Barnsley - V - Wednesday OMDT

Brilliant as always snoots and I have to agree with you on the point of everyone was saying that Bruce needs time to fix the team but monk isn't afforded the same opportunity, sometimes I think some of our fans are happy to see us lose just so they could say I told you so, anyway I think we will win 3-1 uto 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Monk isn't the first manager to drop some fan favourites and he won't be the last. Christ, he's not the first to do it with this group of players in the last 18 months!

I think fans should've given JC more time. I know tactically he focussed a little too much on crosses, but he looked nailed on for a successful stint. What happened? The poor bloke ended up getting crucified.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Well said, Snoots.......we really need to give a manager some time to sort us out, for me Monk's not done much wrong(although if he plays Pelupessy tomorrow I could change my mind).

The 3 loanees proves to me he know's what we're lacking, so we should all try and support him or the managerial merry-go-round will never stop.

• Like 2

Excited by this one. Somehow feels like a new beginning. People seem to forget that we were creating and missing oodles of chances not that long ago. If our attacking players click, we could be in for an exciting second half to the season. 1-3. 

Or it could all go to shìt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 out of 10 to Lord snoots for his team; Main bone of contention is the ongoing internal row, Pele cat ? Probably win with Pele cat in the side but won't prove anything of substance in the short term. Players and manager must have mutual respect at the moment it's not there the manager has to take responsibility for that one.  Get it sorted !

WAWAW  OTU & DTB. COME ON WEDNESDAY GET WITH IT ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Samurai Blue said:

I think fans should've given JC more time. I know tactically he focussed a little too much on crosses, but he looked nailed on for a successful stint. What happened? The poor bloke ended up getting crucified.

" Theme for pi55 takes in case of dour boring game set "   lol

I won’t say brilliant Snoots as no doubt you would be unbearable to live with. 

As for the fragility of the fans , I agree with your theory that social media plays a part in that scenario... before Owlstalk, Twitter etc our opinions were confined to the odd phone in and the letters page in the Green ‘Un, now we can blast off to a much larger audience twice a day should we feel the need. I think that our passion and opinions ( and flakiness) are much the same as they were back in the 70’s and 80’s but in the era of the keyboard warrior everybody gets to hear about it !  

• Like 1

I'd like to see the same commitment and attitude we started to show v Millwall, important because Barnsley will be up for this game. 

I'd also like to see much more attacking threat and a more considered approach than lumping it forward to utilise the pace we have available now.

That said, Barnsley are a naive team at times, on a poor run and the points are there for the taking.

Big game for Bannon today after relatively poor performances. I've been critical of his positional play and taking easy options of late. Mowatt is a good player for them so can't concede the midfield, Barry needs to get on the ball and affect the game in the right areas further up the pitch. 

History suggests a score draw, but hope we see a performance today with the impetus of the new signings.

1-2 Wednesday 

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

Snooty, mi lord.

Probably one of the best posts I have genuinely read from you on here, ever.. 

I truly mean that. 

From the heart.  Can't disagree with a lot of what you say.  

But I do disagree with some points you make.  

I don't believe any Wednesday fan, genuinely wants to see us lose any game.  In fact many fans are sick of having to put up with the same ineptitude week in week out.  

Monk, stop creating division and bring the squad together.  That is what is needed right now.  Put the nonsense, the egos and all the rest of the boloks to bed.  We want results we want wins.  That is it.  Win a game of football.... That is what everything boils down to. 

Give the fans something to shout about. 

Anyways, I'm on baby duties.  :ghoulguy:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

People make their mind up about something and they want that prophecy to be fulfilled. It's almost as if a failure gives them the warm glow as it proves them right. A glow warmer than victory. For this is personal victory. One of self affirmation.

For Monk to do well would be for some people to be wrong. And the injury of that is too painful to bear.

It's hidden of course behind, wimpers of "I hope I'm wrong". But in reality that's just a face saver , false modesty incase he turns it around.

Many people these days though would rather be proved right - it's a soothing massage of the serfdom- than to see success of something they discredited. 

Image result for Narcissus

Even in circumstances that aren't of the managers doing...

"I always said he was a poo manager, and I've been proved right!"

A strangely accurate (and cutting) analysis of the undesirable traits of low self esteem. 

Without a hint of irony, do I get a prize for recognizing the picture of Narcissus? 

• Like 3