Monks contract

14 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

A big chunk of the overspend is eliminated off the rolling 3 year FFP at the end of the season

A lot of our big earners are out of contract too

Loan players got Huddersfield promoted

We won't be loaded, but we will have wriggle room

Surely the biggest earner Fletcher will get another year?

FF?

Plus we don't know what will happen with FFP this year yet, we may get a transfer ban?

DC will not spend big anytime soon I think.

If Monk stays and cannot see why not given he he needs time which any manager needs.....then he needs to be able to clear out the backroom staff including Bullen 

and bring his own team. Any decent  manager will want their own selected staff in place. 

3 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

If Monk stays and cannot see why not given he he needs time which any manager needs.....then he needs to be able to clear out the backroom staff including Bullen 

and bring his own team. Any decent  manager will want their own selected staff in place. 

So why would we let him bring his own in then lol

• Haha 1

Think I'd give him until next Christmas see how we are then, see who gets the chop in the summer and who he brings in, if we're still playing the same turgid football next Season then DC should act, but I think he needs one may be two windows I'm fed up seeing the same old  manager merry go round.

3 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Surely the biggest earner Fletcher will get another year?

FF?

Plus we don't know what will happen with FFP this year yet, we may get a transfer ban?

DC will not spend big anytime soon I think.

I'll ask you this

Would you offer Fletcher another contract on big money, because he's not going to want a wage drop

Or would you try to use those wages on someone younger like Wickham or someone similar

I think Fletcher has done really well for us, he's a good target man, but no way would I be paying him what he's on now

I'd be looking for the younger version, who might be cheaper as well

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Just now, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I'll ask you this

Would you offer Fletcher another contract on big money, because he's not going to want a wage drop

Or would you try to use those wages on someone younger like Wickham or someone similar

I think Fletcher has done really well for us, he's a good target man, but no way would I be paying him what he's on now

If it was my decision, I would offer him 1 year on a reduced wage, like half. His call then.

It's not an easy situation that we are in.

Ultimately, DC will decide, so anything could happen.

I think the club is at a stage where it is beneficial for Monk to stay for at least a couple more seasons, then it would be better to assess where we are.

Not buying this tactically inept rubbish. Tactics don't win you games, players do. 

You win as a team, and lose as a team.  And it is time certain players take the

responsibility. 

• Like 1

We had a player not so long ago called JJ

He was usually crap until January

In January he'd start performing hoping to earn another 12 month contract

I think FF is similar

He's been out a lot with injury, but all of a sudden he's fit again and looking for a new contract

No doubt he's a talent, but we've not had our moneys worth out of him

One nutmeg every six month isn't enough for me

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

If it was my decision, I would offer him 1 year on a reduced wage, like half. His call then.

It's not an easy situation that we are in.

Ultimately, DC will decide, so anything could happen.

Yeah, I'd probably go along with that, or a performance related package, it would depend if I thought we could get better

We've got to remember he's struggled with his knee all the time he's been here, so we've never seen the best of Fletcher, and at his age now, with his chronic knee injury we never will

Just now, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I just hope we don't

Well that was my point. If no one, including us are likely to offer what he's on, he has no choice but take a pay cut.

I would offer less than what we (the club) reckon his market value is. If he can get more elsewhere, so be it.

You are all assuming Monk wants to stay beyond this season. Personally, I'd be running a mile.

If he does go at the end of this season though expect a foreign unknown replacement. 

It's a joke to think any reputable "big name" manager would come here. It was a miracle Bruce came but I suspect he was hedging his bets and the Newcastle appointment was already well in the works (probably whilst he was watching the cricket) and we were a fallback until something better came along.

23 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I'll ask you this

Fletcher would have to take a wage cut to stay here. It’s not like any other team would pay him 35k a week at his age with his injury record is it

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I think the problems go a lot deeper than Monk

The fact we've had poor displays under Carlos, Bullen, Josh, Bullen again, Bruce and now Monk, tells me we have some undesirables in that dressing room

If we keep Monk, he's up to speed knowing who these undesirables are

If we get a new manager it will take 6 months to find them out again

And then we're calling for that managers head

Someone needs to take a stand and force the undesirables out, I think Jos was trying to do it, and now Monk is trying to do it

I'd rather we give Monk time to whittle them out

Can you give me some reasons as to why Monk looks like a good Wednesday manager in the making.

Please.