Westwood statement

Goes to show how much poo drama the fan base can cause of a situation they actually don't know anything about.

Fair play to Westwood on trying to cull the gossip, although even based on that and being a contracted player people are already reading into it that he's gone.

He's simply not the no. 1 in Monk's plans, and given Dawson's shaky matches in the recent weeks, it's ludicrous that a manager will so categorically exclude a player from their plans. Westwood should've been given a run given the costly errors Dawson have been making.

I don't know how many other players Monk has said the same to, but based on our recent performances, maybe he should revise his flipping assessment and get a flipping handle on managing our squad. While they're under contract, they should be considered viable options when the others are so clearly failing to perform to anywhere near satisfactory standards.

Dawson, Lees, Pelupessy, Nuhiu, etc. should be benched simply to take a break from churning out more of the same drivel and maybe changing things around with the players we actually have at hand might turn things for the better.

Hell, I don't know, I'm no manager, but not using all the tools in your toolbox seems like an epic way of failing with this recent string of managers we've had to endure.

1 minute ago, cowl said:

But we don't even know whether making himself available for the bench is an option to Westwood.

If he's been told he'll no longer be considered for selection, then him saying in his statement that he's available for selection would also put pressure on Monk.

Sorry - you'll have to explain that one.

Are you implying he has made himself available for selection, even if it meant sitting on the bench? If so, Monk needs to answer why our no 1 keeper is not ahead of the U23 3rd choice keeper.

Interesting statement really. It’s all about what he isn’t saying.

Available for selection

Fighting for his place

Wants to get back into team

Backs Monk and wants to show him

Ready to fight for the club

Will wait on bench for his turn

This sounds like an agreed statement that makes him sound reasonable for his next club.

I wish him well, it’s over now, he’s gone...he’s been great For us and I hope he finds a new place to work.

• Like 1

Just now, WhiteOwl91 said:

So despite my previous comments

None of this adds up to explain why Monk references need to change culture and environment in the dressing room.

Unless that refers to different players. 

FFS!

Perhaps literally meant the dressing room? 

You know, like the decorating ot something? 

Just now, Animis said:

Sorry - you'll have to explain that one.

Are you implying he has made himself available for selection, even if it meant sitting on the bench? If so, Monk needs to answer why our no 1 keeper is not ahead of the U23 3rd choice keeper.

I mean if he's been told by Monk he's no longer going to be considered, if he comes out with a statement in which he talks about doing everything to get back in the team, it would also put pressure on Monk to pick him should Dawson's dip in form continue.

10 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

So a statement from Westwood aimed at stopping online rumours, has created 12 pages of rumours. lol

Meanwhile, DC is riding around on a toy train with a pair of underpants on his head and two pencils up his nose shouting "wibble ".

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

wow the semantics on this site with the same posters everytime......

he says monk made a decision and he accepted it.  ( I think it’s safe to say considering he hasn’t played that his decision was to not play him. 

so my point is and was...... that he’s made it clear monk didn’t want to play him. I didn’t say it was a clear reason as to why monk came to that decision did i? Or have I typed something g whilst half asleep???? I also said he continues to explain there was no fall outs or afters. Which goes against the very strong tide of rumour mongers on the site. 
then guess what the rumour mongers come in force defending their versions of hearsay. Who would have guessed 

So that’s it, your point is that the manager has decided not to play one of his players?

That’s what you consider a ‘clear explanation of why he’s not playing’?

Jesus

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Pretty sure I do support us. 

Considering how many posts I have, it would be a bit odd (plus quite an effort) if I didn't. 

I'm not making things up. It was purely speculating on what Westwood had said. 

Sounded somewhat like a departure statement. 

For an Inspector, I thought you'd be able to tell the difference. 

So you're only pretty sure that you support the club?  Sounds very wishy-washy. 

Speculating is how a united fan would justify making rumours up. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cowl said:

I mean if he's been told by Monk he's no longer going to be considered, if he comes out with a statement in which he talks about doing everything to get back in the team, it would also put pressure on Monk to pick him should Dawson's dip in form continue.

Understood - we'll it could Westwood's last throw of the dice, although he hasn't said he's doing everything to get back into the team though. In fact the statement is looking back on his time at the club, nothing about the future and fighting for a place. Maybe his next statement will focus on the future.

Utterly bizarre.

Really don't know what to make of the whole situation or the timing of Westwood's statement. 

Whatever has gone off with both him and Hutchinson being excluded entirely, must have been so serious that the club should have been considering releasing them now. Otherwise, why hasn't Monk come out and stated that he needs to see an improvement in their attitude in order to be considered? 

Two senior pro's at the club that would add something to the 1st team have been told they don't have a future with us, but yet we have no capable replacements for either as it stands. 

Whatever's transpired, this should have been coming at the end of the season, not smack bang in the middle of it. 

8 minutes ago, cowl said:

So, you're saying you think Westwood is refusing to be picked?

No, but his statement reads entirely in the past tense, as far as he's concerned he's done.

Now its possible that could be the manager's choice, but as I've said I would find it an extremely strange decision to freeze out a high earner with a season and a half to go on his contract.

None of us know for sure what's happened and this statement doesn't clear anything up IMO.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

but what you and many others have done for a long time is blame him and hutch for upsetting the harmony and falling out with monk. 

It might be that he can’t or doesn’t want to train 5 days a week because of his injury problems. And that might be the reason. Who knows but he’s saying there no matter what the reason is there isn’t a fall out and he’s accepted monks decision. 

now the only reason to pull it apart is if you or others think he’s bullshitting 

if he is bullshitting then my god he’s opened up a can of worms because as I keep saying our owner isn’t one to not fight 

I literally have no idea what you are going on about.

i have never blamed Westwood or Hutch because I do not have the information with which to do so.  What I have done is ask questions Or make statements when people have said Monk should simply play them I.e. how do you know he should? You don’t know what has happened. This is the second manager to do it now, is that coincidence?

And as for your last bit, how can he get done for “bullsh1tting” or libel (as I think you mean) when he hasn’t said anything that could in anyway cross a barrier to be libellous.  It couldn’t be more woolly if he was a sheep stood on Mount Snowden in December with a Welshman wearing a woolly jumper mounted upon her.

I really do not understand what you think you now know that you didn’t know this morning????

Did you think that it wasn’t Monk’s decision? Did you think that Monk and Westwood wouldn’t have had a conversation about it?

And how on Earth do you know from that statement that him and Hutch haven’t upset the harmony in the dressing room?

I just simply cannot fathom out what you are reading, what you think you’ve read or what your logic is in anyway whatsoever.

I think just about every word you’ve typed is unfounded jibberish.

Apart from that, I agree with you.