How much more of a team do we look

Why keep it simple when you have a BB in your side who can hit Hollywood balls whenever he wants.

BB relies on mobile players making themselves available for a pass.

Without Lee or FF, we have lost those darting runs that were the hallmark of this team in CCs first year.

BBs stagnation imo is down the complete lack of mobility this side now has in the final 3rd..apart from the odd Fletch/BB combo.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Without bannan? :ph34r:

not sitting ridiculously deep. Different ideas for set pieces, midfielders in their rightful positions 

tin hat on 

No Alamo at the end and silly free kicks from sliding tackles either.

I think it’s more shape/formation than just blaming bannan but do agree he plays too deep, when we play 442, whoever plays alongside Fletcher isn’t good enough and the midfield 4 don’t get anywhere near the front 2 . With what we’ve got id prefer to play 5 in midfield and use FF ( if he ever gets ) to get in and around fletcher, until we overhaul the squad in the summer

not sitting ridiculously deep. Different ideas for set pieces, midfielders in their rightful positions 

tin hat on 

So you think playing a central 3 has nothing to do with it ? 

Or with Fletcher back leading the line like nobody else at the club can do ? 

Whilst I get what the OP is saying to an extent is there any other fanbase that does what we do on a regular basis?....ie as soon as a talented game changing player becomes a fan favourite (Brunt, Antonio,Forestieri, Bannan) its like there is a section that just can`t wait to start picking holes and put the knife in.

Already in this thread he has been called a "luxury player" and "wee billy big Boll***s" , and whilst he is not immune to the odd bad display, looking back over the last 2 years I have lost count of the number of times we have stank the place out as a team and he has been virtually the ONLY player on the pitch wearing an owl on his chest that has looked remotely like he gives a f***.

The fact of the matter is (ref the OP) we look better with a midfield 3 rather than a two, and if we are picking our best 3 midfielders and anyone is suggesting that BB isnt one of them then I despair.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, sheriwozgod said:

Whilst I get what the OP is saying to an extent is there any other fanbase that does what we do on a regular basis?....ie as soon as a talented game changing player becomes a fan favourite (Brunt, Antonio,Forestieri, Bannan) its like there is a section that just can`t wait to start picking holes and put the knife in.

Already in this thread he has been called a "luxury player" and "wee billy big Boll***s" , and whilst he is not immune to the odd bad display, looking back over the last 2 years I have lost count of the number of times we have stank the place out as a team and he has been virtually the ONLY player on the pitch wearing an owl on his chest that has looked remotely like he gives a f***.

The fact of the matter is (ref the OP) we look better with a midfield 3 rather than a two, and if we are picking our best 3 midfielders and anyone is suggesting that BB isnt one of them then I despair.

Here Here. 

19 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Prefer to concentrate on how good the lads that played in the middle were today.

Pelupessy, Luongo and Lee were terrific and disciplined in giving us the platform today.

That’s exactly what this thread is about!!! But it’s seems people are contempt on starting rubbish 

12 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Several times now we have played better without him. He is a luxury player.

How many games has he missed prior to today? 

The league game at Blackburn where we barely strung 2 passes together was one.......

tin hat on 

He needs using slightly differently and managing.

At the minute he does what he wants.

Guest LittleG

tin hat on 

Different formation with extra man in midfield today made the difference plus Hutch not standing next to our centre backs. 

Guest LittleG
8 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Totally agree

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

4-3-3. It works.

Spot on. This is why the shape worked today. Reach given some freedom, Lee and Luongo add some quality with room to play and both overlap, and Fletch plays that central role as well as anyone with the right players around him. Bazza in a 3 is also a better player and he doesn’t ruin the shape.  I don’t understand the clamour for a 442 unless it’s a team like Boro that can’t defend crosses. Most teams in the championship have 2 thugs at ch so the trick is to use the channels  

30 minutes ago, fingyfop said:

Because we have managed it without Bannan before, he only gets dragged too deep consistently when playing with Hutchinson.

Most of the time he sends it long he has no simple options for 15 yard forward passes or the like, our movement in attack is very limited.

He doesn’t do it just when hutch is playing, Bannan drops deep every time he’s on the pitch, regardless of whose partnering him.

The whole point of the post was to praise today’s team for looking more gelled and intricate, but a lot of posters just misinterpret or are gagging for an argument 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, fingyfop said:

Most of the time he sends it long he has no simple options for 15 yard forward passes or the like,

Because as a creative / attacking midfielder Bannan should be providing simple options for 15 yard forward passes for the centre backs or defensive midfielders not dropping deep and filling their space