Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

2 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Dunkley and brown came pretty much totally random and last minute so we seriously have to hope we get some of these next week and that’s excluding windass. 

Minimum currently needed 

x1 wide player

x2 strikers (excluding windass )

Plus a CM, GK and LB

2 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Plus a CM, GK and LB

Yep. No good bodging into a season on - 12 points. When folk said we'd find it hard attracting players, due to the deduction, they were not wrong. I for one think the goalkeeper position is always one of the first priorities. A good strong goalkeeper stops the shots and passes on confidence to the defensive unit. The notion of a team can get away with a good defence in front of a shakey keeper is all wrong. 

• Like 2

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Bayern wanted him for their 2nd team which play in the German 3rd division. Bologna want him for their first team. 

Dale Jennings went through the process at Bayern, got to be exceptional to make it into the 1st team.

40 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Plus a CM, GK and LB

Not major priorities, have 2 keepers 

cm we have bannan luongo FDB hunt and Joey , 

LB Palmer / Obubajo / Penney 

appreciate we could strengthen and I do agree it would be nice but as priorities they aren’t screaming out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sMacLean said:

Seeing sales of Eze and Bellingham we badly need assets. Reading look to be the next financial disaster waiting, maybe look at some of their side.

What’s the point we won’t develop them and sell them anyway.

2 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Who’d have thought it! No one wants to part with young hungry talent for nothing. Peanuts and monkeys comes to mind. Back to being a club without a pot to pee in. 

There are young hungry talented players available on Free. 

Peterborough signed one, but than again they have reputation for signing "such players". 

1 hour ago, sMacLean said:

Seeing sales of Eze and Bellingham we badly need assets. Reading look to be the next financial disaster waiting, maybe look at some of their side.

Just what I'm saying for almost 20 years on here. 

Nothing sells better or for more money than young talented english players, we need to focus more on producing these. 

With Chansiri's funds we can pick some of the best that slipped through Premiership net or those that are eager for first team football. 

I’m keeping blind faith at the moment, that we are actually in talks to sign some decent players that will surprise everyone.  

Could do with something happening soon though so they have time to settle in before the Cardiff game at least.

Edited by Owls-Fan

7 minutes ago, malek said:

Just what I'm saying for almost 20 years on here. 

Nothing sells better or for more money than young talented english players, we need to focus more on producing these. 

With Chansiri's funds we can pick some of the best that slipped through Premiership net or those that are eager for first team football. 

I’ve been a critic of monk, but he might be the manager that really bloods some youngsters to see what assets we do have, either by choice or his hand forced, we’ll have to see.

• Like 1

My turn to spit dummy out ...

Reyt annoyed Walker has gone to Coventry , that lad would have been ideal here and I can’t believe we haven’t took a chance on a signing like this in our position  , undisclosed fee aswell... peanuts no doubt 

I think he will tear it up at Coventry and Forest will regret not giving him a proper run, as always could be very wrong , but have seen him a few times and genuinely think he’s capable of stepping up to championship and scoring goals like he did down in league two and one