BREAKING - Club Statement

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

QPR.... Bournemouth ??

Didn't they get promoted whilst under investigation for breach of FFP ?

Legal cases went on for a few years if i remember

Although i may be wrong

they eventually were investigated. Not sure the investigations started before they were promoted or after 

1 hour ago, LondonOwl313 said:

There should be separate accounts for the company that owns the stadium going forward so we’d see it in that.

This is about liability though. Any charges against club assets would be shown in SWFC accounts. Charges against the stadium would be shown in those accounts. If he’s borrowing money separately to any of this to put in, it doesn’t affect us as the liability would be on Chansiri himself rather than the club which is owned by a limited liability company 

The ground isn’t a club asset...which bit of that don’t you get? If he defaults on a private loan then they would take the collateral...for example ownership of a company that has property in S6

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, kobayashi said:

The ground isn’t a club asset...which bit of that don’t you get? If he defaults on a private loan then they would take the collateral...for example ownership of a company that has property in S6

He’s set up a separate company to buy the ground... so there should be a set of accounts for that company. Any charge against the ground would have to be shown in those accounts. Given there’s a delay between the accounting period and filing I don’t think there are any accounts available yet for this new company.

My point is, he can’t take out personal loans against the assets of companies even if he 100% owns the companies without showing this in the accounts. 

If he did take out personal loans and defaulted, his creditors would demand he sold some assets. He could sell the club off as a whole in that scenario which wouldn’t affect us financially. He wouldn’t sell bits of the club given the points already made around us being worth more as a going concern than you could realise selling a piece of land in north Sheffield. 

The ownership structure is no worse now than it’s been at any point in the last 20 years, and in many ways it’s far superior than when we had multiple shareholders and lots of external debt 

40 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I can think of it like buying a club, if you can.

Total sense in what you’re saying but your scenario all hinges on multiple potential buyers. Other possible scenarios leave us more desperate with less bargaining power.

It’s great that so many posters seem to have high hopes and good faith about how people will act. Many examples of it all both panning and not panning out that way.

Sorry if that came across as patronising, that wasn't the intention.

Most scenarios depend on multiple expressions of interest. It's not about us being desperate it's supply and demand and how that affects the buyer and sellers attitudes. We as fans don't care how much DC gets for the club, if he gets £100M or £10M doesn't affect us in the slightest. All that matters is that we have a new owner who does his best by the club. Personally I'm happy for DC to continue as the owner, obviously a number of fans aren't.

Guest LondonOwl313
23 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

wait isnt overwhelmingly likely and what ifs not pretty much the same????  Unless it’s a certainty it’s a what if??

Overwhelmingly likely is something that you expect to happen, it’s the base case.. a what if is something that could happen but is low odds. There aren’t many things in life that are certainties when dealing with future outcomes 

2 hours ago, dorian gray said:

NEIL, there needs to be a button to press for an agree, or like plus one thousand adding to the options, for when people are pointing out the bl**ding obvious to those who will not see.

hahaha! if roland rat was a fish, the dumpling would be on the bank waiting for you.

26 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

so I. Short, it’s got the potential to be an absolute nightmare for potential, suitors?  Only been saying this for the last 3 days lol 

I mean let’s be honest though, our owner is pretty easy to negotiate with , he never argues or gets stubborn so it will be a walk I. The park if new potential owners are negotiating lol 

Your words not mine. I don't see it as anything other than a point to be covered in the sales contract.

If DC wants out he will want as much as he can get, that's natural, but once he decides he's had enough he will still need to fund us until he finds a buyer. That focuses the mind somewhat. If nobody is interested at £150M and he's shelling out £1m per month (for example) he's soon going to get realistic.

Sellers want to sell as much as buyers want to buy, more so in many cases.

2 hours ago, kobayashi said:

How do you know that he isn’t borrowing money from 3rd parties and how do you know that he isn’t putting up collateral for  those loans such as S6 property? 

Well with any foreign ownership you would be hard pressed to find out the source of any money but any hocking of the ground should show at the land registry 

24 minutes ago, prowl said:

Sorry if that came across as patronising, that wasn't the intention.

Most scenarios depend on multiple expressions of interest. It's not about us being desperate it's supply and demand and how that affects the buyer and sellers attitudes. We as fans don't care how much DC gets for the club, if he gets £100M or £10M doesn't affect us in the slightest. All that matters is that we have a new owner who does his best by the club. Personally I'm happy for DC to continue as the owner, obviously a number of fans aren't.

No worries, apologies, there’s another poster (who I’ll not drag into this) who always uses a car analogy for everything so I was just being narky.

I’m happy for him to continue too, but just not under any illusions that the debt and ground ownership are anything less than ideal. It all could be fine, it all might not.

19 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Well with any foreign ownership you would be hard pressed to find out the source of any money but any hocking of the ground should show at the land registry 

Not if the collateral for a loan was the shares of the company that owns rather than the land itself. 
The reality is that nobody has a clue how the companies that now own SWFC and Hillsborough are being financed so for anyone to claim that there is no concern or risk is wrong.