Great season but how frustrating

20 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Players don't have the right mentality to manage games, it's sheer panic.

Monk is to blame to a point but the amount of soft fouls and needless corners we gave away to a big side was crazy.

End of the day we are a mid-table side that can sometimes engage top 6 mode for a bit. These aren't Monk's players either we can't forget.

Agree 100%.Mid Table is where we'll finish unless we start shipping out the deadwood in Jan.:tango:

11 minutes ago, Daz said:

As evidence of our total lack of ambition in this game, I’d love to know how many of the 97 minutes were played in our half. 

We went for a point against the bottom club, giving them a boost, and that performance got everything it deserved.

Not exactly what you asked for, but it'll give you an idea...

1411273789_ScreenShot2019-12-26at17_57_54.png.da867448dc911310a044245f5896d3d8.png

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Thing is...you can see it come from a mile off. 

We manage games so badly. 

Drop off deep, give away stupid freekicks, corners and so on. 

The pressure build ups and up, but so much of it is our own doing. 

It’s like we almost want to invite it on, we don’t show any urgency to close down quicker, or get into position quicker. When we clear our lines absolutely no one pushes forward, it literally is stuff beyond belief 

4 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s like we almost want to invite it on, we don’t show any urgency to close down quicker, or get into position quicker. When we clear our lines absolutely no one pushes forward, it literally is stuff beyond belief 

Yep. 

The bizarre thing is, we are not very good at seeing narrow games out! 

And yet, despite this, we persist in trying to grind it out. 

What did Einstein say about doing the same thing over and over again? 

36 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Think we have now lost something like 14 points form conceding very late in games so far...thats simply astonishing 

Nuhiu rescued a point in the last minute v Fulham so we could (should) have 13 points more if we kept a clean sheet in the last 5 minutes. The real frustrating thing is we don't do this to other teams. Like the so-called soft penalty we got v Bristol City , it's an absolute rarity yet our fans were saying we were lucky. If we got a soft penalty every other game and scored a winner in injury time every three games it wouldn't even out . I'm so annoyed.

1 hour ago, erowl said:

Lost count of how many times we've conceded late this season.

However, the performance deserved nothing and a message to GM ... Keep starting this front 2 and look forward to mid table.

They are as mobile as bedroom furniture.

Agree with this Nuhiu and Rhodes don’t work at all. A striker on loan is a must next month

2 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Just so bloody frustrating, especially when we’ve gone ahead after playing shíte for an hour. I doubt they’ll be getting Xmas day off next year

I'm hope that today's front two wont be Wednesday players come the end of next May. I suspect Monk knows they aren't good enough to keep us challenging in the top half and will instruct the chairman accordingly.

15 hours ago, Philb125 said:

This! You’d think someone have a word with Bannan and say stop giving away Soft free kicks, it’s not like he has to defend them. 

Giving away soft free kicks seems to be a bad habit we haven't learned from. This will suit Cardiff down to the ground, get it sorted before Sunday, Gary!

15 hours ago, horny owl said:

We’re so predictable

Sit way too deep

Give away needless free kicks

Invite way too much pressure

Get punished in 90+ minutes

And repeat

We have two more games to go and hopefully we can inject some youth to play a different game 

We are desperate for pace and power 

11 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Bottled it at the end then. Was clear we Iorfa needed subbing sooner and I wouldn't have taken both Rhodes and Nuhiu off .. needed one of them on and also Murphy - absolutely garbage. Awful commitment for the 2nd equaliser. No attempt to even defend that ball. Criminal

To be fair a positive run from Murphy led to our equaliser.

Just looked back at the seasons results, if all the games finished on 86 mins, we would be top - 2 points above Leeds. 

We deserved nothing yesterday but we have thrown some points away this season. There is a problem here - our inability to see games out is very concerning. Overall, I’m very happy with how things are going and Monk is doing a great job but this issue needs sorting out.