Westwood statement

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

ffs just give it a rest and be civil I disagreed with the line you were taking. That’s it. I then came back on after doing something else and answered. 

there really is something wrong on here. Is it really that hard to not be civil ? 

I’m sorry but I really disagree with that question.

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

you know what I will leave it here and let the mods deal with it. Deejay asked politely earlier in the thread to stop abusive posts and stick to posts not posters. You are still carrying on. You just can’t help it, same with sij, I have asked politely several times but yet again you both continue to niggle away for no reason. 

I’ll respond to this later mate if that’s ok. Just going to be busy posting in this thread for a little while.

• Haha 1

And people dont like threads getting hijacked? 

Bar something else coming out today, we ain't going to learn anything more.

Might as well let this descend into a clusterfook like everything else to do with us at the moment. 

• Haha 1

I see it's half-term this week...!

When I was a kid, we'd spend half-term week out making dens or riding our bikes. Maybe a game of "togga" or two ("Baggsy David Hirst!"). Not arguing with randomers on Owlstalk.

Edited by RigBon
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

So...Chansiri walks and a "Wednesday fan group" take over..............

Oh me f.ookin' sides...

"Reyt lads, first topic - the new manager, any ideas"

"Big Jack, he were reyt gud, him"

"I liked the owd one"

"Eh?"

"Owl on t'shirt, reyt gud it were".

:Chansiri:

17 minutes ago, Animis said:

With respect I don't agree with that. Twitter is full of loons and people who shouldn't be given a platform to speak - but they do, and other people read it and get offended, which is counter intuitive for me.

Back to your comments, I can understand your overall desire for this to be put to bed, but KW's statement has opened a can of worms.

As these so called fans that pay his wages, we need to understand the issues here and find out why KW is 'gone' and 'now out of the first team picture'.

Just accepting it is nonsense, as the guy will be sat at home essentially pulling a wage for 18 months whilst we hit the FFP breach wall.

Thought he explained it in his message, it was for footballing reasons. Monk obviously sees Dawson as his number 1 and wants to free up the high wages of his now number 2 goalkeeper. 

6 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Makes sense seeing that Udders then signed their ex keeper Lassel from Everton on loan right at the death on deadline day . 

I seem to remember being called a lot of names for offering a insight into a conversation with Westwood from someone who is a family member, Sometimes a few people are far to quick to judge! If you have any information on a situation, would you put it out on here ? I wonder, have you ever thought as I do after reading his (Westwood’s ) post he wanted the fans to know he wasn’t in the plans anymore.

12 minutes ago, Animis said:

With respect I don't agree with that. Twitter is full of loons and people who shouldn't be given a platform to speak - but they do, and other people read it and get offended, which is counter intuitive for me.

Back to your comments, I can understand your overall desire for this to be put to bed, but KW's statement has opened a can of worms.

As these so called fans that pay his wages, we need to understand the issues here and find out why KW is 'gone' and 'now out of the first team picture'.

Just accepting it is nonsense, as the guy will be sat at home essentially pulling a wage for 18 months whilst we hit the FFP breach wall.

Genuine question , do you not think saying it’s people who shouldn’t be given a platform is just brushing it under the carpet ??   It’s an issue that needs dealing with,  we can say don’t pay attention to it all day long but it doesn’t get rid of the issue does it 

With KW I just genuinely think it’s an attempt from himself to draw a line under it and try and get fans to back the team, and I respect that , knowing all the ins and outs is all well and good but we all know that’s not how football works and it’s probably no benefit to anyone to wash dirty laundry in public 

6 minutes ago, Minton said:

Thought he explained it in his message, it was for footballing reasons. Monk obviously sees Dawson as his number 1 and wants to free up the high wages of his now number 2 goalkeeper. 

No - I'm sorry, it's not obvious to me, but you're explanation is entirely possible.

Problem is why did this go on for the month of January, and yet Westwood's still here; still sat at home, and still pulling £20k for nothing.

I don't think the statement says he won't ever play for us again, granted it does seem unlikely but I wouldn't be that surprised to see him between the sticks again at some point.

Always been a big fan of Westwood whilst he's been here but this season his form has dipped and I'm not surprised that Monk has made the decision he has.  Confident that Dawson will be a success and in years to come will be held in the same high esteem as Westwood.

I'm pleased that Westwood has called out the trolls and that we as fans when we hear rumours will make some attempt at fact checking before accepting as gospel.  At the end of the day we are harming our club if we give them any credence.  

Edited by Inspector Lestrade
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You don't go from number 1 to having a discussion with the manager and then having no part to play in his plans, especially with 1.5 years still left to run on a contract. At the very least the manager would be saying he is giving someone else a run but there would still be an expectation to sit on the bench as a no. 2. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Genuine question , do you not think saying it’s people who shouldn’t be given a platform is just brushing it under the carpet ??   It’s an issue that needs dealing with,  we can say don’t pay attention to it all day long but it doesn’t get rid of the issue does it 

With KW I just genuinely think it’s an attempt from himself to draw a line under it and try and get fans to back the team, and I respect that , knowing all the ins and outs is all well and good but we all know that’s not how football works and it’s probably no benefit to anyone to wash dirty laundry in public 

National governments can't agree how to control these media outlets, so the likes of football clubs haven't got a pray. If people get offended by idiots then don't participate - until proper regulation happens, it's as simply as that.

KW hasn't drawn a line under this; he's moved it on to another level. I don't think the club would have sanctioned that statement, as it paints Monk and the club in a bad light. To suggest Westwood and Monk came to an amicable agreement that Westwood, our no 1 keeper in the Summer, is essentially finished at the club due to a bit of bad form, and we all accept it is frankly crazy.