Will monk have the gonads to

I thought the team we put out yesterday looked very well balanced, and everybody played their part to a tee. Pelupessy especially had a great game.

in fact I never felt Brighton would score we looked that solid. The new kid on the right had a brilliant game and gave Iorfa the time and confidence to boss it at the back

• Like 1

Guest everydays_wednesday
13 hours ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

Love the new young lads enthusiasm but he cant play next week, it's a completely different game.

I think someone said the same about Rashford when he first played :-)

i wouldn't complain if he played and was given a chance.

19 minutes ago, OasisOwl72 said:

If, as seems likely, Fletcher is out it has to be the 4-1-4-1 used at Brighton or 3 central midfielders as some look at it. 

Dawson

Iorfa

Lees

Borner

Fox

Hutchinson (between back 4 and 4 across midfield)

Reach

Luongo

Bannan

Harris

Nuhiu

Like him or not in the absence of Fletcher Nuhiu is the best option playing 1 up top. 

Why is he ? 

He doesnt hold the ball up particularly well ,hes immobile, he gives away free kicks for fun ,he cant jump  and he doesnt score .

What does he do ?

11 hours ago, hugeowl said:

lolor Lee 

The Lee Hutchinson Bannan midfield project has been in progress for the best part of 5 seasons. It ain't exactly bearing any fruit. Take off your rise tinted glasses and throw the sentiment to one side. Look around and see that other teams have moved on by having better footballers. I guess you still think they are good enough for the Premier League. If they were then that's where they would be playing their trade. They aren't. At best they are average Championship players.

13 hours ago, gillyno9 said:

Did pelupessy play today? I watched game on Facebook but can’t actually remember seeing joey

Aye, he was the one that kept their £17m man quiet till they subbed him off. 

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Luongo if fit has to be one of the first names on the teamsheet. I would expect Bannan to come back in but long term a midfield 3 is probably the way Monk will go as he finds players either from outside or inside the club who are suited to it.

12 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Luongo if fit has to be one of the first names on the teamsheet. I would expect Bannan to come back in but long term a midfield 3 is probably the way Monk will go as he finds players either from outside or inside the club who are suited to it.

I think it suits the back 4 and all of our midfielders. 

The case is I'm not sure it suits any of our forwards who all seem to work better with a partner. 

But that's been the case for 4 years.

11 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I think it suits the back 4 and all of our midfielders. 

The case is I'm not sure it suits any of our forwards who all seem to work better with a partner. 

But that's been the case for 4 years.

In terms of the forwards, chances are that it may well be the end of the line for most of them if not all here come the end of the season?

14 hours ago, jrh said:

I'd play with Bannan, Lee and Luongo. Yes none of them may be the stereotypical sitting defender that people obsess about but I think they would be the best 3. They all have great engines and are intelligent footballers who can make interceptions or nick the ball from the opponents and then actually keep it and make forward thinking passes to help create and get amongst the goals. 

If Palmer is still injured, I wouldn't be against seeing Hutchinson deployed at right back either. 

I think it would be a good shout. Bannan does drop deep anyway  and can play that deep role. He can then pick out his forward passes to a wider selection of players in front of him.

All three are intelligent enough to know when to run forward and when to sit in. 

2 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

The Lee Hutchinson Bannan midfield project has been in progress for the best part of 5 seasons. It ain't exactly bearing any fruit. Take off your rise tinted glasses and throw the sentiment to one side. Look around and see that other teams have moved on by having better footballers. I guess you still think they are good enough for the Premier League. If they were then that's where they would be playing their trade. They aren't. At best they are average Championship players.

Spot on Ronnie. Been saying the same thing for a while. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JOCOWl said:

Surely on £20k per week they must all be able to do the basics of run, tackle and pass between them with different roles positionally, some better than others.... so they should have sufficient ability to make it work? 

The takes about 'they're earning X amount, therefore they should be able to play any role possible' are genuinely some of the worst things about our fans

4 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Problem is they’ve been played as part of a four man midfield in a 4-4-2; hardly ever as a three. When they were (v Arsenal) it worked brilliantly but never to be repeated at least under Carlos.

Having said that I’d like to see Hutchinson moved back into defence and play a central midfield three of Luongo, Bannan and Lee.

17 hours ago, peacock1961 said:

Or put another way, another four year's of failure. You know what I am getting at. The team today only had Lee from the play off final. No bannan, hutch, Lees, Westwood, palmer, nuhui or FF. Coincidence maybe? 

Ridiculous to say Bannan isn't good enough because he's been part of a squad that hasn't gone up. Presumably Lee should be dropped too as he's also part of the failure?

10 hours ago, Morepork said:

Absolutely. 

As an aside, I must say I've been baffled by some of the stick aimed at the absent Bazza......(shakes head). Today showed us there's more than one way to skin the proverbial cat, it was no reflection on Bannan's ability. 

I'll never understand the stick Bannan gets on here. Our stand out player for the last 4 seasons and one of the best in the the league. Every opposition manager and pundit highlights his quality but owlstalk posters always seem to want to see him dropped or sold. Bizarre. 

1 hour ago, PuntItLikeDielna said:

The takes about 'they're earning X amount, therefore they should be able to play any role possible' are genuinely some of the worst things about our fans

Not saying they should be able to play any role as in upfront or in the net. I'm saying they should be able to play CM whether that be a more attacking CM or more defensive. But yes, horrible fans, how dare they demand decent performances and a little flexibility.