Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

19 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

I’ve been a critic of monk, but he might be the manager that really bloods some youngsters to see what assets we do have, either by choice or his hand forced, we’ll have to see.

Signs are indeed good so far. Fingers crossed. 

Tyler Walker will be a £10m player within a couple of years no doubt. Coventry have done well.

Really want Puscas from Reading.

If you lot want a very in-depth look at FFP the Brizzle forum has a long running thread looking at all the sagas including ours (yes they are a bitter lot). Reading FFP and ownership stuff is very interesting.

Getting annoying seeing players that would realistically improve us going elsewhere when we are so short upfront. Walker really would have been a quality player to take a chance on, if we are still looking at crap like Da Cruz why aren’t we looking at players like Walker that really wouldn’t have cost that much

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

My turn to spit dummy out ...

Reyt annoyed Walker has gone to Coventry , that lad would have been ideal here and I can’t believe we haven’t took a chance on a signing like this in our position  , undisclosed fee aswell... peanuts no doubt 

I think he will tear it up at Coventry and Forest will regret not giving him a proper run, as always could be very wrong , but have seen him a few times and genuinely think he’s capable of stepping up to championship and scoring goals like he did down in league two and one 

Maybe we did approach Walker and he chose Coventry ahead of us?

21 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

How do people know so much about Tyler Walker?? Appreciate he’s the son of Des, but how is he nailed on to be a success??

Any player we dont sign will be and any player we do sign will be rubbish.

It's the Wednesday way.

lol

Edited by pazowl55

3 hours ago, sMacLean said:

Seeing sales of Eze and Bellingham we badly need assets. Reading look to be the next financial disaster waiting, maybe look at some of their side.

When you’re signing players over 24, they’re generally not going to have any resale value three years down the line

30 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

How do people know so much about Tyler Walker?? Appreciate he’s the son of Des, but how is he nailed on to be a success??

Watched his progress at Mansfield and then again at Lincoln, absolute jack all to do with his dad been Des 

Kid can play, quick and strong through the middle , knows where back of net is, and for the money he’s probably cost I think he’s a fantastic investment for Coventry 

1 hour ago, 109Waddle said:

I’ve been a critic of monk, but he might be the manager that really bloods some youngsters to see what assets we do have, either by choice or his hand forced, we’ll have to see.

That’s not the way to do it though, youngsters have to earn the shirt, not because there is nobody else to fill it

1 hour ago, sMacLean said:

Really want Puscas from Reading.

Seen us linked ?  I’d be interested in seeing him here, started off on fire but seemed to struggle after , looked tidy when I’ve seen him though 

3 hours ago, 109Waddle said:

Well seen as though GMs record is on a par with Jo’s, maybe he thinks this will be the best way to force DCs hand get his compensation  a bit quicker

Edited by Plonk

6 hours ago, gurujuan said:

When you’re signing players over 24, they’re generally not going to have any resale value three years down the line

Don’t talk nonsense! 

Forestieri signed at 25, we rejected bids of around 10m. I’d also be shocked if we haven’t had the opportunity to make money on Bannan signed at 25 Westwood again I’m sure was over 24 too. 

It’s not always the age of the player that ruins the resale value of players we sign, players still generate decent fees in late twenties/early thirties....

where we go wrong is signing players with points to prove for a low fee, letting them prove their point and then instead of selling them we offer them a mega pay rise and price them out of others budgets. We’ve done that with: 

Forestieri, Bannan, Hutchinson, Westwood, Lees off top of my head. Weirdly at time our fans on mass celebrate us keeping hold of these players. Whenever there’s rumours of interest of our players the typical ‘they can get fizzed’ or ‘tell them we want 5x the realistic profitable bid was’ instead of us cashing in and finding the next Bannan etc. 

Championship clubs for the whole don’t typically double players wages at point of re contracting, that’s where we go wrong not signing players 25-28 years old. 

• Like 4

Jordan Jones the ‘big game mentality’ Rangers player is wanted by Sheffield Wednesday - The Daily Record.

It has been reported that Wednesday, Queens Park Rangers and Stoke City in the Championship in England are interested in Rangers winger Jones.

Edited by Bloxwich Owl

16 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Don’t talk nonsense! 

Forestieri signed at 25, we rejected bids of around 10m. I’d also be shocked if we haven’t had the opportunity to make money on Bannan signed at 25 Westwood again I’m sure was over 24 too. 

It’s not always the age of the player that ruins the resale value of players we sign, players still generate decent fees in late twenties/early thirties....

where we go wrong is signing players with points to prove for a low fee, letting them prove their point and then instead of selling them we offer them a mega pay rise and price them out of others budgets. We’ve done that with: 

Forestieri, Bannan, Hutchinson, Westwood, Lees off top of my head. Weirdly at time our fans on mass celebrate us keeping hold of these players. Whenever there’s rumours of interest of our players the typical ‘they can get fizzed’ or ‘tell them we want 5x the realistic profitable bid was’ instead of us cashing in and finding the next Bannan etc. 

Championship clubs for the whole don’t typically double players wages at point of re contracting, that’s where we go wrong not signing players 25-28 years old. 

Possibly yes, but generally the bigger clubs are only interested in paying money for younger talent though. Clearly we have missed opportunities to sell when a player’s stock was high Sometimes, in the case of Bannan perhaps, his usefulness to us, will have outweighed any potential profit we might make 

Its true that not many fall into that category though, and we’ve doubtless missed many opportunities to cash in. I still maintain though, the recruitment of younger players, with potentially more resale value, will make us more sustainable in the future, presuming we are prepared to sell at the right time that is.

Hence my stance over Windass, going for a younger player like Leko, is always going to be preferable

Two more clubs, QPR and Sheffield Wednesday, are reportedly interested in Rangers winger Jordan Jones, bringing the number of linked Championship teams to five.

In July, the Daily Record reported that the 25-year-old had been told he was free to leave Ibrox amid interest from Middlesbrough, Stoke City and Blackburn Rovers.

No move has yet materialised, but on Friday night, a fresh Daily Record report claimed that two further English second-tier clubs, QPR and Sheffield Wednesday, have joined the hunt.

6 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Complete and utter tripe.

Jonathan Kodjia - Bought by Bristol City aged 25, sold for a 9m profit. 

Ross McCormack - Joined Leeds aged 24, sold for 11m aged 28. 

Harry Maguire - Joined Leicester aged 24, sold for 80m aged 26.

Virgil Van Dijk - joined Southampton aged 24, sold for 75m aged 27.

Salah - Joined Roma aged 24, sold for £35m a couple of seasons later.

Matic - Joined Chelsea for the 2nd time aged 26, sold to Man U aged 29 for a reported 19m profit.

That’s a list without really taking too much time to look into it. It’s not only a ridiculous statement what you’ve come out with, it’s just simply not true.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2