Monks contract

6 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Think the chairman was a bit railroaded into the appointment,  feel like he really had decided on going for Tony Pulis but was advised of pending fan base meltdown and suspect a certain ex manager advised TP against the job 

Monk was the best of what else was available,  Cowleys i don’t think were ever approached , Carlos may have been though ... and no I don’t want him back before accused , I do suspect a return is on the chairman’s wish list though 

Still mates are DC and CC...

12 hours ago, marcx666 said:

Needs to go at the end of the season if not before. Tactically inept, with one way of playing, which is boot it up to the striker, which worked to a degree with Fletch, but since his injury exposed this tactic. No plan B, or ability to change tactics  at all, substitutions are always like for like, never to change the game, and on top of it, seems to be incapable of actually man managing players, to the point that they don't even seem to want to play for him, but then again, he publicly threw them under the bus to cover himself, so why would they. Also, has the inspirational personality of a dead fish.

Monkfish?

image.png.74baffe615030b2df33dde689fd9f5a9.png

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Who are these trouble makers?

It's been well documented that Westwood and Hutchinson are 2 main culprits. Westwood hasn't been involved this year and Hutchinson hasn't played since being influential in the QPR win yet performances are just as bad and Monk has slated the attitude of the squad even when these two aren't in it and half the team he picks are players that have come into the squad in that last 12-18 months at most.

Who was he pointing the finger at after the Wigan match? His selections and the performances since have hardly reflected any significant positive reaction.

If Monk can prove he can do something in the next 3 months then he might be worth continuing with but if he persists with the same one-dimensional approach that isn't working then we may well be better off not offering him or the out-of-contract players anything and going for a completely fresh start. 

Sadly, Monk is not adverse to pointing the finger at others Needs to just get on with his job, while he still has one

15 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Sadly, Monk is not adverse to pointing the finger at others Needs to just get on with his job, while he still has one

Quite so. I have seen nothing so far to make me think Monk is a capable manager but the diatribe after the Wigan game was the event that made me actively think he is no good. Shameless playing to the gallery. 

12 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Maybe he knows that he's not getting a new contract and that's why he's not got his own staff in or is showing little motivation.

His Birmingham backroom staff are all on 3 year deals. They won’t come here until Monk gets a longer term contract, which is understandable. May be wrong on this but I think they are all on garden leave as they are very much in the Monk camp, as opposed to Clotet, who Monk fell out with. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

I'd rather Monk leave in the Summer if it's true.

He's just your standard merry-go-round manager, may as well have a carboard cut-out in the dug out, like those pretend policemen you have In the entrance of supermarkets.

We have a stock of cardboard cut-outs but choose to put them on the pitch rather than the dug out

11 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Think the chairman was a bit railroaded into the appointment,  feel like he really had decided on going for Tony Pulis but was advised of pending fan base meltdown and suspect a certain ex manager advised TP against the job 

Monk was the best of what else was available,  Cowleys i don’t think were ever approached , Carlos may have been though ... and no I don’t want him back before accused , I do suspect a return is on the chairman’s wish list though 

tony pullis was defo spoken to by chansiri so was coleman , cowleys and rowett were never approached . when there was all the speculation in summer I asked him myself. I tried by best to put him off pullis and told him we wouldn't want a manager with that style of football ,yes its hardly any better under monk I know. 

8 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Who are these trouble makers?

It's been well documented that Westwood and Hutchinson are 2 main culprits. Westwood hasn't been involved this year and Hutchinson hasn't played since being influential in the QPR win yet performances are just as bad and Monk has slated the attitude of the squad even when these two aren't in it and half the team he picks are players that have come into the squad in that last 12-18 months at most.

Who was he pointing the finger at after the Wigan match? His selections and the performances since have hardly reflected any significant positive reaction.

If Monk can prove he can do something in the next 3 months then he might be worth continuing with but if he persists with the same one-dimensional approach that isn't working then we may well be better off not offering him or the out-of-contract players anything and going for a completely fresh start. 

I think he was pointing the finger at Rhodes who aint been in squad since , his pathetic attempt on goal at wigan in last min after that shambles of a performance ,strangely though he is still training with 1st team group so maybe im wrong . regards westwood,hutch all clubs have difficult characters its how you are able to work with them . big ron in past could.danny Wilson couldn't . if westwood is as bad as what ive heard then why is he still here? could he be sacked for gross misconduct if he is downing his tools? or is that some stupid rumour? same regards hutch. 

