Westwood statement

50 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

wow the semantics on this site with the same posters everytime......

he says monk made a decision and he accepted it.  ( I think it’s safe to say considering he hasn’t played that his decision was to not play him. 

so my point is and was...... that he’s made it clear monk didn’t want to play him. I didn’t say it was a clear reason as to why monk came to that decision did i? Or have I typed something g whilst half asleep???? I also said he continues to explain there was no fall outs or afters. Which goes against the very strong tide of rumour mongers on the site. 
then guess what the rumour mongers come in force defending their versions of hearsay. Who would have guessed 

I assumed you typed everything whilst half asleep.

We have 4 keepers at the club:

KW/CD – Both have been first choice this season, both have made mistakes (costly ones) KW was dropped for his, both have backed the mistakes up with some really good work

JW – Been out with a long term injury, returned to U23’s where his form has been patchy, had a horror v Leeds U23’s

PJ – Experienced at lower league level, hardly considered as an option at SWFC (see Jake Kean)

The obvious decision here is to let KW/CD fight it out for first choice, when they drop in form or make errors get the other one in, creates rivalry and keeps them on their toes, the other two keepers would then be back up in case of injury etc.

What has happened is that KW/GM have agreed that KW will not feature (reasons unknown) this obviouly leaves CD with virtually no competition for his place as JW seems to be overlooked and PJ doesn't really feature at all.

The GK situation is now like the rest of the club - shambolic.

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Anyhow. 

A quick sweepstake.

Which game will Westwood return in before the end of the season?

lol

The one after Monk gets the chop when the owner pays a visit in between his holidays.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

You've just spent the last few pages strongly implying that. 

Anyway - the idea that me speculating a bit on a Westwood's is causing untold damage to the club is a bit of a stretch imo. 

After all, that is exactly what is happening in this thread and on his forum. 

Yet Westwood feels forced to make a statement calling out the rumour mongers and dare I say it the speculation naysayers.   

We have enough to chat about which are factual without the need to make things up.  If you can't see how much damage rumours and idle speculation can cause then our conversation is done and I bid you a good day.

2 hours ago, Ferkorf said:

Well that statement sounds like a goodbye.

What a player he is aswell.

Definitely not easy to replace someone of his calibre.

Good luck to him with that new club he invested in.

See thiiii x

Is? Think you used the wrong word there. You’re looking for the word “was”

2 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

The only thing that is astounding is that people can read a nothing statement and come to a conclusion.

If presented with 100% of the facts, I might disagree with Monk. I might disagree with Westwood. I might think they are both acting like immature kids. I might think that the majority of the blame lies with one person.

But with the very limited information coming out, I can’t make a judgment.

The really scary thing is that the majority of people are so easily swayed and these people are allowed to sit on a Jury in a court of law. Really scary stuff.

I think people are once again frustrated with what they are seeing.

5 points from 10 games, mostly against bottom-6 sides, a midfield that can't tackle and a goalkeeper that is making more mistakes than the previous one was when he got dropped.

The manager has chosen to play Forestieri in 3 different positions since his return from injury, 1 being at wing-back, this being perhaps the worst of a few baffling decisions. He has slated the players for not performing some weeks ago - alluding to needing a clear-out despite 6 or 7 of the players involved being relatively recent additions to the team - and he has not managed to turn around the performances since making that statement. 

Some fans point towards Hutchinson and Westwood being dropped by two managers, both of these managers have made many strange tactical decisions other than ousting these two while the manager we had in between them, a manager the majority wanted and thought was getting us on the right track, saw fit to offer Westwood a 2-year contract.

Guest Ferkorf
9 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

Is? Think you used the wrong word there. You’re looking for the word “was”

Still is...

Just not playing

11 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Yet Westwood feels forced to make a statement calling out the rumour mongers and dare I say it the speculation naysayers.   

We have enough to chat about which are factual without the need to make things up.  If you can't see how much damage rumours and idle speculation can cause then our conversation is done and I bid you a good day.

11 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Well, that's a relief. 

7 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Will give you time to get back to your favourite none Wednesday website.

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

And what's that?

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I can only speculate  

You. Boring. Barstewards

STOP DERAILING THE THREAD WITH THIS NONSENSE