I listened carefully

21 hours ago, Blatter said:

I got the impression that Monk just didn’t know what to say and kept repeating meaningless gibberish.

He knows he’s failing and really can’t figure out what to do next. A sure sign of a man reaching the end of his capacity to cope.
I fully understand he’s playing the hand he’s been dealt, but he really isn’t playing it well.

Starting with the defence, it’s been clear for a year now that Tom Lees is in decline. He was never a good passer of the ball but this has got worse affecting his confidence such that he dwells on the ball too often. Iorfa has looked uncertain at times but has the pace and power to get himself out of trouble, can run forwards with the ball and hit a pass too. Key to a strong defence is a settled back four. Pair up Iorfa and Borner and stick with it.

The keeper situation is a mess and Dawson needs a break. Monk has robbed himself of the ability to give him one.

Midfield is and has been lightweight for four seasons. I don’t advocate bringing Hutchinson back in. He  plays too deep and collects too many bookings and suspensions . Bannan and Lee no longer have the energy to play regularly at anywhere near their past levels. Windass was a revelation today and should have started. He runs freely and has an eye for goal. Pair him with Luongo as soon as possible.

Wickham showed signs of being a little sharper and willing to run today but is a long way off full match fitness. We have little alternative but to persevere with Fletcher as much as possible with Nuhiu as late sub .

Basic stuff that Monk seems to be losing sight of..

I’d play Iorfa with Hutchinson. But again he’s backed himself into a corner with this. 

20 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Short termism. They revert to type before too long.

Someone has to break this cycle. Monk is trying to.

Said before. After Monks decision making around Christmas time, shortly after the Stoke match, the season is over. He needs to swallow his pride and bring them back to stop us going down. 
We don’t want a new manager rebuilding in League 1.

Calamitous decision making of the highest order. If he thinks that was a good move he needs sacking for gross incompetence. 
If they had gone, fine but they are still here. ON BIG WAGES!!!

Edited by stanningtonowl

6 hours ago, LittleG said:

Look none of us know what's going on with Monk and the players so not going to speculate. I'm sure before he took the job he knew that he wouldn't be able to bring his own staff in. Some of the older players need moving on, some of the more recent signings aren't good enough. The players need to take responsibility but so does Monk for his tactics(or lack of), his team selections,  substitutions and so on. Listen ing to his interview did nothing to inspire me.

Imagine what his team talks are like. 

5 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Why all this fuss about what Monk said after the match.? He is hardly likely to say  ' We were CRAP.Our Defenders can't defend. Our Midfield is non-existent.  Our Forwards don't know how to score goals.' is he?  But that's the truth!!!!!!

I am in no way supporting Monk, but before calling for the Manager's head, let's call for the ones who should carry the blame. The Players. For months now, they don't play the first 45 mins, then decide they 'might try'. And the biggest offenders are the 'names'. 

It may take several years , but GET RID of the lot and start a rebuild. 

All that's true, but a half decent manager would be able to get some kind of tune out of this squad. 

He's barely getting a damp fart. 

• Thanks 1

Guest LittleG
24 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Imagine what his team talks are like. 

All that's true, but a half decent manager would be able to get some kind of tune out of this squad. 

He's barely getting a damp fart. 

That's why I said in his interview he said nothing that inspired me to think he should remain in charge

1 hour ago, stanningtonowl said:

Said before. After Monks decision making around Christmas time, shortly after the Stoke match, the season is over. He needs to swallow his pride and bring them back to stop us going down. 
We don’t want a new manager rebuilding in League 1.

Calamitous decision making of the highest order. If he thinks that was a good move he needs sacking for gross incompetence. 
If they had gone, fine but they are still here. ON BIG WAGES!!!

What you are saying is fair enough.

Bringing them back could end up being more disruptive to the team as a whole though.

It's a sorry state of affairs when we talk about Hutch and Westwood as some sort of match winning legends. They've been good servants but you cannot deny their availability and form have dipped. ( Not to mention others as well)

Neither will be match fit now will they!

