Great season but how frustrating

Just continue to leak late goals, it's got to me a mental problem now, couldnt even hold on to a draw having conceded in injury time.

The defending for the 3rd embarrassing. ..school boy stuff.

We have a very good platform but we are in desperate need of players all over for me .

Another 2 goals conceded in injury time to throw another 3 points away.

To be fair if it wasn't for Cam it could have been six,ref should have given a pen and lets be honest we got what we deserved in the end.Anyway.we are still up there and now have to start another unbeaten run.Not many could come out of that performance and think they played well.

It's happened too many times. Whilst we look resilient and able to grind out results, these injury time lapses show our soft nature.

Any good team would see these last few minutes out  but we just lose all composure and panic at the back. It's now become our trade mark which other teams will exploit. 

• Thanks 1

Players don't have the right mentality to manage games, it's sheer panic.

Monk is to blame to a point but the amount of soft fouls and needless corners we gave away to a big side was crazy.

End of the day we are a mid-table side that can sometimes engage top 6 mode for a bit. These aren't Monk's players either we can't forget.

18 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Didn't see the game but is it a case of dropping too far back when trying to preserve a lead?

Also think lack of training yesterday now open to question given the poor performance of so many players by all accounts.

Was like the Alamo last 15 minutes, barely left our penalty area, corners, free-kicks we gave them every chance we could.

Edited by sMacLean
  • Thanks 2

Thing is...you can see it come from a mile off. 

We manage games so badly. 

Drop off deep, give away stupid freekicks, corners and so on. 

The pressure build ups and up, but so much of it is our own doing. 

As evidence of our total lack of ambition in this game, I’d love to know how many of the 97 minutes were played in our half. 

We went for a point against the bottom club, giving them a boost, and that performance got everything it deserved.

4 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Was like the Alamo last 15 minutes, barely left our penalty area, corners, free-kicks we gave them every chance we could.

This! You’d think someone have a word with Bannan and say stop giving away Soft free kicks, it’s not like he has to defend them. 

5 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We can't defend high, lumped balls into our area.

Unfortunately, that is all Stoke had in their arsenal.

that’s all they needed today. How we never brought Borner on at any point that game is beyond me. I don’t recall there forwards being that big but gave Lees and Iorfa a terrible time. 

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

that’s all they needed today. How we never brought Borner on at any point that game is beyond me. I don’t recall there forwards being that big but gave Lees and Iorfa a terrible time. 

He'd made three subs unfortunately

Still start him over lees I think 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, modboy said:

He'd made three subs unfortunately

Still start him over lees I think 

good practice this game for what Cardiff likely you do next time out. We better remember how to deal with long balls and set pieces before then. 

Clear we need players coming in that;

A, doesnt keep giving cheap fouls away in dangerous areas.

B, Doesn't Panic when the clock goes past 87 mins

C, Trys to engage their brain a bit and work out that giving away set pieces to teams with big players just might not be a good idea.

D, Fuckoff lot of you.

• Haha 2