BREAKING - Club Statement

5 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Which seems totally at odds with your tacit support of the EFLs stance & moving the goal posts after the event by you saying quote:-  "we can't have it both ways".

If we have done wrong we deserve to be punished. IMO of course. I don’t think the rules are fair nor fit for purpose but they are rules and we should abide by them. 

If DC pulls a rabbit out of the hat I’ll be chuffed to bits. 

Is that ok? Or are you gonna continue this line of attack?

29 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Sounds like they will yes but what punishment is unknown as its never been done in the Premier league before but I would guess at a fine and embargo. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7807011/Aston-Villa-threat-FFP-rules-Dean-Smith-possibly-forced-fire-sale.html

Reading that, it seems they’re in breach of Prem rules for spending, not EFL. I guess the punishments are similar tho?

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

Are you actually a Wednesday supporter because it seems to me, proving your argument right is more important to you than the well being of the club.

Essix has been around a very very very long time fella. 

No need for getting personal. He  is offering his opinion and debating the subject. 

Edited by Maddogbob

5 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Essix has been around a very very very long time fella. 

No need for getting personal. He  is offering his opinion and debating the subject. 

Thanks. It’s the reason why I don’t post in here much now, gets far too personal when someone disagrees 

3 hours ago, kobayashi said:

Not if the collateral for a loan was the shares of the company that owns rather than the land itself. 
The reality is that nobody has a clue how the companies that now own SWFC and Hillsborough are being financed so for anyone to claim that there is no concern or risk is wrong.

And that was the case as soon as Manderic acquired the club 

25 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

And that was the case as soon as Manderic acquired the club 

Correct...it was a concern then and as the sums of money become ever greater and the schemes (whether legitimate or not) ever more opaque then those concerns also grow ever greater.

15 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Correct...it was a concern then and as the sums of money become ever greater and the schemes (whether legitimate or not) ever more opaque then those concerns also grow ever greater.

Cannot remember much in terms of objections or concerns at the time or even up to the announcement of the “soft embargo “

strange that 

10 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Morning, going off trends so far, no I don’t think he’s learned, we have t improved commercially and are still not attempting to bring in key sponsors or if so very badly and I honestly think of it wasn’t for ffp we would be massively gambling one last time. 

I had high hopes he had learned when he got bruce but honestly I do t think he’s learned and I don’t think he has any intention of learning. Just my view obv but time will tell

You've totally slated the club then expect "key sponsors" to pump money in - total nonsense, where were these sponsors under previous regimes. You've been banging this drum for months, it doesn't stack up, move on.

4 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Cannot remember much in terms of objections or concerns at the time or even up to the announcement of the “soft embargo “

strange that 

TBF there were some murmurings from certain fans about what DC was doing and how he was going about it. Vast majority didn’t care though, just jumped aboard for the ride ( can’t fault em in a way)

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

And the fact he had to assure us means there were people concerned about it before we were penalised.

Let’s be honest, it didn’t take an accountant to work out we might be getting ourselves into the EFLs bad books back then. Throwing money about like confetti 

12 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

TBF there were some murmurings from certain fans about what DC was doing and how he was going about it. Vast majority didn’t care though, just jumped aboard for the ride ( can’t fault em in a way)

Cannot remember anything for the first two seasons of Chansiris reign though 

Why would there be ?

He was taking us to the promised land right ? 

Only objections I remember is ticket prices 

people only started questioning when the on the field performances faultered 

3 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Cannot remember anything for the first two seasons of Chansiris reign though 

Why would there be ?

He was taking us to the promised land right ? 

Only objections I remember is ticket prices 

people only started questioning when the on the field performances faultered 

The first mutterings were about behind the scenes. Staff leaving, DC being quite an authoritarian. Of course it’s his club he can run it how he wants - well, no a certain degree anyway