Westwood statement

7 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

easily swayed lol 

you and several others have been chasing the rumours for months about him and Hutchinson. 
he releases a statement with no malice or blame to the manager or club and you still continue to speculate the worst. 

sorry but it’s staggering 

Again, I simply have no idea what you have been reading. Either with regard to the fact that I have “been chasing the rumours” or with regards to the statement from Westwood.

You can’t fool all of the people all of the time.

But you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people (2Roland2) all of the time.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

The only thing that is astounding is that people can read a nothing statement and come to a conclusion.

If presented with 100% of the facts, I might disagree with Monk. I might disagree with Westwood. I might think they are both acting like immature kids. I might think that the majority of the blame lies with one person.

But with the very limited information coming out, I can’t make a judgment.

The really scary thing is that the majority of people are so easily swayed and these people are allowed to sit on a Jury in a court of law. Really scary stuff.

I think most people would conclude that blame probably lies with both sides.

You have an outspoken senior pro, and a fairly quiet and seemingly stubborn manager.

I remember Atkinson getting all the squad together at the training ground and asking them to adjudicate on Sheridan's misdemeanours. From memory Atkinson was ready to sell Sheridan, and the players said providing Sheridan apologises and tows the line they would be happy for him to stay.

Different times yes, but an example of how man-management can dis-fuse a situation and make the squad stronger, which it certainly did then. 

7 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

no it was. Just because he’s your mate on here though and it was me who commented you won’t agree so it doesn’t matter. 

It's nothing personal, I just pretty much fundamentally disagree with practially everything you post. 

• Haha 7

Just now, SiJ said:

It's nothing personal, I just pretty much fundamentally disagree with practially everything you post. 

Is that because you're using your loaf?

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

well he has and it was highlighted at least 3 times in posts in here. He’s given a clear explanation of why he isnt playing if people are calling him a liar. Say it. Don’t skirt around it. 

Not really. 

It doesn't exactly chime with what Monk said a few days ago. 

Two sides looking out for themselves. That's pretty much what is going on here imo. 

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

well he has and it was highlighted at least 3 times in posts in here. He’s given a clear explanation of why he isnt playing if people are calling him a liar. Say it. Don’t skirt around it. 

Jesus Christ.

Ok. I think you are going to have to do this very slowly because I am clearly missing it.

please clearly explain to me, why Westwood isn’t playing?

• Like 1

Just now, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Jesus Christ.

Ok. I think you are going to have to do this very slowly because I am clearly missing it.

Because he teabagged Monk whilst Hutchinson watched. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Jesus Christ.

https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/england/south-yorkshire/sheffield.html

Just saying

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

I summise that if Pudil hadn’t got married, we’d still be in the top 6.

Is that what we’re saying?

No. 

If Carlos didn't shag Pudil's Mrs before the play off final we'd be in the Premier League now. 

FFS 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, cowl said:

Not just for the sake of it though if it was to try to arrange a transfer in January.

If Monk's told him he's not in his plans, then surely it could be argued that if Westwood said he's rolling his sleeves up to fight for his place anyway, then it would only increase the pressure on Monk to pick him should Dawson's dip in form continue.

You may be right, but he didn't release this statement in January did he?

Maybe there was a transfer which fell through in January. But do you really think that Monk's man management skills are so non existent, that after that transfer fell through, he was still refusing to pick Westwood EVER just for the sake of it?

43 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

The question I do have is that if Monk simply rates Dawson higher than Westwood and it is 100% a footballing decision why would Westwood not say so if you are going to the trouble of making a statement?

So what you're asking is why the exact phrasing of “it is 100% a footballing decision” wasn't used?

To me, he very much is saying that he considers it to have been a footballing decision made by Monk.

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Why hasn't he blamed DC every other fooooker has.

lol

Yeah, weird that.

What has been happening on the pitch since Xmas has nothing to do with DC

His chosen manager for the season fuckedoff. Slim pickings left to pick from and they couldn't have a pre season.

He's given  previous managers every financial help they asked for and more.

This at the moment is a player/manager problem and they have to sort it.