Barnsley - V - Wednesday OMDT

2 hours ago, Blatter said:

Well said Snoots. Good to hear a voice of reason after some of the hysterical rubbish posted on here this week. 
Bruce, who showed his true colours by walking out, was being allowed a lot more slack by our supporters than Monk.

Not sure why because Brucie’s recent managerial record was none too brilliant. Maybe it was because he was well practiced at appearing down to earth and at ease with the media. Whatever the reason, most appeared prepared to give him two or three transfer windows to sort out the squad. Monk is not being given the chance to show the effects of his first attempt at squad refreshment by many. 

Would the knives have been out in the same way for Bruce in the same circumstances? Don’t think so.

Yeah you are right mate. Playoff final season before he was sacked by villa.... what a awful manager. 

Remind me last time monk got a team promoted? 

Or achieved anything really? 

He was a poor appointment and is now showing his credentials. 

Lose today and we could be 10 points adrift of the playoffs. That's season over 

2 minutes ago, horny owl said:

This is why I’d have Bruce back tomorrow

Just our luck his boyhood club came knocking FFS

Bruce was our big chance 

That came and went........ 

We have been god awful this season under monk the football has been vile. 

I dont get these fans saying give him time give him time... to do what exactly? 

Fine tune his god awful hoof and hope long ball game. 

Not the man for the job, let him ride until end of season and make the change and let Garry add Wednesday to his long list of failures. 

2 hours ago, Blatter said:

Well said Snoots. Good to hear a voice of reason after some of the hysterical rubbish posted on here this week. 
Bruce, who showed his true colours by walking out, was being allowed a lot more slack by our supporters than Monk.

Not sure why because Brucie’s recent managerial record was none too brilliant. Maybe it was because he was well practiced at appearing down to earth and at ease with the media. Whatever the reason, most appeared prepared to give him two or three transfer windows to sort out the squad. Monk is not being given the chance to show the effects of his first attempt at squad refreshment by many. 

Would the knives have been out in the same way for Bruce in the same circumstances? Don’t think so.

If you have 4 promotions from the championship to your name then yes fans are sure to give you time. If you've achieved nothing then you'll get less slack. Harsh perhaps but its inevitable that, that is the way it will be.

3 minutes ago, SUPER OWLS O.K. said:

How dare 40 year old Garry Monk not have achieved as much in the game as 59 year old Steve Bruce.

What a cúnt.

Go on then I'll.bite 

And which of the 5 big jobs that monk has had has he been successful? 

He has a very poor track record of failure. 

Have we improved at all this season under monk? We are playing the worst brand of football i remember since Irvine! 

7 minutes ago, SUPER OWLS O.K. said:

How dare 40 year old Garry Monk not have achieved as much in the game as 59 year old Steve Bruce.

What a cúnt.

It’s not just about  achievements though. You could see what Bruce was looking to do and you could see the style of play he was trying to get us playing. The only thing monk has done so far is put me off going to games. I’ve watched some poor stuff during my my fifty years watching us but I’ve never stopped going. I’m at home today even though I had a ticket. I sold it because I just don’t want to spend a good wedge of money to feel depressed.