Can we avoid relegation? A 12pt deduction puts us only 2pts clear of the drop

Again, a very good contribution to the thread - thank you.

4 hours ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

a judjement that late would cause havoc for clubs at the bottom end of the table.

I'm not sure that I agree with this point, though. Why do you feel it would "cause havoc" for them? If anything, it'd be a welcome piece of good news for one or more of them, if  it puts us below them.

5 hours ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

In the Brum case the members of the EFL Disciplinary Commission were appointed and on 18 October 2018 and directions were made for the preparation of the case with a view to a hearing to commence on 26 February 2019. That means 17 weeks (119 days) were allowed between appointment and hearing. 

There was a delay due to a conflict of interest with a panel member, it only became apparent late. Hence it was later than should have been.

But besides that they knew well in advance when the hearing would be. Whereas we know nuffink.

8 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

There was a delay due to a conflict of interest with a panel member, it only became apparent late. Hence it was later than should have been.

But besides that they knew well in advance when the hearing would be. Whereas we know nuffink.

I don't suppose anyone will know until after the arbitration ruling.

3 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I don't suppose anyone will know until after the arbitration ruling.

Yep..

Xg reckon..

Sheff Wed’s chances of going down are currently next to nothing. With a six-point deduction that changes to four per cent and with a 12-point deduction it becomes 22 per cent – more than a one in five chance that they are goners.

47 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Reading the judgement it seems the delay was at the beginning in agreeing the appointment of brum’s nominee to the commission. We as fans don’t know the time of the hearing but surely the club will know. I’m working on the 17 week timetable set for brum, which tallies with the standard directions under FA arbitration’s

Edited by HarrowbyOwl

4 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Parked in the reserved spot in South Stand car park just now.... it’s a sign!

DA9AF81D-32AA-4BE8-A6FB-C07906D8F048.png

"You Got 15 - Financial Fair Play".

15pt deduction confirmed!

(/s, as if it were needed!)

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, RigBon said:

Again, a very good contribution to the thread - thank you.

I'm not sure that I agree with this point, though. Why do you feel it would "cause havoc" for them? If anything, it'd be a welcome piece of good news for one or more of them, if  it puts us below them.

If uncertainty of the outcome, not knowing if it puts us above or below them, would be very disruptive for contract renewals, new signings, financial planning, etc. The Birmingham Disciplinary Commiussion judjement expressed regret that the judgement on 22 March was so late

13 hours ago, RigBon said:

"You Got 15 - Financial Fair Play".

15pt deduction confirmed!

(/s, as if it were needed!)

Could be our barristers car and he's won.....................................Your Guy I'5 S***t Financial Fair Play.