Westwood statement

Guest Bulgaria

So why hasn't Monk come out and made a statement saying they shook hands, no falling out etc etc?

Westwood's statement is clever. It just makes Monk look even worse.

I know who I believe.

5 minutes ago, Animis said:

National governments can't agree how to control these media outlets, so the likes of football clubs haven't got a pray. If people get offended by idiots then don't participate - until proper regulation happens, it's as simply as that.

KW hasn't drawn a line under this; he's moved it on to another level. I don't think the club would have sanctioned that statement, as it paints Monk and the club in a bad light. To suggest Westwood and Monk came to an amicable agreement that Westwood, our no 1 keeper in the Summer, is essentially finished at the club due to a bit of bad form, and we all accept it is frankly crazy.

Think Westwood goes out of his way not to put the club in a bad light.  Even to the point of praising DC and his family.  He just wants it to be known that he has no axe to grind with anyone and asking fans not to listen to unfounded claims.  

• Like 1

Just now, Bulgaria said:

So why hasn't Monk come out and made a statement saying they shook hands, no falling out etc etc?

I know who I believe.

And that's the problem, it get's us to ask more questions, that we do have a right to know the answers. The statement is intentionally ambiguous IMO.

1 minute ago, Bulgaria said:

I know who I believe.

Nah..Westy did a similar sorta statement about Jos didn't he?...Lets all stick together for the club etc....

Didn't he?

2 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

I know who I believe.

Good grief do we need constant updating on every little detail of what goes on at the club?  Are we that needy?  Should we have an embedded poster at the club constantly updating on all the rumours?

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Think Westwood goes out of his way not to put the club in a bad light.  Even to the point of praising DC and his family.  He just wants it to be known that he has no axe to grind with anyone and asking fans not to listen to unfounded claims.  

I don't agree - the statement is important in what it doesn't say. You can't simply shrug your shoulders and say, that's all right then. I don't care whether Westwood has an axe to grind or not. I want to know why he's not on the bench ahead of our 3rd choice U23 keeper. No one's answered this yet.

Guest Bulgaria

Good grief do we need constant updating on every little detail of what goes on at the club?  Are we that needy?  Should we have an embedded poster at the club constantly updating on all the rumours?

No.

Didn't say that. 

Wind thee neck in.

Just now, Animis said:

I don't agree - the statement is important in what it doesn't say. You can't simply shrug your shoulders and say, that's all right then. I don't care whether Westwood has an axe to grind or not. I want to know why he's not on the bench ahead of our 3rd choice U23 keeper. No one's answered this yet.

You can only comment on the issues he's raised and why can't we  shrug our shoulders and say that's ok then? Hes squashed the rumours which are doing the rounds that was the reason for the statement. 

He's simply not on the bench as Monks doesn't believe that he justify his place.  In time Monk may change his mind and recall him.   

You can only comment on the issues he's raised and why can't we  shrug our shoulders and say that's ok then? Hes squashed the rumours which are doing the rounds that was the reason for the statement. 

He's simply not on the bench as Monks doesn't believe that he justify his place.  In time Monk may change his mind and recall him.   

You believe that - you honestly believe that Monk prefers and puts Wildsmith on the bench in front of Westwood on simply footballing reasons?

19 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I love you! Think you’re the best poster on here. If I were to meet you I’d buy you a drink and give you a peck on the cheek.

48 minutes ago, fatbloke said:

I seem to remember being called a lot of names for offering a insight into a conversation with Westwood from someone who is a family member, Sometimes a few people are far to quick to judge! If you have any information on a situation, would you put it out on here ? I wonder, have you ever thought as I do after reading his (Westwood’s ) post he wanted the fans to know he wasn’t in the plans anymore.

A family member? You said you saw Westwood in a hotel in person.

7 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

If I recall correctly, one rumour posted a couple of weeks back was that the deal for him to go to Huddersfield was essentially sorted, but then DC decided he wanted more money and pulled the plug.

Going off of everything we know, I can easily believe it 

So you're basically quoting a rumour that you have no idea if is true or not and half the fanbase is then agreeing with you.

Have you not read or do you not understand what Westwood is saying?

2 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

He’s the manager. The problems at SWFC run way deeper than Monk.

We desperately need some stability, changing the manager again absolutely wont help.

I agree stability is needed but there is no point in looking to instill stability if it isn't the right man. Results, performances, tactics and selections have me doubting whether he is that man. 

For me, the statement is trying to diffuse a timebomb, fans squabbling with eachother, as a few did on the kop saturday, fans singing "  You're not fit to wear the shirt ", in essence he is asking the fans to get behind the team, whichever 11 are picked, to support them and the manager.