9 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Yea, I agree.......................................BUT

I'd backed us to win 2 -0.

BLOODY DAWSON !!!lol

I had us to win and both teams to score so hes my hero lol

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, the monk said:

He kicks a ball like the non footballing kid at school 

Last week he had a simple punt down the field to make and he managed to spoon it straight up in the air 

Is will bite us on the Harris one day 

He’s the most 2 footed player we have in the team......by a mile

10 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

.........he had absolutely nothing to do.

.....Yes he did well on crosses but that’s his job.

I’m intrigued what crosses he did well on given that you say he had absolutely nothing to do?

10 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

If he's unsure about kicking out of hands, then keep it on floor as accuracy tends to be better with all keepers.

What on earth are you on about......the only reason he (and most others) ever kicks it out of his hands is due to the presence of an opposition player around him.......are you suggesting that he should still drop the ball to the floor irrespective of the situation?

10 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Are you on about tonight or in general? Most of the time at Hillsborough he often struggles to get much beyond halfway and rarely goes within 10 yards of his intended target.

Not only is your, struggles to get past the halfway line comment complete fiction, I’d love to know how you know what his intended target is?

to me it often looks like he is told to aim wide....Fletcher, Winnall and quite often Fox seem to be the intended targets and will take up a position out wide, in which case the target area is quite small

im pretty sure that he could smash 10/10 kicks straight down the middle of the pitch well over the halfway line if needed,,,,,but that’s not what is required 

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Not only is your, struggles to get past the halfway line comment complete fiction, I’d love to know how you know what his intended target is?

to me it often looks like he is told to aim wide....Fletcher, Winnall and quite often Fox seem to be the intended targets and will take up a position out wide, in which case the target area is quite small

im pretty sure that he could smash 10/10 kicks straight down the middle of the pitch well over the halfway line if needed,,,,,but that’s not what is required 

(If you ignore yesterday)... almost every time he ends up leathering it straight down the middle from a passback to behind his 6 yard line, the ball ends up bouncing pretty much on the halfway line. It's something I've noticed when trying to judge his kicking distance. By that logic, a standard edge of the box "HOOF" is landing somewhere about halfway between the opposition D (oo-er) and edge of centre circle in their half. Equally, most of his goalkicks to the halfway line end up bouncing just pretty much on the halfway line. If you think about the distance the ball traveled being reduced because of the angle... again, his kick is hitting the opponent's edge of the centre circle. I don't get this idea where people say his kicking doesn't go far.

As for his consistency from goalkicks at least landing within a 10-12 yard square on the pitch... again, at the very least his kicking from when he's set and ready is very good. Surely? 

Guest Grez Bez

Dawsons poor kicking is one of those Owlstalk myths that somebody posts once then it's taken as gospel by people who can't use their own eyes. Things change.

Maybe our outfield players should stop passing it back to Dawson so many times when it’s completely unnecessary and actually take some responsibility on the ball themselves.

Im not suggesting that was to blame for the goal last night but we seem to play it back to the keeper so many times... it’s frustrating 

1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

Remember when you all told me Wildsmoth was the better prospect a few years ago?

:duntmatter:

Lets be honest Wildsmith did look the better prospect not that long ago. He may still be but at the moment Dawson’s got the shirt. I still think regardless of everything that’s going off, if we are serious about a promotion push anytime soon neither Dawson or Wildsmith are the answer as both will cost us crucial points as they learn the game.

And before anyone starts I know Westwood hasn’t been at his best this season but you’d back us more to finish Top 6 with Westwood in the side rather than Dawson or Wildsmith.

• Haha 1

He played fine last night, was confident in his catching and made some decent routine saves.

In this day and age of not been able to pick up the ball its only a question of time before you mistime a pass and you give away a goal, happens to the very best of goalkeepers.

Hope that the management team don't dwell on it and that Dawson doesn't either. Not worth worrying about or to use against him.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, Ian said:

I’m intrigued what crosses he did well on given that you say he had absolutely nothing to do?

I meant nothing to do as in shot stopping. He did collect a few crosses which is good to see.

2 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Lets be honest Wildsmith did look the better prospect not that long ago. He may still be but at the moment Dawson’s got the shirt. I still think regardless of everything that’s going off, if we are serious about a promotion push anytime soon neither Dawson or Wildsmith are the answer as both will cost us crucial points as they learn the game.

And before anyone starts I know Westwood hasn’t been at his best this season but you’d back us more to finish Top 6 with Westwood in the side rather than Dawson or Wildsmith.

Ah the old of they’re not in the side they must be better than what we have argument. You must have missed the Swansea, West Brom, Fulham, Millwall, Blackburn and reading matches. 

16 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Ah the old of they’re not in the side they must be better than what we have argument. You must have missed the Swansea, West Brom, Fulham, Millwall, Blackburn and reading matches. 

B*ll***s. Where I have I said that? Once again another clever tw@t reading something into one of my posts that’s not really there.

All I’m saying is Westwood is a proven goalkeeper who has been part of a side that’s finished in the the Top 6 twice. Has Dawson? No. So once again one of the many experts on here is what? No? Never? WRONG :tongue::ohmy::biggrin::blush::rolleyes::laugh:

Oh and you use the Blackburn game as an example. Didn’t we get d!ck5d 5-0 with Dawson in goal? :wacko:

Edited by Great Big Galaa
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ian said:

I'm pretty sure you are wrong as any time he is put under any sort of pressure at all this doesn't happen. 

I mean, as has been commented on a few times on here, he completely changed his kicking style in the game last night, if his kicking wasn't an issue, why would he even contemplate doing that?