Westwood statement

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

You. Boring. Barstewards

STOP DERAILING THE THREAD WITH THIS NONSENSE

Seriously, if just one of you stops the other one will.

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Just sums up DC that. Westwood been told he’s not part of our plans, a club come in for him, surely any money would be better than no money, yet DC refuses. And some people wonder why we are in such a mess. 

And another rumour starts....

him tweeting this has just started more! 

Who starts these rumours and more importantly why do we feed them?

Anybody starting a rumour, call them out. Ask for evidence. If they can’t, tell them to do one with their rumour. 

Saying that, these are forums for discussion, but lies are lies and it shouldn’t happen. 

Edited by Nigel Farage

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

Has Christmas off every year in a country where it’s busiest time of year, or play in a league where there’s no games over Christmas. 

Played over the Christmas period last season, 2016/17 and 2014/15 but I suppose if you write EVERY year it almost becomes believable......

1 minute ago, Nigel Farage said:

Who starts these rumours and more importantly why do we feed them. 

Anybody starting a rumour, call them out. Ask for evidence. If they can’t, tell to do one with their rumour. 

Saying that, these are forums for discussion, but lies are lies and it shouldn’t happen. 

Thats the most ironic post for someone called Nigel Farage ever

46 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

pure semantics. 

what you are doing is trying to make it sound vague. Anyone with any common sense can see that means monks decision was to not play him and play dawson, it coincides with the fact westwood isNot playing. 

Answer a question for once rather than sending it around in circles. 
considering he has said he accepts monks decision ( if you think he’s vague and you think it’s something else explain your interpretation) and they haven’t had a falling out over that ( which is clearly to not have him in the squad because he isn’t ( but again if you do t think that explains. Why) 

what do you think westwood is trying to say or do?

Absolutely nobody on Planet Earth is disputing that it was Monk’s decision not to play Westwood and play Dawson.

That was the case before this statement and remains the case afterwards.

I have an opinion on where the truth is likely to be but I would never portray it as fact. Because we don’t know enough about it.

My opinion is that Westwood has been getting hammer all over social media.

He has therefore instructed a professional HR person to draft a statement. Being a professional, that person is skilful at what they do and without really saying anything of any substance has used sound bites that 90% of people read in a positive manner. “179 matches” “twice player of the year” “given everything for each other out on that pitch!” “Never forget and will cherish forever” “important that fans stick together and support the team”.

Anybody that regularly issues press or marketing releases knows that these NEVER sound negative because they are professionally written to have the opposite effect.  These same people will realise that the nuance is in what the statement doesn’t say and in the way things have been phrased.

There is absolutely nothing in that statement that couldn’t have been written if Monk had told him he wasn’t playing for being a bad influence in the changing rooms or for not playing with a slight niggle etc.

My opinion, is that based on Westwood’s situation, if he wasn’t being picked for purely football reasons, why would he not say that? He doesn’t say that which leads me to believe that he isn’t being picked for another reason.

He also doesn’t say things like I continue to give my all in training, I continue to support Dawson and Wildsmith, I continue to be available for selection etc. Which when the statement is clearly made for PR reasons and is clearly made to defend himself - seems strange....

That is my opinion (or best guess) but I clearly hold few of the facts.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

2 hours ago, tuzy100 said:

As good as a keeper Westwood is, two out of the last three managers didn’t pick him, he never got picked for Ireland, and even in January when clubs were looking at goal keepers they never wanted Westwood, Monks rubbish and he needs to go but so do a lot of the players.

That's all well and good until you realise that the 2 who didn't pick him are impostors like Jos and Monk and the 1 who did is a proper manager - Steve Bruce

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Unless you’re highlighting that Monk makes the decisions on who plays... like that’s some kind of news.

he does, he made a decision to play a forward at LWB last week and took him off at half-time because he wasn't doing the job all that well!

Monk's decisions are a cause for concern based on what we have witnessed since Boxing Day. 

2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Absolutely nobody on Planet Earth is disputing that it was Monk’s decision not to play Westwood and play Dawson.

That was the case before this statement and remains the case afterwards.

I have an opinion on where the truth is likely to be but I would never portray it as fact. Because we don’t know enough about it.

My opinion is that Westwood has been getting hammer all over social media.

He has therefore instructed a professional HR person to draft a statement. Being a professional, that person is skilful at what they do and without really saying anything of any substance has used sound bites that 90% of people read in a positive manner. “179 matches” “twice player of the year” “given everything for each other out on that pitch!” “Never forget and will cherish forever” “important that fans stick together and support the team”.

Anybody that regularly issues press or marketing releases knows that these NEVER sound negative because they are professionally written to have the opposite effect.  These same people will realise that the nuance is in what the statement doesn’t say and in the way things have been phrased.

There is absolutely nothing in that statement that couldn’t have been written if Monk had told him he wasn’t playing for being a bad influence in the changing rooms or for not playing with a slight niggle etc.

My opinion, is that based on Westwood’s situation, if he wasn’t being picked for purely football reasons, why would he not say that? He doesn’t say that which leads me to believe that he isn’t being picked for another reason.

He also doesn’t say things like I continue to give my all in training, I continue to support Dawson and Wildsmith, I continue to be available for selection etc. Which when the statement is clearly made for PR reasons and is clearly made to defend himself - seems strange....

That is my opinion (or best guess) but I clearly hold few of the facts.

Is that a fact?

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

that’s a big assumption yet again though. Made for pr reasons?  If I was being sceptical I would argue him doing this if he’s done something wrong opens himself up to a war chest of backlash from fellow players staff and the club and fans. 
so for me if he had done something out of order I think he would just keep quiet. 

Why does it?

He’s never said he hasn’t done anything wrong. Nor that he has.