Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

6 minutes ago, trev said:

I couldn't be more underwhelmed by the Windass deal.

Totally meh.

Oh well at least it's another body through the door.

Exciting stuff....

yes I feel the same. We need so much better than this to give ourselves a chance of even staying up next season. A strike force of Rhodes, Windass and possibly Da Cruz would be a disaster as proved since Christmas. We would be weaker up top than we have been for a long long time. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

3 minutes ago, trev said:

I couldn't be more underwhelmed by the Windass deal.

Totally meh.

Oh well at least it's another body through the door.

Exciting stuff....

Wait until you get the Da Cruz deal.

You’ll reach a whole new level of underwhelmed - one you probably didn’t even realise was possible.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

I see Windass as direct competition for Izzy Browns spot. 2 more proper out and out strikers needed now. 

Unless we are going 4231 in which case he will slot on the right hand side with Izzy in the middle.

Just now, BonesyOwl said:

Unless we are going 4231 in which case he will slot on the right hand side with Izzy in the middle.

Let's hope its not 4 at the back with the current full backs in the squad.  

I'd guess at Bannan, Brown and Luongo in midfield and Windass and Rhodes up top - until more players are signed up 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Let's hope its not 4 at the back with the current full backs in the squad.  

I'd guess at Bannan, Brown and Luongo in midfield and Windass and Rhodes up top - until more players are signed up 

I don't know, Palmer is very steady at right or left full back.  Penney was getting game time playing in the Bundasliga playing left full back in a 4231. Iorfa played right back when he was signed initially and IMO offered a good attacking threat down that side and I think scored three goals from that position in half a season. I think Borner has played left back in the past as well.....but if you are talking about Odubajo, then yes that would be a worry.  Reach can also fill in at left back as well as fit in on the left of the three.....if he can regain any sort of form that is.

Edited by BonesyOwl
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

Yes that's right spend money on a player who was a part of the sh!tshow last season. F***ing joke of a club.

Surely he was one of the few that came out with a little credit from that sh!tshow.  It's not an exciting signing but he is steady, cheap and can play multiple positions.

Guest gizowl
20 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

work hard to do deals, apparently.

I'm not usually in the know but we will struggle to sign players on the money we are offering, all I can say is we've gone from one extreme to another,one player that plays centre forward signed for stoke for 15k a week our offer was less than half that. 

18 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Rain, rain go away 

Come back another day.

Bloody sick of it

I'm decoding that as.

There is a player we had who has gone, He is coming back to us within a day but you're not very happy about it.

I'm brilliant at this cryptic stuff lol

Windass isn't anything to get excited about. Does seem our transfer policy so far is one we would have had if we had been relegated. I will give some of you credit some really are trying to be positive about Monk and signings but so far we have nothing to pull any trees up. There is a possibility Brown and young lad from City might be good but so far got in players who have just had bad injuries  and players who need to prove themselves. Squad so far isn't any better. And look where we ended up last season. Serious additions needed. Right now if Rhodes plays like he has we have nothing up front. Windass and Da Cruz are just like Rhodes. So nothing reliable up front. Can you tell I'm a HAPPY clapper lol can't help being honest, I can't do bullshiz 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, gizowl said:

I'm not usually in the know but we will struggle to sign players on the money we are offering, all I can say is we've gone from one extreme to another,one player that plays centre forward signed for stoke for 15k a week our offer was less than half that. 

Stoke are a parachute payment club.  We are now in world with no income coming through the gates.  Surely this is us starting to be sensible in a post covid/post point deduction world.

• Like 4

Guest wilyfox
7 minutes ago, gizowl said:

I can understand that in his case because Fletcher was overpaid for 4yrs anyway. Lower offer to balance it out.