Simply put, we need Luongo back asap to add a bit of steel to the midfield.

Edited by OwlBiSeeinThi

2 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Bringing them back could end up being more disruptive to the team as a whole though.

It's a sorry state of affairs when we talk about Hutch and Westwood as some sort of match winning legends. They've been good servants but you cannot deny their availability and form have dipped. ( Not to mention others as well)

I think it is more short term. We need to stay up. The summer is the summer but we need to be in the Championship.

Accept that, achieve it at whatever short term costs. Have a plan for the summer, and that can be minus ALL the bad players, but we need to achieve safety. 
Not convinced Luongo is the answer. 

Just now, stanningtonowl said:

I think it is more short term. We need to stay up. The summer is the summer but we need to be in the Championship.

Accept that, achieve it at whatever short term costs. Have a plan for the summer, and that can be minus ALL the bad players, but we need to achieve safety. 
Not convinced Luongo is the answer. 

Thing is Hutch coming back in all fired up, guaranteed red card or worse still his biscuit knees turn to crumbs with one of his 29 yard sliding tackles.

If he managed to stay on the pitch he'd take three or more games to get to the right level.

12 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Thing is Hutch coming back in all fired up, guaranteed red card or worse still his biscuit knees turn to crumbs with one of his 29 yard sliding tackles.

If he managed to stay on the pitch he'd take three or more games to get to the right level.

Think Hutch is far calmer as a centre half. Also his injury/yellow/red card record this season has been a lot better. 
Make him centre half, even make him captain. We need one. 

8 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

2 goals in 16 first halves at home suggests he is tactically inept regardless of what he does or doesn't say in interviews. Lee Bullen has a better record than him as manager this season. 

It's a bloody horrific statistic yet still some of our fans want to give this clown a pre season!!!!!!!!  F@cking frightening stuff

12 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Think Hutch is far calmer as a centre half. Also his injury/yellow/red card record this season has been a lot better. 

I'd have no qualms about him being in the back line. He always should have been. 

Alas that ship has sailed. I can't imagine breaking up Iorfa and Borner will go down too well on here.

40 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Hutchinson has been available for nearly every game this season.

No point being critical of Hutchinson's recent injury record then say we need to be reliant on having Luongo back.

26 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Most of our players have spent more time out injured this season than Hutchinson and when was the last time he was sent off?

13 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

He was last sent off in 2016/17 season. He’s been sent off 4 times altogether. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

I'd have no qualms about him being in the back line. He always should have been. 

Alas that ship has sailed. I can't imagine breaking up Iorfa and Borner will go down too well on here.

Think Borner could do with a break as well. Not the same player at the moment. 

1 hour ago, stanningtonowl said:

Think Borner could do with a break as well. Not the same player at the moment. 

Agreed, but thought he looked better once Iorfa came on yesterday. 

4 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Hutchinson has been available for nearly every game this season.

No point being critical of Hutchinson's recent injury record then say we need to be reliant on having Luongo back.

Most of our players have spent more time out injured this season than Hutchinson and when was the last time he was sent off?

Garry Monk offers advice to Sheffield Wednesday star

Midfielder Sam Hutchinson has been urged to use his “experience a little bit better” to improve his disciplinary record.

Tuesday, 24th December 2019, 11:33 am
UpdatedTuesday, 24th December 2019, 1:08 pm

Hutchinson has sat-out Wednesday’s victories over Nottingham Forest and Bristol City due to suspension. He triggered an automatic two-match ban after picking up his 10th booking of the season against Derby County. Boss Garry Monk insists he does not want Hutchinson to curb his aggressive style in the middle of the park, although he admits some of his bookings could have been avoided. “As a manager, you don’t want to take that competitive edge away," said Monk. “I like my teams to be aggressive defensively. I like the way he plays but there are certain times where he can use his experience a little bit better.”

maybe this was the moment hutch told monk to fizz off.  Couldn't take the advice that was necessary for his success. 

Just saying.

Edited by OwlBiSeeinThi