Cammy Dawson

14 hours ago, Stockyowl said:

Apart from one wayward clearance, ahem, was quality in commanding his box tonight, corners and crosses he was sharp off his line and dominant, also I see he has switched to half volleying when kicking from his hands which so far he seems a lot more consistent with than side volleying. Well done Cammy. 

Established as our number one keeper now. If he keeps up improving at the rate he is, he could be our keeper for the next decade. 

9 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

B*ll***s. Where I have I said that? Once again another clever tw@t reading something into one of my posts that’s not really there.

All I’m saying is Westwood is a proven goalkeeper who has been part of a side that’s finished in the the Top 6 twice. Has Dawson? No. So once again one of the many experts on here is what? No? Never? WRONG :tongue::ohmy::biggrin::blush::rolleyes::laugh:

Oh and you use the Blackburn game as an example. Didn’t we get d!ck5d 5-0 with Dawson in goal? :wacko:

So we should only play players who have finished in the top 6 before? Hopefully chansiri still has loovens, Wallace and hoopers phone numbers as it sounds like he will need them.

Just now, 83owl said:

So we should only play players who have finished in the top 6 before? Hopefully chansiri still has loovens, Wallace and hoopers phone numbers as it sounds like he will need them.

Once again where have I said that? My opinion is we have a better chance of finishing in the Top 6 with a proven goalkeeper which Westwood is undoubtedly is between the sticks. You obviously rate Dawson? I don’t. We’ll have to agree to disagree?

53 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Once again where have I said that? My opinion is we have a better chance of finishing in the Top 6 with a proven goalkeeper which Westwood is undoubtedly is between the sticks. You obviously rate Dawson? I don’t. We’ll have to agree to disagree?

Someone has disagreed with you agreeing to disagree 

Cant say I agree with it 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think there is a fine line between proven and past their best. In my opinion KW is past that line and his performances this season have proved this. 

We need to look forward not back, if we drop Dawson now as some fans are suggesting then he won’t sign a new contract and be off in the summer. We will be stuck with an ageing, injury prone error stricken keeper on +20k a week and any chance of developing a homegrown player further to either play for the club for a number of years or be sold for profit will be long gone.

14 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Actually no mate. He does the basics very well and is turning into a solid keeper.  If we keep the Westwood comparison out of this and judge Dawson just on how he’s done this season, then the answer is he’s done very well.

You've posted on here for years, thought you'd understand the "whoosh" concept by now, especially as you set it up so nicely in the first place! lol

3 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

You’d probably be bets not asking people to look over your posts again given the amount of sheite that’s in them 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ian said:

You’d probably be bets not asking people to look over your posts again given the amount of sheite that’s in them 

Coming from the Don of OT when it comes to spouting sheite, I take that as a compliment sir :happy:

20 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Yeah played well before that clearance. From the corner though he cane when he should have stayed, probably trying to make amends. 

All keepers are are capable of an error like that kick tonight though

Still rightfully our current number 1

Good job it wasn’t Westwood , he would have been slated to high heaven 

19 hours ago, McRightSide said:

I feel for him and was frustrated by him in equal measure.

Didn’t have too much to do but did everything right. Looked confident, dominant and capable.

Then does that. Got away with it, but needs to learn from it. 

How did he get away with it , it cost us a goal !! 

20 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I’m sure I’ll get told I’m on a manhunt again but he had absolutely nothing to do. Yes he did well on crosses but that’s his job. Will give him credit for that though as he was woeful at it last season.

His kicking however has gone backwards. Poor kicks all night and the less said about their one for the goal the better!

Not a man-Hunt at all. It should be noted he has directly cost goals in our last two games. Not a good habit for a goalkeeper to have. People who don’t understand the art of goalkeeping believe he was unlucky on the own goal against Blackburn. Actually he got a full hand on the initial shot. Once he had done that, it should have been pushed wide. He wasn’t strong enough and only pushed it on to the post. 

Looks like he could be our future. So he needs to learn from these mistakes, not be semi- applauded for them. 

I tend to judge a keeper not by how busy they are and the saves they make (all pro keepers are good at making saves) but by how well the execute the work they are required to do - no matter how significant (or otherwise that work is) - and how few mistakes they make...again, no matter how small they may seem (footwork, starting position, decision making etc)

In recent times his groundwork has been shaky but he’s cleaned that up, and he has struggled under the high ball. Last night he tackled that really well. That’s why it was just a shame that he effed up so badly at the end.

Havimg said all that, I do agree somewhat with the post above. He was poor against BRFC (who wasn’t) and could have done better on a couple of occasions, and then gifted them a goal last night...so he’s far from the finished article.

I have no doubt in his ability...my nagging doubt is if he can handle first team football at this level for a sustained period of time (like until the end of the season) or whether he needs to build that capability at a lower level on loan.

Given how the last two games have gone, I think over the next month we’ll see how ready he is to be our #1. But I feel a little more reassured than I did 6 weeks ago

Edited by McRightSide

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, Pale Rider said:

Not a man-Hunt at all. It should be noted he has directly cost goals in our last two games. Not a good habit for a goalkeeper to have. People who don’t understand the art of goalkeeping believe he was unlucky on the own goal against Blackburn. Actually he got a full hand on the initial shot. Once he had done that, it should have been pushed wide. He wasn’t strong enough and only pushed it on to the post. 

Looks like he could be our future. So he needs to learn from these mistakes, not be semi- applauded for them. 

Totally agree. I do actually like Dawson but there is a lot of work before he becomes the keeper everybody wants. Technically he was poor on the first Rovers goal too as it should have been palmed over the bar. Unfortunately everyone knows how much I rate Westwood so every time I open my mouth about Dawson I get hammered!!

2 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Totally agree. I do actually like Dawson but there is a lot of work before he becomes the keeper everybody wants. Technically he was poor on the first Rovers goal too as it should have been palmed over the bar. Unfortunately everyone knows how much I rate Westwood so every time I open my mouth about Dawson I get hammered!!

not much between either of them to be fair but dawson should get better and westwood wont …...westwood as done well for us but his time as gone so now is the time to back his successor. .