The whole club is bonkers and in free fall. Has been for a while, and it will land in League 1 or 2 soon enough. We are the next Coventry or Portsmouth. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Just 7 months ago Westwood was given a new 2 year contract. His 4th contract for Wednesday overall

He must be a proper bad apple for us to keep rewarding him with all these new contracts. 

/sarcasm

Or the owner hasn’t got a clue what’s best for the club or who should/shouldn’t m be given a new contract.

A good dignified statement. Something rather nasty about the way Monk has sought to blame others for his incompetence. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Or the owner hasn’t got a clue what’s best for the club or who should/shouldn’t m be given a new contract.

Ooooh. Controversial

Are you saying the Chairman decides who should be in our squad and not the manager?

14 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Suggest you read again:

'the manager and I have not fallen out'

'there were no arguments or bad attitudes'

'I fully support the team and the club'

etc.

All contrary to what we've been reading on here.

So you are saying it couldn’t have gone like this:-

Monk:- “My opinion is that you don’t give 100% in training. You are not focussed when asked to play on the bench. The slightest niggle and you declare yourself fit not to play. You don’t support Dawson in the way that I think a senior pro should. For those reasons I want you out of the club and I’m not going to play you again”

Westwood :- “ok fair enough. I’m not going to argue with you. It’s your decision”

or it could have been:-

Monk:- “I don’t like your tattoos. You’re not playing again”

Westwood: “ok fair enough”

or it could’ve been:-

Monk:- “ I don’t think you are a very good keeper”

Monk:- “ I really didn’t like thE way you undermined me after the last match. You can’t play again whilst I’m in charge.

westwood:- “ok, it’s your decision. Good luck.”

How from that statement can you possibly jump to conclusions? Westwood has made a statement that he’s clearly taken advice on from a PR agent. Then gullible people read the nothing statement and fill in the gaps.

The question I do have is that if Monk simply rates Dawson higher than Westwood and it is 100% a footballing decision why would Westwood not say so if you are going to the trouble of making a statement?

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

He got the contract under Bruce - maybe Bruce was a better judge of character than Jos or Monk.

Just now, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

So you are saying it could have gone like this:-

Monk:- “My opinion is that you don’t give 100% in training. You are not focussed when asked to play on the bench. The slightest niggle and you declare yourself fit not to play. You don’t support Dawson in the way that I think a senior pro should. For those reasons I want you out of the club and I’m not going to play you again”

Westwood :- “ok fair enough. I’m not going to argue with you. It’s your decision”

or it could have been:-

Monk:- “I don’t like your tattoos. You’re not playing again”

Westwood: “ok fair enough”

Monk:- “ I don’t think you are a very good keeper”

Monk:- “ I really didn’t like thE way you undermined me after the last match. You can’t play again whilst I’m in charge.

westwood:- “ok, it’s your decision. Good luck.”

How from that statement can you possibly jump to conclusions? Westwood has made a statement that he’s clearly taken advice on from a PR agent. Then gullible people read the nothing statement and fill in the gaps.

The question I do have is that if Monk simply rates Dawson higher than Westwood and it is 100% a footballing decision why would Westwood not say so if you are going to the trouble of making a statement?

Can't believe you put so much time into saying nothing really ;-) 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Tyto Alba said:

Seems like a statement from a toxic individual to me given the circumstances.  Westwood should be saying he is ready to sit on the bench or train, whatever is necessary to help the team.

Spot On.

No where does it even come close to saying he is ready to train hard and win his place back or help Dawson in any way he can.

Just a long list of his PAST achievements. Yes he was a brilliant goalkeeper and we will have fond memories but it doesn't really answer ANY questions.

He'd rather bow out and not help out in ANY capacity at the club. Not training or helping the youngsters or academy. Just bide his time, take his substantial wages until his contract is up.

Gone down in my opinion with that statement.

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Can't believe you put so much time into saying nothing really ;-) 

Abit like Westwoods statement. 

• Haha 4

47 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Why hasn't he blamed DC every other fooooker has.

lol

Because there is a void between DC and the football side of the club .. the bit that matters most. 
There is a fine line for a chairman to get involved and not but he may as well be sat on Mars at the moment 

10 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

I understand why he’d publish such a thing, and I totally get that nasty abuse online and rumours are not nice for anyone. 

However It doesn’t really answer anything, and it raises more questions. It also puts Monk under even more pressure - because all I’m seeing now on social media is people throwing abuse at Monk. 

Bizarre. 

Agree, this ''statement'' means nothing really and like you say asks more questions

Not sure you'd be sacked off to the u'23's for no reason

What i really don't understand and never will is the adults that reply to things like this on twitter

Just read it!!!!!

This site is brilliant lol 

He’s finally told us in black and white what’s happened ( if that is t true open to all sorts of litegation) and yet the same posters still think he’s a trouble causer. 

our fans are staggering. No wonder no rascal wants to play for us. 

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

He got the contract under Bruce - maybe Bruce was a better judge of character than Jos or Monk.

Or more likely, a better man manager who commands respect from his players. 

1 minute ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Spot On.

No where does it even come close to saying he is ready to train hard and win his place back or help Dawson in any way he can.

Just a long list of his PAST achievements. Yes he was a brilliant goalkeeper and we will have fond memories but it doesn't really answer ANY questions.

He'd rather bow out and not help out in ANY capacity at the club. Not training or helping the youngsters or academy. Just bide his time, take his substantial wages until his contract is up.

Gone down in my opinion with that statement.

I'm not sure he's saying that, but nonetheless this wouldn't be sustainable. We surely can't have another McGugan situation again.

7 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I would have thought Westwood was given a new contract on the recommendation of Steve Bruce? 

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Or more likely, a better man manager who commands respect from his players. 

That could be true.

1 minute ago, Animis said:

I'm not sure he's saying that, but nonetheless this wouldn't be sustainable. We surely can't have another McGugan situation again.

we do seem to send a lot of senior pros to train with our youngsters as a punishment

I wonder how the youngsters feel about beiing a punishment

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If I win the Euro millions he could be caretaker manager on Saturday 

I was fine with the decision to drop Westwood back in November because it just seemed to me to be the way things should be: a player's form dips, someone else should get the chance to replace them.

Happens at all football clubs as a simple matter of course.

So is it really necessary to go from dropping a player for their form to deciding their time at the club is up? Why isn't he letting it pan out a little longer than a few games after putting Dawson in goal to see whether his form can be sustained?

Nothing whatsoever has been gained by jumping the gun here, and if this was all in the interest of moving Westwood on in January then I would have at least expected it to all be done in tandem with DC so that he knows just how important it is to make sure any transfer goes through.

23 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Suggest you read again:

'the manager and I have not fallen out'

'there were no arguments or bad attitudes'

'I fully support the team and the club'

etc.

All contrary to what we've been reading on here.

your wasting your time mate, even if monk comes out and says exactly the same the same people will ignore it. 

• Like 1