BREAKING - Club Statement

12 hours ago, hugeowl said:

I may be slightly out in the timing of the soft embargo but my point remains valid , 

Until things went tlts up on the pitch I cannot remember any people complaining about much apart from ticket prices , and even then I think attendances have improved post Chansiri 

Err...being wrong by 2 years makes your point valid?

7 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

It all boils down to one thing that no one knows - Chansiri’s plans when he bought the club. 

Yes of course, promotion. IMO like a lot of foreign owners, he wants the prestige of being the chairman of a club in the best football league in the world. But what if that didn’t happen? Surely DC must have had, in the back of his mind, the idea that no matter what he spent it wouldn’t guarantee promotion. So he must have been willing to either be here until we do go up, could be another 10 years or more, or see it as a shorter term plan and be willing to sell at a loss. 

Make no mistake - once the efl thing is done - there’d be people knocking on his door if he was gonna sell. We are still a good option for someone with the cash and the right ideas. Problem is of course, would DC be willing to take a loss??

I think it boils down to what he wants to do now and in the future, not then. A lot has happened since he took over and it’s fair to say things haven’t gone particularly well. Also fair to say he’s learning a bit and we’re performing well so you never know.

The club can’t sustain its self and we need his money to survive. We need to convince the auditors every year that we’re a going concern on that basis. Every year he has to spend more and we owe him more.

He will have to take a hair cut but how desperate will having to continually plunge money in make him and what will that mean for the quality of any new owner. We don’t know either way.

It will probably be fine, but well, we thought that before and it’s already kind of not.

1 hour ago, Rogers said:

My point is that if you don’t have on field success over a prolonged period or have a large catchment area (Examples above, including 2 of the biggest clubs in world football), then you need more to gain the additional revenue streams and Ground location and the surrounding area must come into that. 

The alternative point being that the location of the ground is relatively unimportant it is the success or not of the club that matters. Which part of Sheffield would make a material difference all other things being equal?

6 hours ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

The multi year season tickets was my red flag.

Not when you consider the restrictions of P&S on his freedom to spend money - when considering this, I saw the multi-year season ticket campaign as a strategy to allow him more freedom. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

9 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

sorry I think you might have misunderstood. I’m not  talking about if he wants to move us, I’m talking if he gets fed up or upset and wants to leave.  
whist ever he owns us everything is ok ish. and tbh to clarify my position at, I hope he does stay, because I would rather he stays and sorts out the mess and either gets a reward or sells us for a reward. Because atm with the state we are in any owner who takes us in this mess will be a nutcase. 

I think some on here think I don’t like Mr C. I’m absolutely not against him personally I just don’t like the way he has run us so far, if he can change things I’m happy if it’s him or anyone else. 

Sorry Roland but say we get another owner.  There are only two ways yhey are going to run us. 

1 they will put money in themselves like mr Chansiri has. 

2 they will borrow money from an outside source to run us, risking the club if at any point we can't make the repayments or if source suddenly decides it wants the full loan back. 

Thankfully atm we have an owner who is willing to invest his own money. 

I do think you make a very valid point about the sale of future season tickets.  This was badly thought out both for the fans, the club and mr chansiri himself.  

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

The new rules can only apply from the date they were changed. They can't punish clubs retrospectively.

Though i don't know when the rules were changed or if they can punish clubs retrospectively....:wacko: :biggrin:

Legally no authority including the law courts cannot punish retrospectively though they can rule retrospectively if no precident is available.  This may be the defence of the EFL assuming they ok'd our original accounts including the sale of the ground. 

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

never said a new owner wouldn’t  put their own  money in mate. Obv they will but I would like to hope, and I use that word loosely that when we get a new owner (because let’s be honest Chansiri won’t stay forever ) that they have a sensible plan, and control net spending. Even if it’s partially commercial and partially player trading. 

like I said I would rather him stay for now, that is if he will calm down and not take more gambles. 

I know most will want us to spunk more cash in jan, I don’t want that I would rather we do some savvy business in loans or find a bargain etc. But meh. That won’t be popular on here. 

I won’t go on again about also wanting us to live within our means rather than being funded by a owner or a bank etc because I will be called a weak tin pot supporter who doesn’t want success lol 

You won't get any argument from me on what you said there.   I think its time we reduced the wage bill and started being a bit more reliant on the loan market.  Infact i would agree with pretty much everything you said there.  

Guest wilyfox
20 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

We will be fine, I've heard a whisper that DC has sold the training ground to D- Taxis. 

I'm hoping DC turns up to the hearing in a d-taxi. Best arrival ever right on cue. 

35 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Not when you consider the restrictions of P&S on his freedom to spend money - when considering this, I saw the multi-year season ticket campaign as a strategy to allow him more freedom. 

The revenue is allocated to the relevant seasons - it’s accrued income. It helped cash flow and gave a degree of certainty re a base level to his FFP situation but that’s all

Just now, rickygoo said:

The revenue is allocated to the relevant seasons - it’s accrued income. It helped cash flow and gave a degree of certainty re a base level to his FFP situation but that’s all

Deferred income to be pedantic but yep the analysis is right. Always worried me that it was a route to get cash in.

Again the first time we did Feb season ticket sales how many people realised all this did was pay off a 3m loan taken the previous October. 

On 28/12/2019 at 01:04, 2roland2 said:

That’s for the efl rule, it doesn’t mean the football club do t owe him money, he’s put in directors loans to the club and regardless of what the efl rules mean to our club, he is owed that money. 

Point is though. The loans are limited to the lower amount which I seem to remember is £5m per year. And as the club is wholly owned by DC that shouldn't matter.

10 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Thats efl rules mate, not business in English law.......... mentioned that earlier 

Exactly. EFL limit the amount of overspend that can be covered by loans. A club cannot then cover further losses with loans just because they are allowed in another business type.

Hypothetical question. But what if Chansiri sold the club to say TUF and they rename the ground the John West Stadium would the EFL still carry on with the court case or would it be the end of it?