Westwood statement

Just now, Ray Von shabba said:

Fair play to him for putting out the statement.

My concern now is, Dawson doesn't have anyone pushing him for his place and his form recently hasn't been good.

Agree it reads like a farewell and if that's the case, good luck KW in what ever you move onto. 

Why fair play to him?

what does it say?

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

So basically what happened is...

Monk decided Westwood’s best days were behind him and wanted to move forward with Dawson

Westwood found himself a move and it didn’t happen at the last minute 

Monk stuck to his guns and is moving forward with the future (btw, it’s extremely normal for players deemed surplus to requirements to play with the 23s)

Westwood has been told he is free to leave in Summer and will not play a part.

Out of respect for Westwood, Monk isn’t going to make him travel and train with the first team when he has zero chance of a future career here

Owlstalk made stuff up

Dawson’s Form went off a cliff and now Monk has made a rod for his own back. 

So, essentially...we’re saying Monk has messed up and needs Dawson to get back on track ASAP

Confused? You will be, tune in next week for another exciting episode.

• Haha 6

24 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

If I recall correctly, one rumour posted a couple of weeks back was that the deal for him to go to Huddersfield was essentially sorted, but then DC decided he wanted more money and pulled the plug.

Going off of everything we know, I can easily believe it 

If there’s one lesson to learn from KW’s excellent statement it is NOT to believe the rumours that get passed around and post them online. The latter part being the most important 

Just now, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

You can’t just let somebody go for free and then not honour your legally binding contract to pay them!

Did you read the previous comments? I’m fully aware you can’t release someone mid contract :laugh:

We had an offer from Norwich to take him off our hands in the summer for free. Hindsight says that’s maybe wouldn’t have been such a bad deal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Out of respect for Westwood, Monk isn’t going to make him travel and train with the first team when he has zero chance of a future career here. 

This more than likely the case, and a huge indicator that a bust up hasn’t happened.

If Monk didn’t like Westwood he’d be messing him about dragging him to games he’s not playing in. 

Huge amount of respect shown by Monk there, on a human level too.

Guest LondonOwl313
8 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

He was happy to sit on the bench, waiting for his turn, as he did for the Forest and Bristol City games.

Then Monk decided he was done. Worked out well didn’t it, but Monk knows what a successful dressing room looks like apparently

How did that end for Jos. Just remind me.

Continues to have rapport with his team mates, who since Westwood got told he was for the chop, seem to have lost a bit of focus.

When you’re close as a squad, as we were, then the manager starts to swing the axe, it can sometimes have a detrimental effect. People wonder who is next.

Brilliantly handled by Monk. Well done fella. Bravo.

Next time, tell them when the season is over and we’re safe.

I’ve pretty much decided I don’t like Monk.. didn’t think that before he came here and was cautiously optimistic he could do something here. And it isn’t all his fault either for balance, he should have been allowed to bring in his own backroom staff

But I’m getting bad vibes about his ego and personality just from little things he says. His playing career was nothing to write home about yet he claims to know what a successful dressing room is about. He bad mouthed the Birmingham manager in the press and showed himself up on matchday.. I mean even if he did shaft him for a chance at the main job himself, that’s football and he’d moved on to a supposedly bigger club in Wednesday anyway so why act like that. It’s not like he didn’t do something similar at Swansea is it. 

On top of that we threw away so many points at the end of games before Xmas and he kept trotting out the same lines around we’ll learn etc but it kept happening. Partly because every game he took off our attacking threats with 15 mins to go.. but he didn’t learn. 

Then we just started outright losing games early on and he kept saying we need a response etc.. and when he’d not got one for about the third time he then turned on the players in the media basically saying they’re all done here.

Obviously on top of that there’s the KW and SH situations... but his man management skills appear lacking. Of course we could do with some new players but you’re not telling me that someone else couldn’t get some results with what we have. If Bruce had stayed I think we’d have got the play offs this season as the league is pretty average 

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

So basically what happened is...

Monk decided Westwood’s best days were behind him and wanted to move forward with Dawson

Westwood found himself a move and it didn’t happen at the last minute 

Monk stuck to his guns and is moving forward with the future (btw, it’s extremely normal for players deemed surplus to requirements to play with the 23s)

Westwood has been told he is free to leave in Summer and will not play a part.

Out of respect for Westwood, Monk isn’t going to make him travel and train with the first team when he has zero chance of a future career here

Owlstalk made stuff up

Dawson’s Form went off a cliff and now Monk has made a rod for his own back. 

So, essentially...we’re saying Monk has messed up and needs Dawson to get back on track ASAP

You have just made all of that up.

How on earth do you get any of that from that statement?

it amazes me how people cannot read what is actually said and just fill in the blanks for themselves.

1 minute ago, MartinOwlMan said:

If there’s one lesson to learn from KW’s excellent statement it is NOT to believe the rumours that get passed around and post them online. The latter part being the most important 

If there's one lesson to be learnt from PR, it's that if there is an information vacuum, you can control the narrative by filling that vacuum first.

It's a very clever and manipulative statement.

Long list of what he's achieved at the club, clean sheet records, player of the season, etc. Love the club and the fans.

I haven't fallen out with the manager he's told me I'm not in his plans and I respect that.

Westwood comes out of the statement looking like the bigger man whilst Monk is further undermined and slated for writing him off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

This more than likely the case, and a huge indicator that a bust up hasn’t happened.

If Monk didn’t like Westwood he’d be messing him about dragging him to games he’s not playing in. 

Huge amount of respect shown by Monk there, on a human level too.

Yes.

Just not a footballing level unfortunately 

17 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

If Monk had any sense every player not needed would be told at the end of the season when we have nothing to play for!

Made this point in another thread. Seems like out of contract players are already well aware they won't be offered a new one.