Westwood statement

As good as a keeper Westwood is, two out of the last three managers didn’t pick him, he never got picked for Ireland, and even in January when clubs were looking at goal keepers they never wanted Westwood, Monks rubbish and he needs to go but so do a lot of the players.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Do we think that any of these individuals have the best interests of Sheffield Wednesday at heart or are is this just a loaf of self preservation? 

There are a number of artificial preservatives used when baking bread, but the most commonly used ones are calcium propanoate and propionic acid.

Has to be said that a self preserving loaf sounds a lot healthier

Sounds to me, than rather stay and fight for his place, he's just going to write a goodbye letter and leave. Fair enough, that's up to him, thanks for the memories Keiran!

Unless people believe that Monk has told him that despite having 18months to run on his contract and being a big earner, he's never, ever going to play him, just for the sake of it?

Just now, tuzy100 said:

As good as a keeper Westwood is, two out of the last three managers didn’t pick him, he never got picked for Ireland, and even in January when clubs were looking at goal keepers they never wanted Westwood, Monks rubbish and he needs to go but so do a lot of the players.

Who out of the last 3 managers would you say was the best manager?

17 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

This site is brilliant lol 

He’s finally told us HIS VERSION in black and white what’s happened ( if that is t true open to all sorts of litegation) and yet the same posters still think he’s a trouble causer. 

our fans are staggering. No wonder no rascal wants to play for us. 

Fixed it lolTwo sides and all that

13 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

astounding. 

The only thing that is astounding is that people can read a nothing statement and come to a conclusion.

If presented with 100% of the facts, I might disagree with Monk. I might disagree with Westwood. I might think they are both acting like immature kids. I might think that the majority of the blame lies with one person.

But with the very limited information coming out, I can’t make a judgment.

The really scary thing is that the majority of people are so easily swayed and these people are allowed to sit on a Jury in a court of law. Really scary stuff.

Just now, Bing Cosby said:

Sounds to me, than rather stay and fight for his place, he's just going to write a goodbye letter and leave. Fair enough, that's up to him, thanks for the memories Keiran!

Unless people believe that Monk has told him that despite having 18months to run on his contract and being a big earner, he's never, ever going to play him, just for the sake of it?

Not just for the sake of it though if it was to try to arrange a transfer in January.

If Monk's told him he's not in his plans, then surely it could be argued that if Westwood said he's rolling his sleeves up to fight for his place anyway, then it would only increase the pressure on Monk to pick him should Dawson's dip in form continue.

Just now, 2roland2 said:

So if he’s telling porkies he’s opening himself up to a world of pain isn’t he. 

he’s the only one with the balls to stand up and say what’s happened and he kept it civil with no blame. 
but I’m sure it’s much better to believe he’s spitroasted someone’s Mrs or he’s kicked monk in the shins or done a dean windass and had a turd in someone’s snap box. 

He hasn’t said what has happened!!!!!

what are you actually reading?

Jesus wept!

if the year is 1823, you are one of those people stood with a pitch fork whilst a woman is burned for being a witch,

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

easily swayed lol 

you and several others have been chasing the rumours for months about him and Hutchinson. 
he releases a statement with no malice or blame to the manager or club and you still continue to speculate the worst. 

sorry but it’s staggering 

I think what the poster is saying is that neither Monk or Westwood have clarified why this situation has occurred.

8 minutes ago, tuzy100 said:

Under the 1st and 3rd of those 3, we were sliding down the table with a defence that seemed rudderless and fragile. Under the 2nd, we arrested the slide and became tighter at the back. 

It's almost as if removing good players with strong personalities from the first team leads to the team struggling...