BREAKING - Club Statement

9 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Cannot remember anything for the first two seasons of Chansiris reign though 

Why would there be ?

He was taking us to the promised land right ? 

Only objections I remember is ticket prices 

people only started questioning when the on the field performances faultered 

Chansiri knew how much money was being spent though - we didn't. We don't know the wages, we don't even know the transfer fees, we also don't know how much was coming in.

It's ridiculous to make it sound like we're somehow implicated in his recklessness.

Edited by cowl

1 minute ago, cowl said:

Chansiri knew how much money was being spent though - we didn't. We don't know the wages, we don't even know the transfer fees, we also don't know how much was coming on.

It's ridiculous to make it sound like we're somehow implicated in his recklessness.

In HO’s defence, I don’t think that’s what he’s implying. Rather we just turned the other cheek or didn’t even care. Which tbh the vast majority didn’t. 

6 minutes ago, cowl said:

Chansiri knew how much money was being spent though - we didn't. We don't know the wages, we don't even know the transfer fees, we also don't know how much was coming in.

Nobody was bothered before the shlt hit the fan with the EFL 

why would they be ? 

He was trying to give us what we wanted right ?

1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

In HO’s defence, I don’t think that’s what he’s implying. Rather we just turned the other cheek or didn’t even care. Which tbh the vast majority didn’t. 

There's a basic assumption of competence though that most of our fans are bound to make in the absence of information to the contrary.

I remember frequently hearing folk reason that because DC's a successful businessman, then he obviously knows what he's doing.

Well, dodgy premise; dodgy conclusion, but it's not the same as being wilfully ignorant.

Just now, cowl said:

There's a basic assumption of competence though that most of our fans are bound to make in the absence of information to the contrary.

I remember frequently hearing folk reason that because DC's a successful businessman, then he obviously knows what he's doing.

Well, dodgy premise; dodgy conclusion, but it's not the same as being wilfully ignorant.

Well there’s something else. Is he a successful business man? Doesn’t his wealth come from the family business that wasn’t his originally?

This isn’t a dig, I can’t remember the details. 

6 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Nobody was bothered before the shlt hit the fan with the EFL 

why would they be ? 

He was trying to give us what we wanted right ?

Aye, and Nick Leeson was just trying to turn in the profit his employers paid him to.

Edited by cowl

1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

Well there’s something else. Is he a successful business man? Doesn’t his wealth come from the family business that wasn’t his originally?

Yeah, that's my point - that's the dodgy premise.

6 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Pretty sure it was family money. 

As for his motivation, we don't know even if he had one. 

If I was a businessman my plan would be get promoted and flip it, sell and cash out. 

*this is what I'd do, I'm. Not saying this was, is what DC is doing. 

Edited by Maddogbob

5 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

People in this thread questioning the commitment of DC who’s just chucked £60m at the stadium sale.

:duntmatter:

If it’s worth £60m he can always flog it and get his cash back - not that he’s shelled out much for the ground so far. 

The issue for me with Chansiri doesn’t centre on commitment.

I’ve been very wary of him since he hit us with the opening day prices against Bristol City. His footballing values aren’t mine - no reason why they should be he hasn’t grown up with the game I’ve known and loved. But that’s why I am not his biggest fan - especially as his assurances re FFP have been proven to be testicles.

There are other issues though. Competence is one thing that concerns me. We’ve made a right mess of our finances and external money coming into the club - re sponsorship, commercial income etc has been minimal so Chansiri has had to shoulder all the burden himself. 

Which links to my other issue - how much cash he has something none of us know about. The ground sale so far is an accounting transaction without cash changing hands - a piece of financial sleight of hand to avoid EFL sanctions. 

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Pretty sure it was family money. 

As for his motivation, we don't know even if he had one. 

If I was a businessman my plan would be get promoted and flip it, sell and cash out. 

*this is what I'd do, I'm. Not saying this was, is what DC is doing. 

Well here goes *tin hat on*

I heard some time ago, from a Wednesday fan who knows more than most about football business in general not just swfc, that DC told the family (those in TUG) he wanted to buy an English football club. TUG as a group weren’t interested but they gave DC a big lump of money for him to ‘play with’ in exchange for an amount of his shares in the group. 

Don’t shoot the messenger, it’s just what I heard from a trusted friend. Sounded feasible too

• Thanks 1

Well I didn’t trust chansiri from the start

It was his superstitions that first got my alarm bells ringing and I stated it on here

He’s never proved me wrong at any point

I just don’t trust his judgement 

That said I’m desperately hoping we somehow shaft the EFL

14 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Well here goes *tin hat on*

I heard some time ago, from a Wednesday fan who knows more than most about football business in general not just swfc, that DC told the family (those in TUG) he wanted to buy an English football club. TUG as a group weren’t interested but they gave DC a big lump of money for him to ‘play with’ in exchange for an amount of his shares in the group. 

Don’t shoot the messenger, it’s just what I heard from a trusted friend. Sounded feasible too

Who knows, let's be honest. 

Nothing we can do about it now. Just got to see how it plays out. 

2 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Cannot remember much in terms of objections or concerns at the time or even up to the announcement of the “soft embargo “

strange that 

2 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Cannot remember anything for the first two seasons of Chansiris reign though 

Why would there be ?

He was taking us to the promised land right ? 

Only objections I remember is ticket prices 

people only started questioning when the on the field performances faultered 

26 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

No it doesn’t...the soft embargo was the Summer of 2018. 

I may be slightly out in the timing of the soft embargo but my point remains valid , 

Until things went tlts up on the pitch I cannot remember any people complaining about much apart from ticket prices , and even then I think attendances have improved post Chansiri