Will monk have the gonads to

Stick to today's formation and midfield 3 , because if I was one of that midfield today and was dropped for one of the untouchable duo next league game I'd be livid. I've got form for revving up against how Bannan and hutch play and hold us back but today's performance was outstanding, doing different stuff, pressing, fighting for each other. Outstanding today and after the last couple of weeks I have my faith back. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

Stick to today's formation and midfield 3 , because if I was one of that midfield today and was dropped for one of the untouchable duo next league game I'd be livid. I've got form for revving up against how Bannan and hutch play and hold us back but today's performance was outstanding, doing different stuff, pressing, fighting for each other. Outstanding today and after the last couple of weeks I have my faith back. 

Love the new young lads enthusiasm but he cant play next week, it's a completely different game.

21 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

I've not seen today's game so have to go on my gut feel and that would be to put  BB in for Joey in terms of centre mid. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’ve always thought 3 in midfield is the way forward. 

How did Kieran Lee get on today? 

I mentioned in an earlier post that it's good to see him get a run and hopefully get close to the form he enjoyed a coupe of years ago. Hope he's played well. In the words of keegan.. I would love it, love it if he could. 

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’ve always thought 3 in midfield is the way forward. 

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

How did Kieran Lee get on today? 

He did great Sal. Much more like his old self. 

Lee - 8-  Absolutely delighted to see this lad back in the team, in the right set up and in the right position. He moves the ball quickly, he's got an eye for danger and gets so many vital nicks and foots when breaking it up. He's always aware where his team mates are around him too and is the rare breed of footballer that understands the peaks and troughs. Understands the rhythm of a game. When to go quick with the pass and when to slow it. With Pelupessy and Luongo I thought he was superb.

• Like 2

He’s had the gonads to play a midfield three loads of times and if Luongo didn’t keep getting injured then the others might not seem untouchable, but yeah it will be interesting to see what he does. Not like we’ve got enough decent strikers to play one upfront with Fletcher out never mind two.

• Thanks 1

I'd play with Bannan, Lee and Luongo. Yes none of them may be the stereotypical sitting defender that people obsess about but I think they would be the best 3. They all have great engines and are intelligent footballers who can make interceptions or nick the ball from the opponents and then actually keep it and make forward thinking passes to help create and get amongst the goals. 

If Palmer is still injured, I wouldn't be against seeing Hutchinson deployed at right back either. 

3 in midfield works as long as Luongo plays.  Need that extra energy and the willingness to drive forward and go beyond the striker.  Our midfield sits far too deep at times. 

Be good if we could keep him fit, proper player. 

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's not about 'gonads'; it's about picking the team which gives us the best chance of beating Leeds.

For my money, Bannan will be a part of that.

Or put another way, another four year's of failure. You know what I am getting at. The team today only had Lee from the play off final. No bannan, hutch, Lees, Westwood, palmer, nuhui or FF. Coincidence maybe? 

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313

Can’t believe there are some people who think Pelupessy is better for the team than Bannan lol

Brighton were poor today, and they made loads of changes. We’ve basically just beaten a bottom half prem teams reserves, not to take anything away from a decent performance 

As for Bannan and Hutchinson not being able to play together, pretty sure those two were centre mid when we went 12 unbeaten when Bruce came in. The tactics are the problem as those two have an inclination to sit too deep.. get them more aggressive on the front foot and there’s no issue

7 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Can’t believe there are some people who think Pelupessy is better for the team than Bannan lol

Brighton were poor today, and they made loads of changes. We’ve basically just beaten a bottom half prem teams reserves, not to take anything away from a decent performance 

As for Bannan and Hutchinson not being able to play together, pretty sure those two were centre mid when we went 12 unbeaten when Bruce came in. The tactics are the problem as those two have an inclination to sit too deep.. get them more aggressive on the front foot and there’s no issue

Don't think anyone is arguing that Pelupessy is a better footballer than Bannan. Merely that the role he played today allowed Lee and Luongo to do what they're best at. 

• Like 1