BREAKING - Club Statement

23 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

That’s where the EFL have a problem and why some ‘bigger’ clubs in the championship are disgruntled. The EFls TV money goes to all 72 teams and it’s no where near the amount the EPL get. If that changed, either by a EPL2 being formed or the EFL altering the payment structure, some smaller teams would go out of business. 

I suppose the “subsidising smaller clubs” argument depends on your philosophy,

The on going argument on here has been that we should “cut our cloth’ according to our means.

If ‘smaller’ teams aren’t viable without subsidies, then they aren’t viable & maybe should ‘cut their cloth accordingly’ in the same way that people are saying we should.

If that means them going part time or whatever, then so be it. It might even be a much healthier solution for smaller clubs.

I didn’t see any of the bigger clubs queuing up to bail us out when we were on the verge of admin.

I love football but my only concern is SWFC, if smaller clubs (and their players) have to adapt to modern market conditions then so be it.

17 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Don't start citing Leicester as a success story.

A club that went into admin with debts approaching £50m 

Nevertheless they HAVE been successful.  Thats the problem with the EFL snoots, no consistency over the years.  Realistically Leicester should have been made to restart at league 2 level.  They were allowed to cheat.  Little wonder lots of other clubs have tried the same.  

6 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

Nevertheless they HAVE been successful.  Thats the problem with the EFL snoots, no consistency over the years.  Realistically Leicester should have been made to restart at league 2 level.  They were allowed to cheat.  Little wonder lots of other clubs have tried the same.  

Exactly.

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Plenty of owners have bought clubs without the stadium. Happens all the time.

It would only happen in two ways. Either they’re coming in and buying the club for a nominal fee and don’t care about the stadium. Not the sort of buyer you want, nor the sort of buyer Chansiri would likely sell to because he’d be likely selling below market value

The other way would be if there was already separation of ownership between club and stadium (eg. Coventry) which doesn’t apply to us because we don’t have different owners for stadium and club

2 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

Survive, is the only mentality most clubs have in the epl. Which makes it the pointless competition it is. 

This approach is money orientated. As a competion (I use that term loosely) outside the biggest 5 teams your just fodder. 

Other than money, zero appeal for me. 

Which sort of reinforces my view that the Championship could be a very attractive alternative if it wasn’t artificially restrained.

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

It would only happen in two ways. Either they’re coming in and buying the club for a nominal fee and don’t care about the stadium. Not the sort of buyer you want, nor the sort of buyer Chansiri would likely sell to because he’d be likely selling below market value

The other way would be if there was already separation of ownership between club and stadium (eg. Coventry) which doesn’t apply to us because we don’t have different owners for stadium and club

So we agree, it could happen. 

2 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Which sort of reinforces my view that the Championship could be a very attractive alternative if it wasn’t artificially restrained.

It is for clubs our size. 

We aren't a huge club, not in the sense of country ownd clubs such as Man City. You just can't compete against clubs such as them, Liverpool (spit) etc. 

50 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

As I’ve stated before, the EFL have the power to suspend our promotion. 

Here’s a question.......

Has anyone ever been promoted to the EPL whilst charges are outstanding against them from the EFL? I can’t imagine for one minute the EFL would allow that to happen

QPR.... Bournemouth ??

Didn't they get promoted whilst under investigation for breach of FFP ?

Legal cases went on for a few years if i remember

Although i may be wrong

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

So we agree, it could happen. 

Anything can happen.. he could irrationally choose to liquidate tomorrow. It’s about what’s likely to happen based on the best options financially. Risks don’t seem very high to me from where we are right now. 

If we fell down the leagues, buy loads more Rhodes type flops on big wages and long contracts, or start borrowing from external sources these would be red flags for me

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

So just out of interest your happy to be in the epl, get lucky now and again and think the odd patronising ruffle of the hair from the media is fine...

Screw that. 

I want to distroy the plastic idiots left right and centre. 

who are the plastic idiots? 

14 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

One paragraph you say he’d have to write off debt the next you say he wouldn’t accept below market value.

Fact is it’s possible he’d sell the club and keep the ground. We now agree on that so not much else to discuss really.

33 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Theres really no reason to be alarmed at all. If he starts borrowing money from third parties that’s when I’ll be concerned 

How do you know that he isn’t borrowing money from 3rd parties and how do you know that he isn’t putting up collateral for  those loans such as S6 property? 

Edited by kobayashi

7 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

It is for clubs our size. 

We aren't a huge club, not in the sense of country ownd clubs such as Man City. You just can't compete against clubs such as them, Liverpool (spit) etc. 

Man City were going nowhere until they go taken over by a very rich guy, and their history wasn't in the top bracket but look at them now arguably one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

3 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Anything can happen.. he could irrationally choose to liquidate tomorrow. It’s about what’s likely to happen based on the best options financially. Risks don’t seem very high to me from where we are right now. 

If we fell down the leagues, buy loads more Rhodes type flops on big wages and long contracts, or start borrowing from external sources these would be red flags for me

That last sentence is key for me especially if we started getting co-op style bank loans.  The club were extremely lucky last time in that the bank settled for however many pence in the pound it was.  I recon any other bank would have insisted on the full amount which would have resulted in us going under... 

Thankfully none of these things apply to the current situation. 

31 minutes ago, prowl said:

Sorry mate, it's you that doesn't get it.

He can't sell the club and keep the debt. It doesn't work like that. If you buy something you decide what it's worth and pay that amount. If the club has a lot of debt, or any debt you would insist the debt is cleared before purchase. 

As an example you might be prepared to pay £50M for the club free of debt. You wouldn't pay £50M and take on £100M of debt.That would mean you are actually paying £150M.

We've been over this ground so often and you just don't seem to grasp it.

Don’t we still owe Allen et al some money upon promotion?

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, kobayashi said:

How do you know that he isn’t borrowing money from 3rd parties and how do you know that he isn’t putting up collateral for  those loans such as S6 property? 

That would have to be included in the accounts? He could be borrowing money in a personal capacity for all we know but he wouldn’t be able to use the clubs assets as collateral 

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

That would have to be included in the accounts? He could be borrowing money in a personal capacity for all we know but he wouldn’t be able to use the clubs assets as collateral 

So he may be borrowing the money and which accounts? The property is an asset of another company so he can do what the hell he wants to do with it. Fact is nobody has a clue where the money is coming from or how much more may be available and under what conditions. 

Guest LondonOwl313
6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

One paragraph you say he’d have to write off debt the next you say he wouldn’t accept below market value.

Fact is it’s possible he’d sell the club and keep the ground. We now agree on that so not much else to discuss really.

Well market value is the going rate for clubs in the Championship chasing the premier league dream. Which would be somewhere between £30-50m

The debt if it was £100m isn’t market value, it’s totally separate. It would be settled in the agreement when the club changes hands 

Of course he could keep the ground.. but the buyer in that case is agreeing to it, which would probably mean they aren’t flush with cash and aren’t the right buyer in the first place. Let’s hope if he did sell, someone more suitable than that would come in.

All about risk.. risks aren’t high where we are now

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, kobayashi said:

So he may be borrowing the money and which accounts? The property is an asset of another company so he can do what the hell he wants to do with it. Fact is nobody has a clue where the money is coming from or how much more may be available and under what conditions. 

There should be separate accounts for the company that owns the stadium going forward so we’d see it in that.

This is about liability though. Any charges against club assets would be shown in SWFC accounts. Charges against the stadium would be shown in those accounts. If he’s borrowing money separately to any of this to put in, it doesn’t affect us as the liability would be on Chansiri himself rather than the club which is owned by a limited liability company