him to do?

We played ok for first 10 minutes, the remainder of the half we were dire. Playing a midfield 2 of Bannan and Lee was always going to lead us having problems in that area especially when the wide players don't tuck in to help; surely even Monk should realise this. We all know that we need a clear out but are you really that confident tbst Monk has the ability to do this because he's not convinced me. As to the question what are you expecting him to do; I would like to know what his style of play is; I would like him to show some tactical nous; I would like to see more motivation, I would like to see us not having to keep making early substitutions because of wrong team selections. I want to see more leadership from Monk instead of this "We all know what the issue is " attitude. I've no great affinity to the players or Monk, I want what's best for Wednesday. I want a good manager and I don't think we've got one.