Westwood statement

Now we need hutchinson to do the same. Its needed. And well done to westwood for that statement . Personally i dont care about chansiri jos clown monk all i care about is us retaining championship status . Dawson is an absolute joke in goal at present .what the hell is monk doing? Does he want the support to fall out with dawson which will be damaging to his confidence . Bring westwood and hutch back , football is short term stop up or its years in lower leagues . Dawson has time we dont . 

Edited by handworth52
S

7 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

If I recall correctly, one rumour posted a couple of weeks back was that the deal for him to go to Huddersfield was essentially sorted, but then DC decided he wanted more money and pulled the plug.

Going off of everything we know, I can easily believe it 

That sounds like the usual dc business method. Reject an offer for a player who won’t play on a high salary , instead getting no fee and paying his large wages every week. Vintage chansiri logic 

7 hours ago, theowlsman said:

He was happy to sit on the bench, waiting for his turn, as he did for the Forest and Bristol City games.

Then Monk decided he was done. Worked out well didn’t it, but Monk knows what a successful dressing room looks like apparently

How did that end for Jos. Just remind me.

Continues to have rapport with his team mates, who since Westwood got told he was for the chop, seem to have lost a bit of focus.

When you’re close as a squad, as we were, then the manager starts to swing the axe, it can sometimes have a detrimental effect. People wonder who is next.

Brilliantly handled by Monk. Well done fella. Bravo.

Next time, tell them when the season is over and we’re safe.

Or perhaps Westwood and Hutchinson were continually undermining his decisions in the dressing room.... Just a thought. 

49 minutes ago, JOCOWl said:

You don't go from number 1 to having a discussion with the manager and then having no part to play in his plans, especially with 1.5 years still left to run on a contract. At the very least the manager would be saying he is giving someone else a run but there would still be an expectation to sit on the bench as a no. 2. 

Exactly. Painting the picture that monk said by the way your no longer part of my plans so just do a bit of training to earn your £20k shake hands and all is well. Ridiculous.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I agree stability is needed but there is no point in looking to instill stability if it isn't the right man. Results, performances, tactics and selections have me doubting whether he is that man. 

Fair points. The guy has been dropped into a right poo storm so I honestly don’t know how we can judge him objectively but, as I said, I don’t think he is the problem.

We were all gutted when Bruce left because he looked like he’d got to grips with the job but we are where we are.

I would rather see us back him and give it a go.

By the way, I honestly don’t think the Cowleys would have been in a different position had we brought them in.

3 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Exactly. Painting the picture that monk said by the way your no longer part of my plans so just do a bit of training to earn your £20k shake hands and all is well. Ridiculous.

It might be they got their heads together to come up with a statement that they hope will quash the rumours without painting a bad picture for either party. A bit like when a company is getting rid of someone and they say "get yourself off quietly and we'll give you a glowing report, nobody will ever know what you're really like"... 

2 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

Fair points. The guy has been dropped into a right poo storm so I honestly don’t know how we can judge him objectively but, as I said, I don’t think he is the problem.

We were all gutted when Bruce left because he looked like he’d got to grips with the job but we are where we are.

I would rather see us back him and give it a go.

By the way, I honestly don’t think the Cowleys would have been in a different position had we brought them in.

I'm not sure the Cowleys would have made a massive difference either.

It was a difficult one at the time as the season had started and the options were limited plus people in the game would have been aware that we were facing trouble in terms of FFP/P&S.

By the end of this season we should know whether we have had a points deduction or will get a points deduction and if the stadium sale is allowed (but in a different accounting year as has been indicated) then we will be under less threat of breaching FFP/P&S rules for another couple of years. Unless Monk quickly shows signs of having a decent plan ahead I would be inclined to look at someone else for a rebuild in the summer.

As things stand now as far as I can see we only have a choice of Monk or Bullen for the remainder of this season because nobody else with take it on with all the uncertainty.  

I thought the days of Dave Allen were well behind us but jesus wept this club is imploding ....meanwhile our dear leader is having another go on the ghost train whilst wearing his Wednesday scarf.

If this isnt enough to drive you away I dont know what is.

What a mess.

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

I thought the days of Dave Allen were well behind us but jesus wept this club is imploding ....meanwhile our dear leader is having another go on the ghost train whilst wearing his Wednesday scarf.

If this isnt enough to drive you away I dont know what is.

What a mess.

What has this issue got to do with DC?  

2 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

That’s exactly what you are doing isn’t it . It’s clear to me why Westwood has felt it necessary to release this statement but let’s just make more stuff up about the fella , he has been brilliant for us over the years and deserves better from our fan base . 

I haven’t made anything up about him.

7 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I've seen no evidence to say that's not the case.  Unless you can enlighten us to some actual evidence which says different.

ok - you may be right. If Westwood's form has crashed to the point where Monk and him have agreed that he's only 3rd choice keeper then fine.

I suppose we'll only know if he's currently 3rd choice keeper if either Dawson or Wildsmith get injured.

9 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

What has this issue got to do with DC?  

The club is in fuckingturmoil....where is the captain on this rudderless ship?

Thats for starters!

Westwood's statement looks like a farewell, and although its made his situation look more confusing its still a bit strange after signing a new contract a while back.

We need our best players regardless, if Monk isnt picking them his not fit for perpose and needs sacking asap...but for that to happen you need a chairman!!

Edited by TaxiMark

26 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We are an absolute circus.

We will never have success on the pitch with this stuff happening. 

So so tired of it all. One thing after another.

This. 

Like the inmates are running the bloody asylum at the moment. 

From the outside look in, it appears to be absolute chaos right now.