Westwood statement

41 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

When’s Chansiri back from holiday? 

I’ll go for the tenth game after Mr C’s return. When staying up has become a lost cause.

The club is a shambles, worst form in the league, players ostracised, heading for relegation and what is DC doing? Riding around on ridiculous toy trains.

Yep, that's right. And many on here say, "oh but his heart is in the right place".

That's great but I'd prefer his brain to be to also be in the right place and switched on. FFS 

I'm glad we've brought some clarity to the situation though. 

Westwood isn't playing any more because him and Monk are actually best mates, proper football "fwiends" and get on a house on fire. They shook hands, had a big manly hug, as Monk told Westwood he was banishing him to the Under 23 team. 

Monk tells us he knows what goes into a positive, successful dressing room as he oversees our seventh league defeat in ten. 

We lost the play off final becuase Carlos was boning Pudil's missus in the dressing room at Wembley, whilst at the same time giving his pre-match talk. 

• Haha 2

If Monk rates Dawson a better keeper than Westwood then we are done for because the more mistakes Dawson makes and he’ll continue to make them because his general game has too many flaws? 

Dawson will then become a divisive figure amongst the fan base which in all fairness he already has and there will come a time when he’ll be too nervous to go in the pitch and in our current predicament, that’s obviously a problem.

Monk should act and reinstate Westwood before it’s too late.

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Going off that, it seems like he was to move on in January? 

He never mentions January or indeed moving.  He cautions against listening to rumours then an experienced and somewhat respected poster as yourself goes and sows the seed of yet another rumour. 

Why not just give your opinion on the facts instead making stuff up?  

What's your motivation of spreading misinformation you know full well could go someway of causing further harm to the club? A club who you claim to support. 

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

you want me to keep posting the same things. Monk made a decision to not play him he says he’s accepted it no falling out. 
so I will,ask you the same as others. Are you saying he’s telling lies? 

i negged you because your just asking the same thing over and over when we have highlighted what we said. 

Yeah, so you’ve highlighted that Monk made a decision and Westwood accepted it.

You stated that Westwood has given a clear explanation of why he’s not playing.

So again, please point out where that clear explanation is stated?

Is everyone actually missing the point in KWs statement?  Not sure he is posting it for the definitive inside story of what has gone on just to satisfy the thirst of Owlstalkers demanding "the truth".  I believe he has posted it to get some perspective in respect of the online abuse he is receiving from trolls and fans alike who think it is OK to do so.  He refers to recent tragic events, assume in relation to Caroline Flack, and is asking to be spared from such abuse which is not only unfair and unkind, but mentally damaging.  That is how i read it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

you want me to keep posting the same things. Monk made a decision to not play him he says he’s accepted it no falling out. 
so I will,ask you the same as others. Are you saying he’s telling lies? 

i negged you because your just asking the same thing over and over when we have highlighted what we said. 

No you really are not getting this.

We know that Monk has made the decision not to play him. We knew that way before this statement.

We are asking why Monk made this decision? You are saying that this statement makes it clear why Westwood isn’t playing.

We are all confused and wondering which bit you’ve seen that wasn’t on our version of the statement.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Likewise, there is no one on this planet who rates Joey P above Hutchinson. 

And yet both of them are now training with the Under 23s. 

There is more at play here than different views on football. 

11 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Funnily enough, I want them all out. 

This kind of crap can't be allowed to continue. 

It is embarrassing. 

I agree with this. Our dirty laundry is being now washed (albeit half hidden) is the very public view.

It's poor professionalism on all sides. We are in free-fall on the pitch whilst all this plays out.

No one can be satisfied with Westwood's statement as it pretty much says I'm not playing; not making myself avaible for the bench, but we're cool.

The fans aren't cool not even tepid. It's a shambles.

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

He never mentions January or indeed moving.  He cautions against listening to rumours then an experienced and somewhat respected poster as yourself goes and sows the seed of yet another rumour. 

What's your motivation of spreading misinformation you know full well could go someway of causing further harm to the club? A club who you claim to support. 

Pretty sure I do support us. 

Considering how many posts I have, it would be a bit odd (plus quite an effort) if I didn't. 

I'm not making things up. It was purely speculating on what Westwood had said. 

Sounded somewhat like a departure statement. 

For an Inspector, I thought you'd be able to tell the difference. 

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

ok - one question, why isn't our no1 fit keeper not on the bench fighting/waiting for his place back. Why is the U23 3rd choice keeper in front of him?

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Mate, at no point in the statement did Westwood say that Monk made a decision to not play him. 

He says they had a conversation, and we're all none the wiser as to what that was.

It's why this thread will run and run, that statement from Westwood has left more questions than answers. 

Just now, 2roland2 said:

but what you and many others have done for a long time is blame him and hutch for upsetting the harmony and falling out with monk. 

It might be that he can’t or doesn’t want to train 5 days a week because of his injury problems. And that might be the reason. Who knows but he’s saying there no matter what the reason is there isn’t a fall out and he’s accepted monks decision. 

now the only reason to pull it apart is if you or others think he’s bullshitting 

if he is bullshitting then my god he’s opened up a can of worms because as I keep saying our owner isn’t one to not fight 

What do you mean ‘who knows’. You’ve literally been posting that it’s been clearly explained and got mardy when people ask you to clarify. Now you’re saying you don’t know.

Never playing for us again whilst Monk is still in charge.

That statement reads that he's accepted that he's not going to play for us again, but also comes across that not only he has accepted it, but possibly not bothered by the managers decision not to play him ever again.

Still think he's a better option than Dawson.

But we don't even know whether making himself available for the bench is an option to Westwood.

If he's been told he'll no longer be considered for selection, then him saying in his statement that he's available for selection would also put pressure on Monk.