BREAKING - Club Statement

Been asking about FFP since spring 2015...

On 21/05/2015 at 20:30, Sonny said:

We'll either stick to FFP (thus a restricted budget) or not which will either mean we face a transfer embargo at some point or get promoted first time, which isn't that likely really.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Been asking about FFP since spring 2015...

I note you omitted your following sentence where you said "I hope we blow loads of cash on ageing and injury prone players, thus throwing caution to the wind......" lol

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, hugeowl said:

I may be slightly out in the timing of the soft embargo but my point remains valid , 

Until things went tlts up on the pitch I cannot remember any people complaining about much apart from ticket prices , and even then I think attendances have improved post Chansiri 

I posted on here about Chansri

complete disregard for hundreds of sponsors that were a loyal fan base too 

you could tell he was not even bothered on listening at all and to even bring a solution to it all it was his way or no way 

well I was never going to pay at least double for my tickets so were many others that walked out of meetings 

20 years of sponsorship of players etc / kits and not because of good for tax purposes or actually to gain from business advertising it was a private sponsor deal because I loved the club . I saw the side that a lot could not see 

I do hope tho we can come out of this mess but he is not getting my monies again yet . 

I watch them away and on tv not at home hardly now 

people / fans are not fools And don’t want to give / pay over the top anymore 

just another side to it all 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, prowl said:

Your words not mine. I don't see it as anything other than a point to be covered in the sales contract.

If DC wants out he will want as much as he can get, that's natural, but once he decides he's had enough he will still need to fund us until he finds a buyer. That focuses the mind somewhat. If nobody is interested at £150M and he's shelling out £1m per month (for example) he's soon going to get realistic.

Sellers want to sell as much as buyers want to buy, more so in many cases.

True but he's not just going to take the 1st offer that comes along if it doesn't meet his valuation.

In the meantime he could really tighten up his spending ie no new signings or loans and also sell any players that are worth anything.

Also with regards the Ground he could keep it and rent it back to any potential new owners, if there wasn't alot of interest in buying us and the only party interested in buying us wasn't mega loaded.

That way he gets something back and also he's rid of covering the short fall and gets money every year from the Ground Rent.

Add to the fact he appears very stubborn if he did decide he'd had enough it could get very ugly.

Guest Bulgaria
14 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

A law that could do us untold damage. The glee that this is received with, is quite frankly nauseating.

I would hardly call it glee Rob, just concern.

7 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

last time we didn’t get one suitor giving anything, and the club was in nowhere near as much debt and or commercial mess monetry wise ( forward sold tickets no major sponsors except chansiris ).
the only taker was Milan when we were i liquidation so he could start a fresh. Like I said imo the on

y way he gets anything back is promotion, a lomg term plan of better sustainability before selling the club ,por renting us back the ground or selling the land. 

We weren’t in liquidation when Milan took over

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

another one who was on ignore that is appearing again I  had 4 on ignore has there been an update @Maddogbob
cant be bothered to see those people where every post is a dig, offer absolutely nothing at all to any debate apart from slagging people off, 

Me Me Me lol

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

another one who was on ignore that is appearing again I  had 4 on ignore has there been an update @Maddogbob
cant be bothered to see those people where every post is a dig, offer absolutely nothing at all to any debate apart from slagging people off, 

Do you also block the ones who post false statements?

15 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

We weren’t in liquidation when Milan took over

Ha. 

I'm hardly a business guru (far from it), but I know enough to know that we weren't bough by Milan when we were in liquidation. 

Pretty sure Milan wouldn't be taking over anything if we had been liquidated; what with that meaning the business would have been brought to an end. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marpals said:

True but he's not just going to take the 1st offer that comes along if it doesn't meet his valuation.

In the meantime he could really tighten up his spending ie no new signings or loans and also sell any players that are worth anything.

Also with regards the Ground he could keep it and rent it back to any potential new owners, if there wasn't alot of interest in buying us and the only party interested in buying us wasn't mega loaded.

That way he gets something back and also he's rid of covering the short fall and gets money every year from the Ground Rent.

Add to the fact he appears very stubborn if he did decide he'd had enough it could get very ugly.

I don't see him keeping the ground and renting it back to us as a problem. Depends on the length of lease and the rent but provided we have security of tenure it's not a problem. No purchaser would proceed with an exhorbitant rent.

Stubborn, I agree but he's not stupid. If he wanted out he would negotiate the terms with whoever offered the most.

23 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

cant be bothered to see those people where every post is a dig, offer absolutely nothing at all to any debate apart from slagging people off

14 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

no just the ones who have a pop at different posters constantly, I think it’s boring as fizz and a pretty wanky thing to do, the odd spat I can accept but not constantly like some tools I think that’s pretty fair no?

Comedy gold, keep them coming 

WTF:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

last time we didn’t get one suitor giving anything, and the club was in nowhere near as much debt and or commercial mess monetry wise ( forward sold tickets no major sponsors except chansiris ). 
the only taker was Milan when we were i liquidation so he could start a fresh. Like I said imo the on

y way he gets anything back is promotion, a lomg term plan of better sustainability before selling the club ,por renting us back the ground or selling the land. 

Different times. Now there is demand for clubs. Patrticularly ones that have shown they can challenge for promotion.

19 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

no just the ones who have a pop at different posters constantly, I think it’s boring as fizz and a pretty wanky thing to do, the odd spat I can accept but not constantly like some tools I think that’s pretty fair no?

I could give a list of all the posters who have a dig at me on a regular basis. I like this idea.

Normally, I just let them make boobies of themselves though. lol