Westwood statement

14 minutes ago, vulva said:

The whole club is bonkers and in free fall. Has been for a while, and it will land in League 1 or 2 soon enough. We are the next Coventry or Portsmouth. 

We are falling apart at the seams. 

Even if we stop up this season, I can see us going down next year. 

Utter basketcase of a club. 

2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

So you are saying it couldn’t have gone like this:-

Monk:- “My opinion is that you don’t give 100% in training. You are not focussed when asked to play on the bench. The slightest niggle and you declare yourself fit not to play. You don’t support Dawson in the way that I think a senior pro should. For those reasons I want you out of the club and I’m not going to play you again”

Westwood :- “ok fair enough. I’m not going to argue with you. It’s your decision”

or it could have been:-

Monk:- “I don’t like your tattoos. You’re not playing again”

Westwood: “ok fair enough”

or it could’ve been:-

Monk:- “ I don’t think you are a very good keeper”

or it could’ve been:-

Monk:- “ I really didn’t like thE way you undermined me after the last match. You can’t play again whilst I’m in charge.

westwood:- “ok, it’s your decision. Good luck.”

How from that statement can you possibly jump to conclusions? Westwood has made a statement that he’s clearly taken advice on from a PR agent. Then gullible people read the nothing statement and fill in the gaps.

The question I do have is that if Monk simply rates Dawson higher than Westwood and it is 100% a footballing decision why would Westwood not say so if you are going to the trouble of making a statement?

All speculation.

BUT agree there's only one view here and unless Monk says differently and don't think he will, why should he, then we can only go on what KW has written.

Guess everyone will still have differing views on it, so we'll have to agree to disagree.

One thing I do know, all these going on's, for whatever reasons are no good for our club or the fans come to it.

51 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Plenty of other windows still open outside of Europe. Maybe Out in America for a season? He’ll like it there, they don’t play over winter as it’s a summer league I think. 

Why would he like it there , so he doesn’t play in the winter is that what you are trying to say ? Bizarre 

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

I'm having flash backs to the man-management days of Danny Wilson.

Monk appears to making Danny Wilson look like Pep Gardi Gurdi Gaurdio Jurgen Klopp 

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, George said:

If I win the Euro millions he could be caretaker manager on Saturday 

Joking aside.....

Rather than conclude that he’s a bad apple (as many fans have)

If it’s true Westwood & Hutch have challenged both Jos & Monks decision making then is it fair to assume that Westwood or Hutch does fancy themselves as a coach?

Could they be a better bet at Caretaker than Bully should Monk go?

Just now, theowlsman said:

Anyhow. 

A quick sweepstake.

Which game will Westwood return in before the end of the season?

lol

First one after Monks gone

1 minute ago, Animis said:

It must be puzzling. Turner once said Sibon was a bad influence on the squad - he essentially did what he liked. He said he used to go off and 'train' with the u18s and have competitions of who could kick the ball in the air the highest.

That's really hard to adjudicate over from ground level.

• Haha 1

I think it’s important to get the chronology of this right if much if it is to be believed. Westwood went off the boil and was replaced by a young goalkeeper who is the future.  He was told he wasn’t in Garry Monk’s long term plans, which in those circumstances and with the January window coming up seems a sensible conversation.  It appears he possibly had a deal agreed with Huddersfield which DC didn’t agree. So we are where Monk has rightly to show confidence in Dawson and Westwood can get in with finding himself another club.

Time for everyone to accept the situation, which it appears Westwood has, and move on. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tommycraign10others said:

I think it’s important to get the chronology of this right if much if it is to be believed. Westwood went off the boil and was replaced by a young goalkeeper who is the future.  He was told he wasn’t in Garry Monk’s long term plans, which in those circumstances and with the January window coming up seems a sensible conversation.  It appears he possibly had a deal agreed with Huddersfield which DC didn’t agree. So we are where Monk has rightly to show confidence in Dawson and Westwood can get in with finding himself another club.

Time for everyone to accept the situation, which it appears Westwood has, and move on. 

GM: OK KW - I want you to know that you're not in my long term plans for the team

KW: OK boss, remind me, how long is your contract again?

GM: Errrr. Yeah. Point taken.

Think there's a fair bit of political maneuvering going off here. 

Monk comes out and says what he has, it is then confirmed in the Star and now we have this. 

Do we think that any of these individuals have the best interests of Sheffield Wednesday at heart or are is this just a case of self preservation? 

I'm leaning towards the latter. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Monk appears to making Danny Wilson look like Pep Gardi Gurdi Gaurdio Jurgen Klopp 

I'm beginning to think this job, at this point in time, is a job too far for him.

We've got real structural issues at the club, which have manifested itself in a run of 5 points from 30, which no one really saw coming. He is seemingly lost and can't stop it. Maybe the focus of 'senior' pros is a deflection tactic for a manager who I'm increasingly becoming sceptical of.