BREAKING - Club Statement

3 hours ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

The multi year season tickets was my red flag.

Yep that was ill thought out and a big mistake imo.

But i would think the reasoning behind it was to generate as much cash as possible in the shortest time possible, to try and keep the efl/ ffp at bay. We had to get promoted within 4 yrs.

It didn't happen and we are where we are.

If he had bothered asking me first, i could have told him it wouldn' t work. We would never sell in the numbers required.

I don't think he had ulterior motives. I don't believe he needed the cash personally.  Just a panic bad plan. Though why the marketing people didn't advise against is strange...or maybe they did and he chose to ignore.

2 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Typical owlstalk crap by people who know fluck all

Give over OT has a cunning plan coming up to save the club and sail her in to Premier waters.  We just need a few hundred more threads with a least hundred  pages each to discuss the finer details and we will have it sorted, relax its all in good hands.

OT to the rescue.

1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

what on earth are you on about? I have said for years before even Chansiri came our commercial team were crap, what shall I just say fizz it no one is good enough to do their job properly?  

I also warned how forward selling season tickets would put off potential future owners too, and it will. 

we were bad before Chansiri on that side now we are propped up purely by his money. 

one things for sure I mentioned a couple of times posters goi g around in circles and you will have me doing that for days asking the same things over and over and then going around again we have done this dozens of times already, so will let you argue with yourself on this one, not goi g to cover old ground again. 

It’s nothing to do with the commercial team, we aren’t a big draw for your so called key sponsors.

Your second point only applies if he decides to sell in the next 2-3 years, there’s no indication of that.

37 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

mate thing is it sounds like I am constantly blocking people. lol fact is I stuck up for a few posters a while back because a group of posters on here were constantly battering them, I didn’t like it, I didn’t agree with the posters either but it was just constant personal digs so I decided to cal, them out on it. 
hence the bombardment on me, they managed to have enough digs at me for a reaction and I was nearly banned, hence why I block certain posters because I don’t want to see it constantly and get into another spat about people not needing to act like dicks. 

it really is that simple just be nice, we can all have different views but no need to be a cheeky monkey to people really. 

Can’t argue with a word of that. 

21 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

As I’ve stated before, the EFL have the power to suspend our promotion. 

Here’s a question.......

Has anyone ever been promoted to the EPL whilst charges are outstanding against them from the EFL? I can’t imagine for one minute the EFL would allow that to happen

We'ren't Leicester in big trouble? They got promoted and there was nothing the EFL could do as the PL don't really work with the EFL. 

Lots of people saying a points deduction could carry over but I'm almost certain that the EFL are powerless once promotion achieved. Wolves have avoided FFP sanctions too.

1 minute ago, briggowl said:

We'ren't Leicester in big trouble? They got promoted and there was nothing the EFL could do as the PL don't really work with the EFL. 

Lots of people saying a points deduction could carry over but I'm almost certain that the EFL are powerless once promotion achieved. Wolves have avoided FFP sanctions too.

Didn't Swindon Town have a financial problem?

58 minutes ago, prowl said:

I don't see him keeping the ground and renting it back to us as a problem

And that’s the way bad decisions get rationalised. Creeping steps. 

Likewise with our other travails. What would have been questionable things a few years ago - ticket prices; battles with Radio Sheffield, the EFL and SAG; treatment of sponsors; kit delays; embargo all get accepted by a large chunk of fans. I dare say a points deduction will be next. 

Guest Kameron

QPR is the president, the arbitration panel found in favour of the EFL and the lost the appeal in the courts too, the EFL now have more powers than they did then when they issued a record fine. 

1 minute ago, Kameron said:

QPR is the president, the arbitration panel found in favour of the EFL and the lost the appeal in the courts too, the EFL now have more powers than they did then when they issued a record fine. 

Check the numbers with qpr before spouting she ite.

7 minutes ago, briggowl said:

Didn’t someone post something earlier that said the rules have changed and promotion is no longer a way of evading EFL sanctions? 

4 minutes ago, briggowl said:

I don’t think anything is 100% clear at the moment what when and if things go against us , as Monk says all we can do is the best we can on the pitch as other things are in other people’s hands 

same applies to fans , we cannot influence anything at this stage apart from supporting the team and hoping that we have our arses covered legally 

• Like 1

If you had said when MM was our owner that the bloke he would eventually sell the club to would sell Hillsborough, there would have been universal outrage and condemnation that MM would sell us to such an irresponsible owner after saving us from the brink.

It is truly extraordinary to me that any Sheffield Wednesday fan shrugs their shoulders at this.

4 minutes ago, Kameron said:

OPR aren't the president, they're not even prime minister, nor does their case hold any relevance to ours other than the process.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Didn’t someone post something earlier that said the rules have changed and promotion is no longer a way of evading EFL sanctions? 

They did , so I don’t know if Villa getting promoted helps or hinders our situation 

11 minutes ago, briggowl said:

Lots of people saying a points deduction could carry over but I'm almost certain that the EFL are powerless once promotion achieved. Wolves have avoided FFP sanctions too.

No mate, the rules have changed. 

On 28/12/2019 at 21:22, kobayashi said:

How many football grounds are in the right location? To name just a few Anfield, Goodison Park, Old Trafford, Elland Rd, Villa Park are not on the middle of their cities and are not situated in what would be considered thriving areas.

My point is that if you don’t have on field success over a prolonged period or have a large catchment area (Examples above, including 2 of the biggest clubs in world football), then you need more to gain the additional revenue streams and Ground location and the surrounding area must come into that.