Barnsley - V - Wednesday OMDT

Guest Ferkorf

If we nick 3 points or a draw here its more than likely we wont see Barnsley for a season or more.

That means my streak of not losing to Barnsley since marrying my wife will continue plus it is my Barnsely supporting Father in Laws Birthday today. What a perfect day to ruin his life.

Im saying 1-1 in first half then our new lads Dazzle and flip the score into a 5-1 massacre!

Anyway its time for a few cheeky ones in the wombwell wetherspoons

36 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

If we nick 3 points or a draw here its more than likely we wont see Barnsley for a season or more.

That means my streak of not losing to Barnsley since marrying my wife will continue plus it is my Barnsely supporting Father in Laws Birthday today. What a perfect day to ruin his life.

Im saying 1-1 in first half then our new lads Dazzle and flip the score into a 5-1 massacre!

Anyway its time for a few cheeky ones in the wombwell wetherspoons

Ah, the love of a family knows no bounds.

Totally with you though, lets gut the barstewards!

Living and working outside the South Yorkshire bubble maybe I've mis-read the mood among fellow Wednesdayites. I don't/didnt feel that Monks position is under pressure. Taking a view over the last 3 or 4 years I thought there was realisation that legacy of poor management on and off the pitch has been a handicap and that it was going to take another summer to smooth things out. 

God only knows the Chairman has made bad decisions, but that seemed a decent transfer window (incoming anyhow). We were flying by the seat of our pants expecting Fletch to stay fit. 

As for freezing players out, I'm not entirely surprised at the main culprits. Big egos crossing a line which then undermines the manager, there should only be one winner. A change of culture is needed for better or worse, I'm sure Jos would have been thinking the same as he waited for his train down to St Pancras International.

C'mon Wednesday, make my beer taste better tonight.

2 hours ago, WindygrOWLer said:

A strangely accurate (and cutting) analysis of the undesirable traits of low self esteem. 

Without a hint of irony, do I get a prize for recognizing the picture of Narcissus? 

And lilies an all

• Haha 1

Quality post snoots, top class - This should be at the top of google. Compare this to all the total bullshiz articles the star are knocking out....

Buzzing about this one, finally some new blood upfront, hoping for high tempo game and loads of passion.. If that happens then we will completely destroy them. Owls 0-4 win. 

Despite their league position, Barnsley have lost only two of their last ten league games at Oakwell, so it's not going to be easy today.

The arrival of Wickham, Windass and Da Cruz have given me renewed optimism, though. We were doing well until Fletcher got injured, and inevitably struggled once Monk had to try and fashion an attack out of Nuhiu, Winnall and Rhodes. Now that we'll hopefully carry a consistent threat up top, we might just see a return to winning ways today.

Well snoots, I think during my owlstalk time I have been a half full, happy clapper, and whilst I admire your defence of the monk, and the difficulty of the task he faces, I can’t help but disagree. The problem lay at his feet, and he needs to sort it sharpish.