Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

2 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

I'm not his biggest fan but 450k for Windass isn't a bad deal.

I think **** and Beattie want him back. I’m not so sure the Chairman is that enthusiastic to do the deal? Let’s face it, would you be given how average he was last season?

7 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Howson also saying that we pulled out of the deal to sign Leko because West Brom upped the asking price to £1m and we didn't think he was worth it hence him going to Birmingham.

Interesting, makes me feel better about our pulling power if this is true 

9 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Ok now I'm píssed off.

Just have to keep the faith... still a week till our first competitive game.  Not ideal to have a lack of training time but just have to hope we are trying to sign decent players. Please Lordy lord

6 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Howson also saying that we pulled out of the deal to sign Leko because West Brom upped the asking price to £1m and we didn't think he was worth it hence him going to Birmingham.

That’s a little disappointing, but I guess we have our own valuation Sometimes though, when you’re talking potential, you might have to pay a little over the odds. That’s the difference between Windass and Leko, both had a similar goals return at this level, but only one is likely to improve. That’s perhaps the subtlety that DC needs to get his head around

Don't know what everyone is worrying about. Clearly, the recruitment has been aimed at playmaker, who will set up Rhodes, who will bang in 35 plus goals this season.

Simple policy, cant believe you lot fail to see it !!!

No, I'm ok nurse, not the suppository again....😅😅😅

On 22/08/2020 at 10:01, A12owl said:

I knew that would appear sometime. I must have been asleep for a couple of days when the announcement was made. 

2 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

They do for now but Chelsea have at least 8 players currently in isolation, there are 5 England players currently positive and we’re still in August with no games.

What happens if it spikes later in the year, no crowd income which really impacts below the Premier League and huge swathes of squads in isolation forcing postponements etc?

Surely they will either have to extend the window or allow emergency transfers just to keep things going?

Clubs will go under and lower leagues could quite possibly collapse with only the big boys getting the big money surviving.

This could be a very, very strange season ahead.

Covid to save Monk's job again, i hope not.

Guest wilyfox

So, we walked away from Simmonds over wage demands. We pulled out of Leko deal over fee. We're haggling over 450k for Windass.

I'm not sure how we're gonna bolster our attacking options if we're looking at strikers we don't perceive to be good value.

Just now, wilyfox said:

So, we walked away from Simmonds over wage demands. We pulled out of Leko deal over fee. We're haggling over 450k for Windass.

I'm not sure how we're gonna bolster our attacking options if we're looking at strikers we don't perceive to be good value.

I think DC just likes haggling, but he isn’t very good at it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Kinda knew we'd have nowt to spend. 

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Been obvious now for a few days that we aren't gonna spend.  Better get ready for a bad season.   

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I think DC just likes haggling, but he isn’t very good at it

Passng up and walking away isn't really haggling. It's pointless tyre-kicking. 

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The word ‘hopeful’ sounds like an oxymoron in this sentence and really doesn’t make me full of hope.

The fact that we start the season next week with Rhodes as our only out and out striker between the senior squad and U23s, AND he only scored three last season. It’s beyond worrying

Not that I’d turn my nose up, as I didn’t think that in our position we should be getting rid anyway, but I really think we’re gonna end up with Nuhiu back.

• Like 1