Westwood statement

36 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Why would he like it there , so he doesn’t play in the winter is that what you are trying to say ? Bizarre 

Has Christmas off every year in a country where it’s busiest time of year, or play in a league where there’s no games over Christmas. 

Just now, RichieB said:

No. 

If Carlos didn't shag Pudil's Mrs before the play off final we'd be in the Premier League now. 

FFS 

I’m lost now.

I’m going to have to wait for the usual Owls Talk experts to explain it all to me.

Including which one of the 53 variants Hutch may or may not be guilty of.

According to the rumours, he’s thumped everyone at the club, including Monk, and all club staff. Also feigned injuries. Doesn’t want to train, etc. etc. etc.

Now I’m no Einstein, but I’m erring on the side of some of these rumours being untrue.

For one, I can’t see how an unfit man can bang out that many people unless his name is Gary Madine.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

You may be right, but he didn't release this statement in January did he?

Maybe there was a transfer which fell through in January. But do you really think that Monk's man management skills are so non existent, that after that transfer fell through, he was still refusing to pick Westwood EVER just for the sake of it?

So, you're saying you think Westwood is refusing to be picked?

1 hour ago, cookeh said:

So Monk doesn't deserve to be slated for deciding that our most experienced keeper should play no part?

All I'm saying is that Westwood has released a very well worded statement that gives us no detail of what has actually happened and why he isn't in Monk's plans, whilst at the same time putting the spin on it that fault lies firmly with Monk.

2 minutes ago, andytrig said:

All I'm saying is that Westwood has released a very well worded statement that gives us no detail of what has actually happened and why he isn't in Monk's plans, whilst at the same time putting the spin on it that fault lies firmly with Monk.

Pretty much. 

We are no closer to really knowing what has gone on. 

It doesn't really match up with what Monk was saying a few days ago, but then no one would expect it do so. 

Think this all very much a case of people looking out for themselves and trying to not harm their own reputation. 

Ultimately, it is Sheffield Wednesday who will pay the price for this mess. 

Edited by SiJ

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

How does it????

FFS!

what are you people reading? Do you all have a different version of the statement or are you reading what is not there?

Ultimately comes down to whether to believe Monk or Westwood. Monk intimated that Westwood was a bad influence in the dressing room and Westwood has denied it.

It's pretty much a case of pick your side.

1 minute ago, andytrig said:

With a tinge of victimhood linked to a young woman taking her own life.

Thanks for the good times but pay him off and fuckhimoff!

19 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

He’s given a clear explanation of why he isnt playing if people are calling him a liar. Say it. Don’t skirt around it. 

What is the clear explanation? Grateful if you could point out the clear explanation of why he isn’t playing?

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

I can't believe that Monk simply believes Dawson is a better keeper. 

Likewise, there is no one on this planet who rates Joey P above Hutchinson. 

And yet both of them are now training with the Under 23s. 

There is more at play here than different views on football. 

3 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Ultimately comes down to whether to believe Monk or Westwood. Monk intimated that Westwood was a bad influence in the dressing room and Westwood has denied it.

It's pretty much a case of pick your side.

Funnily enough, I want them all out. 

This kind of crap can't be allowed to continue. 

It is embarrassing. 

33 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

The only thing that is astounding is that people can read a nothing statement and come to a conclusion.

If presented with 100% of the facts, I might disagree with Monk. I might disagree with Westwood. I might think they are both acting like immature kids. I might think that the majority of the blame lies with one person.

But with the very limited information coming out, I can’t make a judgment.

The really scary thing is that the majority of people are so easily swayed and these people are allowed to sit on a Jury in a court of law. Really scary stuff.

Or vote in a referendum.....

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I’m lost now.

I’m going to have to wait for the usual Owls Talk experts to explain it all to me.

Including which one of the 53 variants Hutch may or may not be guilty of.

According to the rumours, he’s thumped everyone at the club, including Monk, and all club staff. Also feigned injuries. Doesn’t want to train, etc. etc. etc.

Now I’m no Einstein, but I’m erring on the side of some of these rumours being untrue.

For one, I can’t see how an unfit man can bang out that many people unless his name is Gary Madine.

Gary only punches horses and you know it.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

so he states there the manager made a decision and he accepted it. Is there in black and white, he says no fall out, he left the chat on good terms after discussing it. 

so the only thing I can assume from your stance is your saying he’s telling porkies?

or what is your point?  

5C7CB8BD-EEF0-46D7-8078-740FFAE62CF4.jpeg

No my point is that he doesn’t tell us why he isn’t in the team.

Aside from knowing that they had a conversation and didn’t fall out about said conversation we have no idea at all.

Monk could’ve told him he thinks Dawson is a better keeper, that he doesn’t like Westwood’s attitude, that he thinks Westwood is a bit smelly. It could literally have been anything.

And yet you are saying it is now clear why Westwood isn’t playing.

when I’m no clearer than I was last night.

6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

What is the clear explanation? Grateful if you could point out the clear explanation of why he isn’t playing?

Come on @2roland2, I asked you a civil question and all you do is neg it like a great baby.

Could you please point out the clear explanation? Should be easy to do without too much fuss. You said it is there.