Westwood statement

2 hours ago, Tyto Alba said:

He should be making a statement saying he is ready to play or sit on the bench, not that load of BS.

I slightly agree with this. He’s in contract, why isn’t he sitting on the bench? I still think more has gone off here but have to take this as face value for now 

• Like 1

Bannan basically outed Forestieri when he wasn’t training hard enough for regular selection earlier in the season 

Surely if that was the case it would have been outed again here. 

Just doesn’t make sense to throw them to the scrap heap when we’re literally in free fall. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, alanharper said:

It does sound like he's not expecting to be picked any time in the near future. Regardless of how many mistakes Dawson makes...

We want Monk out say we want Monk out!

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

To be fair, you can get away with anything if you’re rich.

Yes, like purchasing a famous, historic football club and turning it into a basker case. Oh well,  league 2 will be a brand new experience for us all.

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

So you're only pretty sure that you support the club?  Sounds very wishy-washy. 

Speculating is how a united fan would justify making rumours up. 

Are you actually accusing me of being a United fan? :duntmatter:

Clearly, sarcasm goes over your head like most things. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bing Cosby said:

No, but his statement reads entirely in the past tense, as far as he's concerned he's done.

Now its possible that could be the manager's choice, but as I've said I would find it an extremely strange decision to freeze out a high earner with a season and a half to go on his contract.

None of us know for sure what's happened and this statement doesn't clear anything up IMO.

yes, and the statement released now is careful timed.

If the club haven't seen and approve it, he could find himself in more trouble - maybe that was the intention.

3 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

No, but his statement reads entirely in the past tense, as far as he's concerned he's done.

Now its possible that could be the manager's choice, but as I've said I would find it an extremely strange decision to freeze out a high earner with a season and a half to go on his contract.

None of us know for sure what's happened and this statement doesn't clear anything up IMO.

But he can't just decide he's not going to play for us anymore all by himself.

There's no doubting the finality of Westwood's statement though.

And it would indeed be a strange decision to freeze out a high earner with a season and a half to go on his contract. I thought it was similarly strange when we did it to McGugan too.

Hey all...

Just a friendly message from the mods.

We've had to hide several comments and deal with some issues in this thread where personal abuse has been thrown about.

Whilst it is never on to see any personal comments directed at people, it is particularly disappointing that it has happened in a thread pertaining to online abuse and mental health.

Of course, debating posts and making points/counter-points is absolutely fine, but when it turns into name-calling or anything personal being directed at members then the line has to be drawn. Rule of thumb is to debate the post and not the poster. If you feel you have to comment on a person themselves rather than their point, then you've lost the argument already.

And a reminder that there is a report function - if you see a post that you feel breaks any site rules then report the post and the mods will deal with it. That is all you have to do - please don't then respond to it or post in the thread about it or call anyone names... just report it. It'll get dealt with appropriately by the mods.

And just... be kind to one another. Please.

Thank you.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, NeonLeon said:

This more than likely the case, and a huge indicator that a bust up hasn’t happened.

If Monk didn’t like Westwood he’d be messing him about dragging him to games he’s not playing in. 

Huge amount of respect shown by Monk there, on a human level too.

Or Monk dint want westwood throwing paper airplanes from back of bus.

1 minute ago, cowl said:

But he can't just decide he's not going to play for us anymore all by himself.

There's no doubting the finality of Westwood's statement though.

And it would indeed be a strange decision to freeze out a high earner with a season and a half to go on his contract. I thought it was similarly strange when we did it to McGugan too.

It will teach him a lesson though. Like the lessons we gave to McGugan and Hirst

20 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

wow the semantics on this site with the same posters everytime......

he says monk made a decision and he accepted it.  ( I think it’s safe to say considering he hasn’t played that his decision was to not play him. 

so my point is and was...... that he’s made it clear monk didn’t want to play him. I didn’t say it was a clear reason as to why monk came to that decision did i? Or have I typed something g whilst half asleep???? I also said he continues to explain there was no fall outs or afters. Which goes against the very strong tide of rumour mongers on the site. 
then guess what the rumour mongers come in force defending their versions of hearsay. Who would have guessed 

We already knew Monk didn’t want to play him!!!!

But thanks for clearing that up!!!!

The fact that there were no fall outs afterwards literally tells us nothing!!!!

It could be that Westwood is a model pro that turns up every day and gives 100% but Monk simply doesn’t rate him.

or at the other extreme, it could be that Monk told him his attitude sucks and he’ll never play him and Westwood simply accepted it,

It does absolutely nothing to make your mind up either way.

And I’ve not seen anybody defending their versions? Just people saying it does absolutely nothing to support one view or the other.

Watch out for that falling Apple!  Especially if it’s an I-Pad with a hard case on it!

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Are you actually accusing me of being a United fan? :duntmatter:

Clearly, sarcasm goes over your head like most things. 

Seems I've hit a nerve, it could explain how you seemingly enjoy "speculating" against the clubs interests. The only way you defend yourself is is by making personal attacks.  Deflection tactics.

2 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Hey all...

Just a friendly message from the mods.

We've had to hide several comments and deal with some issues in this thread where personal abuse has been thrown about.

Whilst it is never on to see any personal comments directed at people, it is particularly disappointing that it has happened in a thread pertaining to online abuse and mental health.

Of course, debating posts and making points/counter-points is absolutely fine, but when it turns into name-calling or anything personal being directed at members then the line has to be drawn. Rule of thumb is to debate the post and not the poster. If you feel you have to comment on a person themselves rather than their point, then you've lost the argument already.

And a reminder that there is a report function - if you see a post that you feel breaks any site rules then report the post and the mods will deal with it. That is all you have to do - please don't then respond to it or post in the thread about it or call anyone names... just report it. It'll get dealt with appropriately by the mods.

And just... be kind to one another. Please.

Thank you.

Fu*k off lol

• Haha 2

I am not a fan of Monk but I sympathise with him on this, the statement is absolute BS self aggrandising rounduns, making out he is innocent and sidelined for footballing reasons alone.  It just doesn't make sense no manager would let him train with the kids because he isn't first choice.  Westwood should be putting the team first and doing whatever he can to win his place back.  I'm convinced he's toxic after reading that nonsense.