Can we avoid relegation? A 12pt deduction puts us only 2pts clear of the drop

As it stands, if ('when'?) the EFL give us a 12-point deduction, we'd be only two points clear of the bottom three.

Can we avoid relegation?

(I'm not bedwetting, and certainly don't think the answer is the immediate sacking of Monk, but a glance at the table just got me thinking...)

I’ve been thinking (worrying) about this since we were charged. I didn’t get too high when we went 3rd but at least I thought then we’d be ok, now I’ve gone full on we are going down, we are in free fall, devoid of any clue, players are shirking, the loan signings are no help, the manager has lost the plot. An unbelievable mess. 3 years ago were bouncing now we are drowning. I’m done with this poo !

If we go down more reason to get rid of the deadwood. I don’t think we’ve got the mental strength to stay up. 

Even when monk was at Birmingham he kept them up when they had a points deduction but they looked up for it and got some decent results, we’re struggling against teams that have poor records before playing us in and around the bottom of the league. Motivation is rock bottom at the moment. 

8 minutes ago, RigBon said:

When is the EFL decision due?

They were hoping for end of Feb, early March..

Think we will get -15pts but may not start until next season..depending on our ability to slow time em...semi bedwetting.

Or

From immediate effect.

Full on drowning in pisss, cos will almost certainly be relegation.

1 minute ago, Steve Down South said:

I’m far from certain we can avoid relegation without a points deduction!  Even when we were winning games prior to Christmas, some of the performances were very poor.  I kept being told this didn’t matter, “3 points is 3 points”, but those awful displays should have been cause for alarm.

This group hasn't consistantly put easy on they eye performances together since early 2016.

2 hours ago, RigBon said:

As it stands, if ('when'?) the EFL give us a 12-point deduction, we'd be only two points clear of the bottom three.

Can we avoid relegation?

(I'm not bedwetting, and certainly don't think the answer is the immediate sacking of Monk, but a glance at the table just got me thinking...)

We dont have the fight for a relegation scrap .

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nilsson said:

It needs sorting soon so we know where we are with it and whether we’re in a relegation scrap or just seeing this season out in midtable.

Birmingham’s point deduction came on the 22nd March last year

It's interesting regarding Birmingham.

They took their punishment on the chin though - accepted it. Given that we have challenged the ruling in the first place, if it did go against us I would expect us to appeal any points deduction so how long would that take?

A deduction of anything in double figures would leave me worried - we have taken 1 point from 4 games against the bottom 4 since Christmas

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, RigBon said:

Perhaps Chansiri's legal action might stave-off any punishment until next season. Perhaps...

I'd rather get it done this season and then at least we know where we stand. The legal action from DC could well be a bravado stunt that backfires and then hinders next season too. If we are to start on minus points it potentially impacts recruitment as we may miss out on certain players if they have choices of which club to sign for.