BREAKING - Club Statement

45 minutes ago, PriceAPP said:

The negativity that oozes and radiates our of Wednesday fans is unbelievable.  Must be highly contagious too ... I’m sure no other club can be this pessimistic.

Our ridiculous persecution complex is mild compared to the one Leeds fans have. 

5 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

Yes you are absolutely right.  That was sort of my point but the price of the ground isnt a debt because we sold it.  Mr chansiri could sell the ground to get some of his money back but it wouldn't infinge on the amount he has loaned to the club because it is entirely seperate in terms of... What im saying is that the purchase of the ground (60mil or whatever) is not included in the amount loaned to the club so the total he has put in would be nearer to 110milion plus change.  He aint gettimg that back by selling the club and or ground unless hilsborough has deposits of uranium burried beneath. 

We don't really who's funding DC's interesting management of SWFC. At the end of the day he's either written off the amount as a hobby, or he's hoping for a PL windfall then sell. I always thought he would stay and hand over to his young un longer term - who knows.

His performance to date has been mixed at best, and hopefully he reflects on this for the next few years. Who knows what he's thinking - last December's weird fans forum was the last we've really heard from him publicly, and at the time, his incoherent ramblings didn't bode well. He has subsequently found a new plan and we've got to file in behind him and make a collective push for the PL this season, as if we don't get up, we've got a points deduction coming in the Summer due to the 3yr FFP breaches which I expect will be announced, and a further season in the Championship, with him subsidising another £10-£20m/year debt indefinitely. Hopefully he's got deep pockets, or his family are getting a good exchange rate.

2 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

you forgot the 'we should gouge our own eyes out' brigade.

it not hard to sit back here, and read the posts and see why some have reached the point they have in life, Christ, man up will ya?

I reckon we've been shafted by the EFL, FA & assorted referee's for that long, some have begun to accept it as the norm and just acquiesce.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Has it occurred to anyone that the issue may be with the extended accounting period?

The EFL gave us the go ahead to make it 14 months so we could fit the ground sale in and it's happy days as no penalties for us

They then changed leadership and  someone else decided that was ok for accountancy rules, but breaches their 3 year rules.....hence the charges.....so nothing illegal, all about the ffp rules

They would have taken a 12 month average loss over the 14 month period as the basis for their EFL calcs 

look the vast majority on here (i'm being kind, it's ALL OF US) know very little about this issue from a legal standpoint. 

it's an issue of which is completely out of our control, so stop concerning yourself over it, it's so far over the average wednesday fans heads it's likely to hit the space station on it's next orbit.

leave it, you cannot have any positive effect on it in any way.

just wish the club well, and hope you yourself get fully paid this week/month/3 months.

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

We don't really who's funding DC's interesting management of SWFC. At the end of the day he's either written off the amount as a hobby, or he's hoping for a PL windfall then sell. I always thought he would stay and hand over to his young un longer term - who knows.

His performance to date has been mixed at best, and hopefully he reflects on this for the next few years. Who knows what he's thinking - last December's weird fans forum was the last we've really heard from him publicly, and at the time, his incoherent ramblings didn't bode well. He has subsequently found a new plan and we've got to file in behind him and make a collective push for the PL this season, as if we don't get up, we've got a points deduction coming in the Summer due to the 3yr FFP breaches which I expect will be announced, and a further season in the Championship, with him subsidising another £10-£20m/year debt indefinitely. Hopefully he's got deep pockets, or his family are getting a good exchange rate.

He and several others owners Forrest will be the next club and id be surprised if midds aren't in the shxt this time next year.  Lets face it hardly any clubs survive the championship (without getting a promotion) and still run at a profit. 

4 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

I actually think they have softened.  If there werent and doubts, we would have an embargo already. 

Agree & if DC hadn't showed he wasn't going to roll over, we would have said embargo already, with the EFL big wigs having a cosy chat and drawing straws as to how many points they were going to screw us with.

Just now, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I'll second this.....

I think in a way we've invited it, when we've been shat on, we've just accepted it meekly.

it's well known wednesday are not battlers, it seems either on or off field.

I've followed us since the sixties, for every side with a pair, there have been half a dozen without.

as for management level, were back at megson, bfr (perhaps), wilko, and big jack.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

We’ve broken the rules, otherwise we wouldn’t be in this position to begin with, and we wouldn’t even be on the EFL’s radar.

Simple as that. Take the punishment DC and stop getting us into more bother 

48 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Point me to one post where anybody has put just take the punishment? I can guarantee you can’t find one, however you will see some posters wanting it done one way or the other and some who are worried about the outcome but you keep having a pop at fellow fans.

if we hadn’t put ourselves in this position with an absolute disregard for running a club anywhere near to sustainable we wouldn’t be up for any charges.... instead we are relying on a ground sale to ourselves , sponsors who are not trading. Forward sold season tickets and no real major income commercially from other sponsors. 

the amount of people fan bashing on here to support a total balls up of run I g of a club is beyond belief.  
no matter if we get away with this or not, it isn’t the fans fault the club is like a clown college. 

Following you invitation I would like to point you to the above post by FreshOwl.

They literally say ‘take the punishment DC’

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

I actually think they have softened.  If there werent and doubts, we would have an embargo already. 

They are following the due processes as set out in their own guidelines. Not sure if anyone has linked the actual EFL guidance on arbitration ?

Someone on Owlsonline has done so 

Interesting as I believe this arbitration is about whether there has been due process to date. In other words in law did we have legitimate expectation from the correspondence trail with the EFL. 

If it is decided we did then the disciplinary process effectively is stopped.

Notwithstanding all this and the EFL can proceed, we still have the right to go to further arbitration in relation to any disciplinary punishment. 

Part of me just thinks at this stage throw enough doubt that the outcome could be a compromise punishment 

1 minute ago, Anlaby Owl said:

He and several others owners Forrest will be the next club and id be surprised if midds aren't in the shxt this time next year.  Lets face it hardly any clubs survive the championship (without getting a promotion) and still run at a profit. 

Indeed - even with league 1 level of debt, and parachute payment, it's not a pretty picture:

A graph showing the pre-tax profit and losses for Championship clubs in the 2017-18 season: Wolves (-£57.2m), Fulham (-£45.2m), Cardiff (-£39.3m), QPR (-£37.6m), Aston Villa (-£36.1m), Bristol City (-£25.4m), Reading (-£21m), Sunderland (-£19.9m), Nottingham Forest (-£8.1m), Middlesbrough (-£6.4m), Ipswich (-£5.2m), Millwall (-£5m), Leeds (-£4,3m), Brentford (-£3.9m), Sheffield United (-£2m), Derby (-£1.2m), Barnsley (-£0.2m), Burton Albion (£0.5m), Sheffield Wednesday (£2.6m), Preston North End (£2.7m), Norwich (£18.5m), Hull (£23.7m). Bolton did not submit their accounts for 2017-18.

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Why would we be under embargo, we are £2m in the black.:rolleyes:

Because Its that transaction that they are questioning the validity of (the 60m ground sale) but as i said if there weren't any doubts in their minds, they would put us under embargo staight away until it was all sorted. 

7 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

I think in a way we've invited it, when we've been shat on, we've just accepted it meekly.

it's well known wednesday are not battlers, it seems either on or off field.

I've followed us since the sixties, for every side with a pair, there have been half a dozen without.

as for management level, were back at megson, bfr (perhaps), wilko, and big jack.

I'll second this too ..