Westwood statement

17 minutes ago, Mr. Chow said:

So been dropped without an explanation, if they’ve not fallen how can he not be the starting line up especially after the current events, we are a very weak team at the moment and removing your experienced players won’t help too. 

Why do you think he hasn’t had an explanation?

And you can’t think of a reason for him not being in the starting line up that they haven’t fallen out over?

Monk:- “You simply cannot keep biting every ball sack that you see in the changing rooms. It hurts the players, is risking their health and is damaging team morale”.

Westwood:- “Fair enough, I accept your decision”.

There are at least a million other more likely explanations.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

what? what what what what the fizz are you on about pal. Your getting a wage here so you aint done your our number 2 keeper and if your not available to the squad anymore I'de like to know why, because either you or Monk had said your not playing anymore if thats the case, you cant come out and say "oh everything is ok with us, ill just not really be playing again" when we're in the position we are in at the club, if Dawson gets injured your down to play Keiren right? Your an experianced keeper whos lost his first team spot, but you are up for playing for us if we need you too right? 

What a bizarre way to run a football club, a player we resigned to a 2 year deal in the summer after giving 6 years service is banished from the first team picture.

presumably this happened before the end of the January transfer window, yet he is still here and has not been sold or loaned out to keep up his fitness and also reduce the cost of his salary to the club.

This could also be why Dawson form is dipping as he clearly has no competition for the No1 jersey.

A very very sad state of affairs and no way to run a football club. I can honestly say I have neve been more worried about the way my club is being run both off and on the pitch and can only see dark times ahead with the EFL and end of season issues on the horizon.

If we are in that much of a mess financially that we could only loan players in January, even though our chairman tells us we have nothing to worry about with the charges coming, we wait till the summer but Could well be under some sort of embargo if we lose the EFL case or requiring EFL approval before any players can be signed. 

15 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Seems I've hit a nerve, it could explain how you seemingly enjoy "speculating" against the clubs interests. The only way you defend yourself is is by making personal attacks.  Deflection tactics.

I'm doing no such thing. 

I can reassure you that I am a Sheffield Wednesday fan. 

And it is you who started with the "personal" attacks. 

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

such semantics. We all know what he meant. And so do you. 

I don’t have a clue what he meant or what you mean.

none whatsoever.

Semantics would suggest I am making picky points whilst ignoring the fundamental argument.

Whilst in actual fact I am disagreeing with absolutely everything you say.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just worked it out - £30k a week until 30th June 2021

Thats £2.12m in wages for doing nowt.

We need to teach more players like this a lesson. Lets freeze out Rhodes as well

Oh. Wait

Guest LondonOwl313

He did an interview with Radio Sheffield last year after Jos was sacked and he pretty much said the same things then. People don't get excluded for no reason so there has to be a bit more to it than that even if he basically accepts where he's at with his relationship with Monk.

Without adding more and more to speculation, he's always come across as a decent bloke who wants the best for the club and fans. Look at all the good stuff he does with kids... doesn't have to do that if he's trying to distance himself from the club yet he does.

It probably does come down to a disagreement somewhere with Monk on availability for training and management of ongoing injuries. It's the only thing he has in common with Hutchinson and the only thing that two managers could both have as a reason to not play them. 

I wouldn't write him off as will be back once Monk leaves.

2 hours ago, Kanye West said:

Loads of fans wanted Westwood out of the net when he was dropping clangers week in week out.

Players to the fans seem to turn world class when they're not playing. Lets be honest, Westwood has been dreadful this season when he's played, which is why he was dropped.

He was in poor form and got dropped but not awful every time he has played, he has kept clean sheets and earned us points.

Dawson was in good form earlier in the season, now we have taken 5 points from 10 games and his performances have contributed to this poor form. If players were being picked on form then Westwood is due another chance.

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

How many jobs can you sit at home watching the telly for a million a year ?

Disgraceful.

I wouldn't get out of bed for that

Oh hang on. I wouldnt need to

My total guess

It’s above being Monk’s choice. 

Westwood is now on a list with Abdi, Hutchinson, Hirst Jnr, probably Rhodes too. 

I think all the debate of Monk vs whoever, Jos vs whoever is sort of pointless if it’s all above their heads. 

(Ps. I’m not sure what is classed as making rumours, guesswork or speculation... but that’s my opinion). 

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

It does sound like he's not expecting to be picked any time in the near future. Regardless of how many mistakes Dawson makes...

If there hasn't been a fall-out then he needs to be an option. Managers are always talking up the need for competition in order to get the best out of players.

Monk needs to clarify whether Westwood's statement is accurate. If it is, then the question has to be asked why he didn't set the record straight.

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Just worked it out - £30k a week until 30th June 2021

Thats £2.12m in wages for doing nowt.

We need to teach more players like this a lesson. Lets freeze out Rhodes as well

Oh. Wait

You need to see his contract, maybe he is on less if he is not playing and just maybe its DC who is insisting of this to save money.

Who knows but still think DC has had some involvement. I really think we are in a bigger financial mess than we know.