BREAKING - Club Statement

4 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

and here it is in print......

0E041147-2AA6-49C4-BEE4-B18E4E527365.jpeg

Is this not what happened with QPR?

I think the key is the timings if we end up being bound by any outcome. So, if we fail in arbitration and at any appeal on the charges, if found guilty, we could be looking at a points deduction. 

The EFL will know this, and they will therefore, have to conclude all the above by the end of April - four months! 

If not, the EFL will be faced with an unprecedented clusterfec with a member who's qualified for the play offs who's now going to be disqualified and moved to mid-table because of a points deduction. 

My view is they don't have the time, or seemingly the infrastructure to do all this. Therefore, I think the likely outcome, if found guilty will be a fine. This gets both the EFL and SWFC off any messy litigation hook and the EFL will amend their 'rules' to stop it happening again. We will no doubt appeal the fine amount, and presumably will be able to defer until we are next in the Championship. Hopefully by that time the rules will have changed or the EFL no longer exist or control the championship.

1 hour ago, kobayashi said:

Possibly because after the best part of 30 years in accounting, finance and business management it is something I understand...unlike some. However like most I have no particular expertise  on football and footballers but unlike many don’t generally feel the need to exhibit that fact.

Don't mark your own homework.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Frazzlebeak said:

Didn’t affect Villa tho’

1 minute ago, Animis said:

Is this not what happened with QPR?

I think the key is the timings if we end up being bound by any outcome. So, if we fail in arbitration and at any appeal on the charges, if found guilty, we could be looking at a points deduction. 

The EFL will know this, and they will therefore, have to conclude all the above by the end of April - four months! 

If not, the EFL will be faced with an unprecedented clusterfec with a member who's qualified for the play offs who's now going to be disqualified and moved to mid-table because of a points deduction. 

My view is they don't have the time, or seemingly the infrastructure to do all this. Therefore, I think the likely outcome, if found guilty will be a fine. This gets both the EFL and SWFC off any messy litigation hook and the EFL will amend their 'rules' to stop it happening again. We will no doubt appeal the fine amount, and presumably will be able to defer until we are next in the Championship. Hopefully by that time the rules will have changed or the EFL no longer exist or control the championship.

The rules have changed. Recently. 

I think it could be forward planning, alot of players out of contract at end of season, GM may have a good idea who he wants to keep, if any  and a list of targets he wants to bring in. If some of these targets require a fee, January might be the best option to bring them in before any possible punishment is handed out which will be a points deduction and possible embargos. Plus it could enhance our promotion chances and even if we started with a points deduction in the premiership the money including failure payments would set us up nicely for the foreseeable. 

2 minutes ago, gizowl said:

I think it could be forward planning, alot of players out of contract at end of season, GM may have a good idea who he wants to keep, if any  and a list of targets he wants to bring in. If some of these targets require a fee, January might be the best option to bring them in before any possible punishment is handed out which will be a points deduction and possible embargos. Plus it could enhance our promotion chances and even if we started with a points deduction in the premiership the money including failure payments would set us up nicely for the foreseeable. 

I think you're right.

We should do what Bruce briefly did last January, and support the promotion push and start the longer term investment. Moving on a few would help with this in balancing the books - wouldn't hurt sending a positive message to the EFL if we did.

1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

The rules have changed. Recently. 

Exactly.

They make it up as they go along. 

They stabbed at a figure at the outset which bore no semblance of reality compared to the Prem allowable losses (even allowing for the increased income stream), didn't index link it, so every year it becomes more punitive in relation to inflation. They are then chasing their tails, altering the rules month on month as they didn't have the acumen to foresee the predictable responses from clubs trying to protect their own interests.

What is acceptable one month is no longer acceptable the following month & so on. The only thing that doesn't alter is their vindictive attitude & their stubborn refusal to look at the ridiculous amount clubs are supposedly allowed to lose over 3 seasons. The very reason club's are forced into their mitigation tactics in the first place.

How long will member club's allow their 'governing body' to act in such a way which continues to harm their interests?

One other thing. When some hidden amendment of a 'law' is unearthed by so called Wednesday fans. A law that could do us untold damage. The glee that this is received with, is quite frankly nauseating.

20 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Well we all complained that QPR etc got away lightly cos they were promoted. So they’ve changed the rules.....

Cant have it both ways

Are you actually a Wednesday supporter because it seems to me, proving your argument right is more important to you than the well being of the club.

2 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Are you actually a Wednesday supporter because it seems to me, proving your argument right is more important to you than the well being of the club.

aaah right so now the personal attacks start?

Im not proving any argument right, I’m showing that many fans are mistaken if they think promotion sees the end of our P&S issues. I have stated before also, I think DC in taking on the EFL the way he has, is attempting (and succeeding somewhat) to get fans on his side and to blame the EFL if a points deduction comes. 

Id be absolutely delighted however should DC and the club win the case and we don’t receive any punishment. 

Is that ok? Or do you think I’m anti SWFC and all?

btw, for the record, over 45 years going to Hillsborough and hopefully will be around for many more 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Road Runner said:

It has affected them, 

They have to raise millions by end of season to stay in line with FFP even though they are in the Premier. 

Talk of grealish going in January to facilitate it. 

And if they don’t? And they stay up, will they be punished?

4 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

And if they don’t? And they stay up, will they be punished?

Sounds like they will yes but what punishment is unknown as its never been done in the Premier league before but I would guess at a fine and embargo. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7807011/Aston-Villa-threat-FFP-rules-Dean-Smith-possibly-forced-fire-sale.html

25 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

aaah right so now the personal attacks start?

Im not proving any argument right, I’m showing that many fans are mistaken if they think promotion sees the end of our P&S issues. I have stated before also, I think DC in taking on the EFL the way he has, is attempting (and succeeding somewhat) to get fans on his side and to blame the EFL if a points deduction comes. 

Id be absolutely delighted however should DC and the club win the case and we don’t receive any punishment. 

Is that ok? Or do you think I’m anti SWFC and all?

btw, for the record, over 45 years going to Hillsborough and hopefully will be around for many more 

Which seems totally at odds with your tacit support of the EFLs stance & moving the goal posts after the event by you saying quote:-  "we can't have it both ways".