Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

6 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

5 points from 4 games? 
we have made up 4 points on 4th bottom. We are a bang average at best championship side so points wise we are on par with what’s expected. 
Some fans make me laugh. Deluded. 

Two points from last nine, including two home matches. Eight points from last 42 at home. If only we were bang average, we're not. Unless results improve these are the sort of stats that get you in a relegation fight even without a twelve point handicap to start with. 

Just now, Beauchief Owl said:

Two points from last nine, including two home matches. Eight points from last 42 at home. If only we were bang average, we're not. Unless results improve these are the sort of stats that get you in a relegation fight even without a twelve point handicap to start with. 

We still have taken 5 points from 4 games that would have us mid table. 

Ok if we are not bang average we are overachieving so far this season. As long as we are clawing points back then no need to panic. There’s 42 games left to play plenty of time. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, sheffwed1 said:

We still have taken 5 points from 4 games that would have us mid table. 

Ok if we are not bang average we are overachieving so far this season. As long as we are clawing points back then no need to panic. There’s 42 games left to play plenty of time. 

If we take the same percentage of points throughout the season making a total of 57-8, with a 12 point deduction it actually won't be anywhere near enough to avoid the drop as it will leave us on 45-46 in actual fact.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

If we take the same percentage of points throughout the season making a total of 57-8, with a 12 point deduction it actually won't be anywhere near enough to avoid the drop as it will leave us on 45-46 in actual fact.

I wouldn’t say anywhere near enough , 45/46 gives you a chance (not that I’m saying 45/46 is what we should aim for)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

we will see. Unlikely to be as high as it was to survive last season. 
bottom line is we have made 4 points on 4th bottom like I say. 

• Like 1

It’s sickening having to constantly look to the transfer window in the hope of salvation. The more he’s delved in to the market, the more confusing things have become. You would have thought that bringing in 5 players, we’d have seen some sort of evidence of things coming together. Instead, week by week the performances have been more disparate So much so, that they are beginning to resemble some of last years performances. Now I don’t trust Monk in the transfer market, he has no plan that I can see.

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

It’s sickening having to constantly look to the transfer window in the hope of salvation. The more he’s delved in to the market, the more confusing things have become. You would have thought that bringing in 5 players, we’d have seen some sort of evidence of things coming together. Instead, week by week the performances have been more disparate So much so, that they are beginning to resemble some of last years performances. Now I don’t trust Monk in the transfer market, he has no plan that I can see.

Maybe DC should have just splashed out on a top quality manager instead. 

• Like 2

Sheffield Wednesday are ‘pitching a bid’ for the winger Andre Green, who was most recently on the books of Aston Villa, according to The Sun on Sunday.

The newspaper claims that Green is a loan target for the Owls, and that the Villans will ‘let him out for games’.

The 22-year-old was thought to have left Aston Villa at the end of his contract in summer.

Edited by Bloxwich Owl
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Sheffield Wednesday are ‘pitching a bid’ for the winger Andre Green, who was most recently on the books of Aston Villa, according to The Sun on Sunday.

The newspaper claims that Green is a loan target for the Owls, and that the Villans will ‘let him out for games’.

The 22-year-old was thought to have left Aston Villa at the end of his contract in summer.

He’s a free agent that we are trying to sign on loan?

:blink:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

I don’t mind Green, as one of those hunch type signings There seems to be a bit of confusion though regarding his status. All the papers claiming that he’s a free agent, but then last week QPR were said to have contacted Villa about signing him? Anyhow he’s a winger, and we don’t play wingers.

1 minute ago, 0114 said:

On his Instagram he’s posted a massive goodbye post to Aston Villa. That’s very confusing. 

I would be happy signing Green if we actually played with wingers! 

That’s the thing, I’d be happy to take a punt on him, but it just seems like more confused thinking from Monk

Guest OrlandoUnTrustful

QPR have a few major advantages over us

•A manager who has had 3 transfer windows without an embargo 
•A club that has just sold their star player for £20mill and is reinvesting shrewdly 

•A club that knows it’s style of play and buys players to suit that system 

•A London postcode 

Right now we need to be looking at QPR as our level and model.

If we are playing 3/5/2 we need to buy and plan for that formation.

Our transfer model has to be wing backs, strikers and powerful, physical and pacey central midfield players. We are craving pace and someone who can play off Paterson. Windass isn’t the answer.

Edited by OrlandoUnTrustful

The problem is, with Reach, Harris, Kachunga, and to a certain extent Windass as an inside forward kind if player... add on a hypothetical Green to the mix... it really starts looking like we should be playing with chuffing wingers.

The worry is we recruit for every major formation and we become masterful at none of them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

The problem is, with Reach, Harris, Kachunga, and to a certain extent Windass as an inside forward kind if player... add on a hypothetical Green to the mix... it really starts looking like we should be playing with chuffing wingers.

The worry is we recruit for every major formation and we become masterful at none of them.

Well quite, except we don’t really try any other way of playing It’s always the same attritional stuff

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Well quite, except we don’t really try any other way of playing It’s always the same attritional stuff

The same package in different-shaped boxes. At least it would leave Monk's replacement with a lot of different potential formations to work with? :ph34r:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t mind Green, as one of those hunch type signings There seems to be a bit of confusion though regarding his status. All the papers claiming that he’s a free agent, but then last week QPR were said to have contacted Villa about signing him? Anyhow he’s a winger, and we don’t play wingers.

Might be signing him to play Centre Half.

• Haha 1