Guest Bulgaria
15 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

tony pullis was defo spoken to by chansiri so was coleman , cowleys and rowett were never approached . when there was all the speculation in summer I asked him myself. I tried by best to put him off pullis and told him we wouldn't want a manager with that style of football ,yes its hardly any better under monk I know. 

Can you ask him to lower the POTG prices next time.

Thanks

16 hours ago, marcx666 said:

Needs to go at the end of the season if not before. Tactically inept, with one way of playing, which is boot it up to the striker, which worked to a degree with Fletch, but since his injury exposed this tactic. No plan B, or ability to change tactics  at all, substitutions are always like for like, never to change the game, and on top of it, seems to be incapable of actually man managing players, to the point that they don't even seem to want to play for him, but then again, he publicly threw them under the bus to cover himself, so why would they. Also, has the inspirational personality of a dead fish.

Spot on post..... id get rid now

17 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

My fear with that is that a new manger might want to keep a lot of the out of contract players

What if the trouble makers are all out of contract, and a new manager gives them all a new 3 year contract

We can kiss goodbye to all hope for another 3 years then

I'd rather let Monk sort them out and be allowed to bring his own players in

I'll judge Monk in 12 months time

Bloody hell Hoots your on fire mate. Sounds like you've heard some of the stories I've been told.

16 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I think a lot of the Blades' players would have been on less than that when playing in the Championship. As we know paying a big salary doesn't always work, the character of the players signed is often more important. 

Nail and head, mate!

Wilder has taken a bunch of journeymen League One players and created a team that is far greater than the sum of the parts. I doubt that any of them before this season would have got a gig in the first team at another Premier League club (Henderson apart).

Each manager we have had seems to done the opposite with a consequence that the players get paid a lot whether they play or not.

Talent is a lot more than just keepy uppies and nutmegs in training.

1 hour ago, Frazzlebeak said:

I didn’t mention the Stadium you did.

I am sorry for presuming that you meant the stadium.

But i could not think of anything else, that because he is so rich, he could "Chuck Millions at".

Anything else i could think of, falls within the spending rules.

1 hour ago, thewookieisdown said:

Quite so. I have seen nothing so far to make me think Monk is a capable manager but the diatribe after the Wigan game was the event that made me actively think he is no good. Shameless playing to the gallery. 

I don't know what to think apart that I'm never sure what formation we're playing in games, 4-3-3  4-5-1  4-2-4 whatever it is we always look to be outnumbered in middle of park.

I'm an old believer of a 4-4-2, one thing I'm not keen on is playing 2 out and out wingers in Harris and Murphy, we look well short in middle of midfield. 

One thing is for sure, if we don't pick points up in next 2 games I can see crowd turning on Monk during games and then I don't think Chansiri would hesitate to get shut if he's only on a short term contract. 

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

I think he was pointing the finger at Rhodes who aint been in squad since , his pathetic attempt on goal at wigan in last min after that shambles of a performance ,strangely though he is still training with 1st team group so maybe im wrong . regards westwood,hutch all clubs have difficult characters its how you are able to work with them . big ron in past could.danny Wilson couldn't . if westwood is as bad as what ive heard then why is he still here? could he be sacked for gross misconduct if he is downing his tools? or is that some stupid rumour? same regards hutch. 

I can't remember many players getting sacked for gross misconduct unless it's drugs, rape or similar. I might be wrong but I can't remember any sacked for not training, being difficult or disruptive.

Can anyone?

Guest wilyfox

We still haven't addressed the same problems we've had for 3yrs. Monk is not responsible for those. That said, our alarming dip in form, strange team-selections, and bizarre comments will not work in Monk's favour regards an extension. Freezing players out is also a dangerous game if results don't justify it - as Jos found out. 

3 hours ago, darra said:

Bloody hell Hoots your on fire mate. Sounds like you've heard some of the stories I've been told.

I haven't heard anything mate it's just common sense

We have the opportunity to release a lot of players in the summer, most on contracts they won't get anywhere else

The only danger to this not happening is if we get a new manager

Most sensible people know we need a clear out

A new manager will take time finding out who the undesirables are, he might look at the list of our out of contracts, and start going I'll keep him, I'll keep him as well etc

I would like to see them all released apart from Fox

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

4 hours ago, prowl said:

I can't remember many players getting sacked for gross misconduct unless it's drugs, rape or similar. I might be wrong but I can't remember any sacked for not training, being difficult or disruptive.

Can anyone?

if a player refuses to attend training im sure that would be grounds for dismissal , and if any players of ours have done owt wrong and got 2 weeks fine I don't the club would tell anyone , more comes out of north korea than our club