How much more of a team do we look

16 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

we played 15 yards higher, had nice one touch passing between the midfielders, something we never achieve with Bannan. We played with more structure, more unity and played with a higher tempo.

That’s simply not true. We sat with good shape in our own half anytime Brighton has possession and then picked them off with the tireless running of Reach,  Murphy and Luongo. 

I can agree that Massimo brings some different to our midfield but suggesting we played higher up the pitch yesterday is utter rubbish. We picked our moments to press, much like any other game, and at times that was done in their defensive third. 

The biggest impact to our shape/performance was having the extra man in midfield not the absence of Bannan. 

BB would only have added to an excellent midfield display yesterday. 

Bannan is suffering on here because Morgan Fox is doing well. The focus of bile needs directing somewhere. Nuhui is old news and Murphy hasn’t been here quite long enough. 

6 weeks out of the team and Bannan would reclaim hero status from the genius FF. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Bannan is suffering on here because Morgan Fox is doing well. The focus of bile needs directing somewhere. Nuhui is old news and Murphy hasn’t been here quite long enough. 

6 weeks out of the team and Bannan would reclaim hero status from the genius FF. 

I think that’s unfair on this thread. There’s no ‘bile’ directed at BB. I think the vast majority recognise his skill, it’s just a debate as to where he fits in the side and if we need him to play for us to be successful. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Essix Blue said:

I think that’s unfair on this thread. There’s no ‘bile’ directed at BB. I think the vast majority recognise his skill, it’s just a debate as to where he fits in the side and if we need him to play for us to be successful. 

Like slamming my head against a wall this thread. I think only a few have read it in its context 

Bannan is probably our best midfielder, heck he might be our best player these days...

But there is something to be said for how him playing in a two (particularly with Hutch) inhibits the team. 

Firstly, I prefer BB and Luongo as a partnership. I'd also like to see Bannan used higher up the pitch, so a switch to a three in midfield might achieve that.

The majorly pleasing thing yesterday is others had to step up. They couldn't just pass it to Bannan and hope he comes up with something.

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Bannan is probably our best midfielder, heck he might be our best player these days...

But there is something to be said for how him playing in a two (particularly with Hutch) inhibits the team. 

Firstly, I prefer BB and Luongo as a partnership. I'd also like to see Bannan used higher up the pitch, so a switch to a three in midfield might achieve that.

The majorly pleasing thing yesterday is others had to step up. They couldn't just pass it to Bannan and hope he comes up with something.

Pretty much spot on

15 hours ago, 109Waddle said:

Such a pointless thread. Bannan is a class act, but won’t be on form every game, as with other players. Different formations and personnel will be used throughout the season to beat different opposition or when things have gone stale or aren’t working. I don’t get the obsession with having to single out players. We’re a team, a squad, a collective.

end of thread

6 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

It's the way of the world. No matter what the subject is a lot of people have become so bigoted that they believe that you have to be either really really for some something, or really really against it. No middle ground,  it's like dealing with children.

Edited by DobbinTheDonkey
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

It's the way of the world. No matter what the subject is a lot of people have become so bigoted that they believe that you have to be either really really for some something, or really really against it. No middle ground,  it's like dealing with children.

Well said, Bannan can be/is a sensational player for us and when we control the ball there are few in this league who can do what he does. Conversely, when we are not controlling the ball and being overrun he can be a bit lightweight. He can be a genius and also a passenger. 

Surely the point of having more than 11 players is to pick the best 11 for any given circumstance. 

• Like 1