Westwood statement

2 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

We’ll have to see what happens next. 

If it’s nothing then that’s a bit worrying that the club’s money is going down the drain. 

I struggle to believe that it is nothing through. 

You don't just exclude a player of Westwood's quality and experience for no good reason. 

Even if you didn't see him as the long term future of the club, you wouldn't just send (banish) him to train with the Under 23s. Unless we are looking to terminate his current deal, then he is hear until the summer of 2021. 

I just don't buy any of it really and it doesn't really chime with some of the stuff I have been told/which has been reported. 

People can get upset about me thinking/speculating that, but so be it. 

3 minutes ago, Frazzlebeak said:

Anybody fancy a pint?

Yes, many probably do but they would only complain about the price, and the glass it was served in, and the quality of the product, and complain that the bar staff were not fully committed and didn't come over to the tap room to thank them for their custom.

lol

• Haha 3

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

16 minutes ago, modboy said:

I don't know what to think about anything concerning swfc at the moment

It is a shambles. 

Bar something drastic happening, I can only see us going one way. 

Either next season or the season after that, I honestly think we will be in League One. 

5 hours ago, mrrodge said:

I will never understand players being told they aren't part of a managers plans especially when under contract.

But surely with only a few months left on said contract it's better to be honest and let him look to the future.

Just now, Mus said:

But surely with only a few months left on said contract it's better to be honest and let him look to the future.

He has another year to run. 

He signed a two year deal in the summer. 

5 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

For me More justification that monk needs to go - sounds like a clash of personalities , monk can’t handle them

Did you not read the statement?

KW said there no clashes, upsets or falling out.

My take is a number were told they were not in Monks plans just prior to the January window which is normal practice in football clubs. At any other club, usually means offers coming in for said players.

Window arrived, either offers are not accepted (scratches head) or no one comes in for said players.

And here we are. 

Unsubstantiated rumours of fall outs etc etc etc.

All those saying Monk handled it badly may not fully appreciate the inner workings and wheeling and dealing going on in private.

Just now, SiJ said:

He has another year to run. 

He signed a two year deal in the summer. 

Oh sorry, people were saying it was up this summer, I stand corrected.

In which case I would prefer him as no.1 deffo.

I can honestly see us in the next couple of seasons being promoted to the Premier, a well know poster on here whose club was in the League 1 a few seasons ago, are now in the Premier after they got lucky and things fell into place for them. 

I just don't buy any of it really and it doesn't really chime with some of the stuff I have been told, were on our way back.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

How does it?

it doesn’t say anything whatsoever!

Are you any clearer whatsoever after reading that what the problem is?

is it because Monk thinks he’s a bad character in n the dressing room? Doesn’t rate him? Etc etc

it does nothing to clear any of it up at all yet people still jump to conclusions and read something that isn’t there.

That’s exactly what you are doing isn’t it . It’s clear to me why Westwood has felt it necessary to release this statement but let’s just make more stuff up about the fella , he has been brilliant for us over the years and deserves better from our fan base . 

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

I can honestly see us in the next couple of seasons being promoted to the Premier, a well know poster on here whose club was in the League 1 a few seasons ago, are now in the Premier after they got lucky and things fell into place for them. 

I just don't buy any of it really and it doesn't really chime with some of the stuff I have been told, were on our way back.

Go on...

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I couldn't possibly say.  

Very good. 

Anyway, if you really think that anyone who speculates on here or has worries about the future of the club is a fan of a certain other club in S2, then, well, that means an awful lot of posters have been doing a very good job of hiding that fact for a number of years.