Cammy Dawson

13 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

Ive never been totally comfortable with him but honestly im over it and he is shining.

Played really well tonight on crosses/corners, if we hadnt have been 2 up he wouldve been hounded for this one mistake.

Happy to forget it.  Definitely not a disaster if Westwood was taken off payroll.

Last minutes aside.

I actually think that’s the most assured he’s been for us.

20 minutes ago, Stockyowl said:

OK, didn't have nothing to do. 

Saw him come for several corners and dealt with everyone at ease, this gives the back 4 such reassurance. Then came for a difficult whipped in cross, start of 2nd half that he claimed about 10 yards out. At Leeds away, in a strong wind, he experimented with a half volley distribution, which he then did again against Blackburn last week. All points to a keeper who is growing and evolving with experience. 

He's doing OK and deserves his chance as number one but that goal sums up his kicking as a whole, he needs to keep experimenting and working on it because it is pretty woeful most of the time.

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Last minutes aside.

I actually think that’s the most assured he’s been for us.

He kicked a couple out of touch down the right in 2nd half which frustrated people as it gave them the ball back but yeah, its minor.

Even in defeat hes dependable where i think he would previously flap.

The gloves are his to lose now,hes grown into the role as the seasons progressed,he can improve his kicking,any sport is about focus on your weakspots and improving.

Some credit must go to Westwood here as hes worked with Cammy and passed on his knowledge which is great to hear

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

If he's unsure about kicking out of hands, then keep it on floor as accuracy tends to be better with all keepers.

His kicking off the ground is generally pretty poor too, sounds like it was generally better tonight but you can't ignore the goal just because it didn't end up affecting the result.

3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I thought most of his kicking is good and he gets a good distance and usually down the middle for our advance man to get on to.

He knows what he did wrong tonight with the late kick and will learn from it. Got no qualms about him staying as our No1 keeper.

Presumably its Monks instructions but i like the fact that there is rarely any faffing playing out of the back. Get it it up the field and it puts pressure on the other team.

Are you on about tonight or in general? Most of the time at Hillsborough he often struggles to get much beyond halfway and rarely goes within 10 yards of his intended target.

Guest Grez Bez
2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Are you on about tonight or in general? Most of the time at Hillsborough he often struggles to get much beyond halfway and rarely goes within 10 yards of his intended target.

That's bullshit

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Didnt see much wrong tonight.

Glad to hear it, hope it continues, as I say he deserves to be in the team but he has basic things to improve upon.

3 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

That's bullshit

His kicking at home games gets me so frustrated and it's not just me, plenty around me feel the same.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, Utah Owl said:

You're on a manhunt again!

Actually no mate. He does the basics very well and is turning into a solid keeper.  If we keep the Westwood comparison out of this and judge Dawson just on how he’s done this season, then the answer is he’s done very well.

7 hours ago, Weshallovercome said:

Great interview that for a young lad.

Decent interview yes, but He’s 25 in July.

Hardly a young lad, only a couple of years younger than Reach, Odubajo and Fox

It’s why he now has to be playing. Either here or elsewhere

Edited by McRightSide

9 hours ago, S1Owl said:

Like the idea of rotating keepers, no permanent number 1. Dawson a few weeks then Westwood a few weeks or game by game. Keeps them on their toes 

You make it sound so simple. I wouldn't want to be in a defence where you're constantly changing keeper. We need consistency for once.

Both our keepers struggle on distribution. But the issue is not so much with the keepers as with the team. The keeper can kick long into their half, sure, but by and large we have ceded possession. I don't mind that so much when I go to watch Matlock Town but we need something a little more creative in the Championship